Season 2: Chapter 6

Season 2

Chapter 6

The morrow, I woke up as soon as the sun rose up. Nang makababa ako sa unang palapag ay naroon na si Heiden na nagpapahinga. Drinking something and reading a newspaper.

Even though I see him more frequent now, I am still not used to it. Until when will I play the fiancee act? This is stressing me.

I heed him no mind. Nang lalabas pa ako ay tinanong niya pa kung saan ako paroroon. I just gave him a shrug and went out.

Kahit na sagutin ko o hindi ang kanyang tanong ay magpapasunod rin naman siya ng mga kawal upang sundan at manmanin ang aking mga gawain. It will just be a waste of time opposing him.

Hindi pa kami nakalalayo mula sa estrakturang tinutuluyan namin ay naramdaman ko na ang mahinang mga presensiya ng mga kawal na nakasunod sa akin. Two---no, three knights. Naturally, my companions also felt them but acted like they did not noticed it. Napangisi ako.

The second prince is such a fool. If he was going to send spies, at least one with skills.

“Where are we going, my lady?” Si Hilda. Katulad ko ay nakasuot rin sila ng kani-kanilang mga kapa.

“A place where we need to go.” Sagot ko. We stopped on the smithy of Rionsky’s acquaintance.

Truthfully, we are in front of this smithy to give these three a breather. Hilda and Davidron have such large stamina and endurance but not omnipotent. They are also tired. Especially Lorves, he was the one who tended me the most during this dreadful trip.

Bumaling sa aking isipan ang mukha ni unang prinsipe. I pursed my lips.

Well, I can say that this is not bad at all. I am so thoughtful and considerate, they should be thankful.

The bell chimed as I opened the door.

“Welcome.” The old blacksmith said in monotone. Nagpapanday rin siya nang naabutan ko. Hindi kagaya ng kahapon ay may isa siyang kasamang babae ring nagpapanday. He stood up and turned to us. I removed the hood of my cloak for the blacksmith to recognize me. His eyes widened. “M-My lady!” He bowed. Tumango ako.

“Where is he?”

“His Highness has gone out for a while.”

“No need.” Bumaling ulit ang aking tingin sa babaeng nagpapanday. She seemed not to care about us and is focusing her attention at the sword she is smithing.

This is the first time I am seeing a blacksmith woman. Even in the kingdom of Ronschwald, women are just seen as nuisances if not for their statuses. What I am seeing is new. Naroroon pa kayang ibang mga babaeng panday rito? “I see a new face.”

“Yes. Isa rin siyang magpapanday. She is still new here but she knows the ropes, my lady. She is quite skilled.” The blacksmith scratched the back of his head.

“Hmm...” I hummed. Kumurap ako.

“Safira!” He shouted. Hindi tumigil ang tinawag niya at nagpatuloy sa ginagawa. “S-Safira!” He glanced at us and to the woman. Tumigil ang babae at tumingin sa amin na may iritang expresiyon. She has a glare on her face.

“Ano?! Hindi mo ba nakikita na may ginagawa ako?” She grunted.

I must say, she has quite the looks. It suits her well. Short blue hair until her nape, fierce blue eyes, pointed nose, red lips. Her body is also well-toned for a woman. She is the visual of the ocean. I am sure men have chased after her despite her manly and bold attitude.

“Safira.” The blacksmith deeply said, giving her meaningful words behind it. She clicked her tongue and tilted her head at us.

“Hmm? Isang aristokrata?” She ran her fingers through her hair. Her eyes squinted and lips parted.

She can seduce men even without doing anything.

“Watch your mouth. He is His Highness’ lady.”

“Ah...” Tango lang niya. She smirked at me. “Nice to meet you.”

“Same to you.” I gave her a nod.

“Safira.” Pagpapakilala niya. She told no more pleasantries.

“Arisia.” I answered.

“If you are His Highness’ lady, does that mean you also do that?” She winked as she grinned. Lumapit siya sa akin.

“What do you mean?” My eyes squinted.

“What do I mean? Alam mo na iyan.” She really is bold to asked something private to the one she just met.

I mentally smirked.

Surprisingly, she is likeable. I like her already. I can feel a bond tying between us. “Se---” Lorves cleared his throat, interrupting her. She did not mind. “Se---” Tikhim ulit mula kay Lorves. Safira glanced at him, quick, then turned to me. Not minding his interruption. “Se---” Once again, she was interrupted. Nagbago ang expresiyon ni Safira. She did not hid her grimace at Lorves. Pinagkrus niya ang kanyang mga braso.“Hey. Why do you keep interfering?” She said in monotone.

“Please refrain from saying anything illicit.” Blankong sagot ni Lorves. He blinked.

“Huh? Who cares, man.” She ran her fingers through her hair again.

It must be a habit of her.

“Your attitude is not tolerable for people you just met.” Sabat ni Lorves. The air became chilly all of a sudden. The two had a staring contest. Safira looking up at him with discontentment while Davidron looking down at her with a blank and straightforward eyes.

“The heck is your problem? You are rude.” Ngisi ni Safira.

“I am just telling a fact. Please reflect.” Kalmadong sagot ng isa.

“If you keep that attitude, you will not be a lady’s man.” She clicked her tongue again. Umiling siya ng marahan.

“It is not like I want to. I know I will meet someone who likes me someday.” He answered in monotone. I cannot help but grimace of his cheesiness. Si Safira rin. She blinked a few times her lips parted. Maya-maya ay napatawa siya.

I cannot believe he said that. Such a cringe line.

“That’s a big no. Don’t wait. You should be aggressive. You are still such a child when it comes to this.” She snorted. Kumunot ang noo ni Lorves.

