Season 1: Chapter 16

Season 1

Chapter 16

I put my leg on top of the other. I stomped my shoes repeatedly, making the only sounds throughout my room. My gaze went into daze, thinking nothing. Bumuntong-hininga ako.

“My lady, you have received an invitation from Lady Myrna from House Alquiero.” Hilda, with a excited smile plastered on her face, gave me a white envelope. Kinuha ko iyon.

She is in a good mood. It must be about Davidron again.

The lavender scent from the envelope lingered through my nose.

It has quite a pleasant smell.

“The third time, huh?” Binuksan ko ang imbitasyon. Kagaya ng mga naunang pinadala sa akin ay ini-imbita na naman ako sa kanilang tahanan. The last invitation was a week ago but I did not bothered with it.

Napaka-mainipin naman. The Alquiero lady has many friends, I know, but she is such a pain.

“Yes, my lady.” Tango ni Hilda.

“Hmm... she is annoying.” Komento ko at umirap. I gave it to Hilda for her to dispose it. Pinagkrus ko ang aking mga braso.

“What do you think, Hilda?” She blinked. Kalaunan ay nagpakawala ng buntong-hininga.

“Frankly, the lady of house Alquiero is annoying but it is important to maintain the connection, my lady. Pangatlo na itong imbita niya.”

“You are right.” Kinagat ko ang aking labi. I hesitated.

Lady Alqueiro is not really important but words might spread in the society that I am ignoring her. If possible, I do not want a bad image. “Are there no invites from Ruvia?” Napunta ang aking kamay sa aking mga labi.

“Ang kaibigan mo?” I raised my brow.

“Oo. My dear friend, Ruvia.” Ngisi ako at napasinghal.

That was awful. Ruvia and I may have some similarities but I cannot seem to empathize with her or even be true friends.

“I can sense the sarcasm, my lady.” Hilda snorted. Umiling siya.

“Ikaw ang nagpasimula. You know she started to pick a fight with me first. Ibinalik ko lang sa kanya ang pagpapahiya niya. Soon, she will be my doll.” She gave me a glass of wine she slipped.

My father does not even know about this. It should be fine, though. Nasa tamang edad na naman ako para uminom ng mga alak.

I sipped on it. I savored its bittersweet flavor. Napapikit ako. “No, that is not right to say. She is already progressing to be one.” I chuckled. Pinaglaruan ko muna ang baso. Hilda pursed my lips when she saw me drank from it again.

Alam kong hindi siya sanay na makita akong uminom ng para sa mga nakatatanda.

I just gave her an assuring smirk. “How are the properties I asked from her?” Tanong ko nang may maalala. I referred to the the things I acquired from the bet with Ruvia from that time at the Hunting Competition.

The things I have asked were simple but large. Alam ko namang hindi sila malulugi kahit angkinin ko pa ang kalahati ng kanilang mga ari-arian. With the embezzles they have done and still doing, they will not run out of funds. Isa pa ay mahirap na maibuking ang mga ginagawa nila dahil sa koneksiyon nila sa ibang mga makapangyaring mga mamamayan. Some are not even from Ronschwald kingdom. It will be hard to take the House Estevan down.

I grunted.

Hindi ko rin naman plano iyon. That is if they do not cross the line.

“As you have instructed, my lady. She handed us the the clothing shop and its branches first. A restaurant from the center. Hindi magtatagal ay mapupunta rin sa iyo ang mansiyon na nasa norte.” Tumango ako.