Searching Far And Wide- I

Y/N had always been quiet. And for the most of her childhood, her mother liked it. She never cried, fussed or anything of the sort. Mind you she communicated, just never verbally. It was the girls father who first noticed, except he paid it no mind at the time. Until she grew to be 5, and hadn't spoken. And yet again when she was 8, and kept quiet all the same. It seemed to weigh on them more like a curse now, a mother in fear for her daughters future and a father who shared the same concerns.

But she was still a happy child. Y/N had a life, and while it was hard to communicate at times she made her friends. They weren't close, she knew that they were sometimes exasperated with how she sometimes didn't understand but it was okay. She had her mum and dad and that was all that mattered.

They celebrated, happy and joyous when she turned 10. Her first words were 'no' after refusing her fathers constant pestering. Y/N was a smart kid, mind not lacking anywhere else than with speech. What seemed to hurt more for her parents was that she seemed to have given up with the notion of speaking. They weren't quite ready to do the same, and for the 15th birthday, her father offered her the best gift he could offer.

And so they celebrated briefly. Leaving in the cover of the night, the hefty amount of money they had brought weighing heavily on her father's shoulders. Y/N herself was pouting, every so often tugging at her mother's sleeve just to show the scowl that adorned her face. The sun peeking from the hills marked a full week's journey of camping out and stops in any village that shared their hospitality- if there were any at all.

It wasn't long until they arrived in the small town in which the madrigals reside.