“She is right, Lorves. You ought to be aggressive when you want a lady.” I secondly agreed without batting an eye. The words just came out from my mouth that I was not thinking at all.

“See? Even Arisia agrees.” She shrugged, casually calling my name.

“Don’t call my lady by her name.” Si Hilda.

“Don’t call Milady by her name.” Davidron followed.

“Don’t call Arisia that.” Lorves argued.

Safira blinked a few times, a bit surprised of Lorves’ reaction.

“Arisia.” She smirked, calling me by my name again.

“Insolent.” Hilda pursed her lips.

“Milady, should we teach her a lesson?” Davidron attempted to draw his swords.

“Call her in a respectable way.” Lorves crossed his arms.

What is wrong with them? Overreacting?

Bumuntong-hininga ako.

“It is fine. She can call be my name.” Ani ko.

Normally, I would have given glares for those who casually go close to me. However, Safira is different. She has a pleasant vibe that goes well with me.

“But Mila---”

“I want no complaints.” Pinagkrus ko ang aking mga braso. I turned at Safira. “Safira, was it? How about a cup of coffee?”

“Sure. Come sit.” She pointed at the four-person table with her head. Hindi ako umimik at umupo. The three stayed still in standing but she insisted that we all sit. They turned to me and I have given them a nod as an approval. I can sense their hesitation as they sat. “Old man, you should go smith in the other room.” Safira initiated to the blacksmith. The blacksmith sighed.

“Please excuse her behavior.” He bowed to me. Tumango ako.

“You can go.” I waved my hand as a dismissal. Iniwan kami ng matandang panday.

“Hmm... sakto lang ang mga upuan. Sorry we have no uncomfortable sofas like what you have. The old man is poor.” Aniya. She went to the brew coffee.

“Even so, you must be getting Rionsky’s support.”

“Ah... yes but old man’s stingy. The other workers have told him to upgrade the smithy but he won’t just listen. Nagagastos ang lahat sa aming pagkain at sa mga nagagawang mga armas.” Sagot niya. She handed us the mugs filled with the coffee she brewed. It reached my nose.

“I see. I shall persuade the blacksmith then.”

“Are you sure?” Tumabingi siya.

“It is not a bother.” I rested my head in my hand. Dumekwatro ako.

“Cool. Thank you. Now the old man will not make a fuss.” Ngisi niya. Her hand went to her lips.

“It is fine. Are there no more chairs? You should also take a seat.” I sipped from the mug.

“Nah. A table of four is just what we have. Besides, I can seat in the table or just stand.” She shrugged.

“Lorves, Davidron? You will not let her sit?” Ngiti ko sa dalawa.

“I-I’m sorry, my lady.” Davidron stopped from drinking and quickly stood up. Lorves was about to but Safira refused.

“Geez, it’s fine. Stop making it a big deal. A woman as I may, let us treat each other as equals.” She clicked her tongue. Kumurap lamang ako at marahang suminghal.

“If that is what you want.”

“Well, maaari naman akong makaupo.” She glanced at Lorves. Napangisi ako sa kanyang ipinarating. “I can just sit on this man’s lap.” Her eyes squinted. Lorves almost coughed what he is drinking as she was pertaining to him.

It seems that he caught her interest.

“What---”

“Before you sit on his lap, you should at least know his name.” I interrupted Lorves.

“May punto ka nga.” Safira retorted and pursed her lips. “Well?” She turned to him. Lorves stayed silent for a while before answering her. He folded his arms.

“Lorves... Kallon.” He hesitated. His cheeks flushed a bit. Safira snorted. “Is there anything funny?” His brows furrowed.

“Nothing.” Ngisi ng isa. “You’re just cute.”

“There is no such thing as cute man.” Kalmadong sagot ni Lorves.

“There is. Nasa aking harapan.” Patuloy na panunuya sa kanya ni Safira.

I think I know now why I like her. It is because she is just like me. “Catch me.” She said.

“Huh---” He was interrupted when she suddenly fell on purpose in his lap. Lorves was quick to support her in his arms. He gently cushioned her. He even argued with her but she just shrugged it off. Patuloy silang nagde-debate. I, on the other hand, stayed quiet and relaxed, sipping on my coffee.

This is quite a scene. It is like seeing a cat and a dog fight.

“My lady, I can see the resemblance between you and her.” Hilda whispered.

“I was just thinking the same.” I tapped my fingers in the table. “Nevermind that, the two makes a good pair.” I blinked.

It seems like the jinx I casted on Lorves came true. Safira may now be the one for him. Well, it works quite well for me. He can stop his unconscious flirting with me.

“They are the lesser version of my lady and His Highness, the crown prince.” She nodded.

“Oh, shut up.” Umirap ako. Ngumisi siya. I averted my gaze and softly snorted. I pressed my lips against each other. “Bakit napakagatal niya?” I muttered. The bell chimed, a sign indicating that there is a person by the door. Tumingin ako sa bandang roon. Napangisi ako nang makita kung sino ang dumating. “Speaking of...” Pagbati ko. “You are late.” My eyes squinted. He turned to me in an aware and tensed manner. Namilog ng kaunti ang kanyang mga mata.

“A-Arisia! Why are you here?” He flustered. Umiwas siya ng tingin pagkatapos. His redness is visible. I grinned. Tumabingi lang ako at ipinatong ang aking ulo sa aking kamay.

“Why, you mean? I came because I missed seeing my adorable Rionsky.” I softly chuckled. Mas lalo siyang namula. He pursed his lips and covered his face.

I think my day cannot go well without teasing him and seeing that adorable reaction.