Excited Much?- XIII

Your parents welcomed you with a tired smile while you had been beaming like you had just found a cure for... Something important. They were pleasantly surprised, and even though they looked as if they'd just aged a couple years, the utter happiness in your chest will have to find someone dead before anything dampens your mood.

And of course your sleep had to be no less of strange. The boy was sitting there again, he brightens up, just barely.

"hello-"
"no."

He looks surprised.

"Really? What did I do?"
"I warned them." Now you've surprised yourself. There wasn't a single stutter in your words, despite some of them not being too familiar.

"First time? Mama always-" he immediately stopped himself and bit his lips. "Anyways, you told them. What could have gone wrong?"

"you tell me." Even as he stares at you you still refuse you give him an answer.

"Ay, alright, alright," the mysterious boy put his hands up in surrender. "they didn't take it well, expected of the antuigas."

"dont call them that." You frown. His face seems to harden as well. If you had the time to look closer, you noticed he had a mark on his cheek. A scar, more like.

"It doesn't matter. Thank you." Just like before, he disappeared, little by little. He even has time to smile and wave before completely leaving your line of sight.

To your disappointment you've woken in cold sweat like before. It doesn't feel like you've slept a wink.

Meanwhile in the madrigal household-

No one knew what could have put such a smile on Camilos face. Not once, even during Christmas, did he look this excited. Dolores was eating her food with a face.

"Camilo," Felix looked to be in a good mood too. He was far too familiar with that giddy look, it was the same one he sported when he first asked out Pepa. "What did you do today?"

"well~ he went back all smiley after walking y/n home." Mirabel interject this loudly while everyone gawks and stares at Camilo. He doesn't seem to mind, turning red and shaking his head.

"it's not like that-"

"It is she kissed him." Dolores can't seem to help herself interfering with wide eyes. Which in turn had everyones eyes back to the poor boy. He only sent a betrayed gaze to his sister who shrugged.

"Well thats wonderful!" Abuelas voice suddenly sounds and everyone quiets in their teasing. "I'm sure you asked her to be your date?"

"yes abuela." A smile is still feint on his face, as he puts his hand on his cheek. It's still warm.

"Good, good."

With that dinner was silent. But the happy glow of Camilo could not be stopped.

And the morning dawned of them, y/n tired while Camilo felt energized, enough to run laps around all of the Encanto. But if something hadnt changed, it was that the both of them greatly anticipated their planned meeting.

You had searched your entire wardrobe for a dress. And the only appropriate one you had was your mother's. She gave it to you on your birthday. The fond memories made you smile.

It was a knee length dress. The chest area had a dark blue that faded to a white at the ends. It had no sleeves, which felt slightly revealing, but it wasn't too bad. Just nothing you were used to. There were gold accents of a chalice with dark red droplets. A strange design but it fit.

Draping it around your frame, you noticed it felt prefect. Like it was made for you. God it's pretty, you whirl around with a giggle.

Camilo had propped up a mirror in his room, modeling any clothes his family handed him. Pepa would give him ponchos of even grander design, while Mirabel decided against it.

"I've seen how she looks at you when your rauna is off."

The thought makes him turn a hard red while Dolores nods.

"What about these pants?"

He indeed ended up without the covering garment, and instead with a shirt that was slightly unbuttoned at the top. His sleeves were rolled up (even though everyone was against it) and they showed off his slightly defined arms.

The pants a dark brown contrasting with his avarage white top. Camilo noticed they had markings, small chameleons dancing around the hem of his attire. And despite his nervous feelings he only turned to the mirror and grinned.

"I can't wait to see you Hermosa."

You left your house, yelling goodbye to your parents who told you to be careful. At this point? You were too joyous to care. The amount of people present would have scared you a mere week ago. But now you had confidently squeezed through them. Only Camilo was in your mind.

And it took a while to enter Casita. The entrance itself was bustling and busy. Louisa was parking the donkeys. Isabella's flowers couldn't be contained by the houses walls as they seemed to float in the air. It was beautiful.

You turn only to see him. Camilo was entertaining guests, you can't help but stare at his attire. God the way he smiled, the way he laughed, the way he, the way he looked at you with those eyes. A brightened expression shot onto his face as you both made eye contact, making him excuse himself from the line of guests who waited to enter.

He's fighting his way though the crowd before standing in front of you. It felt too surreal. The chatter became white noise as you stared, his lips forming another wide grin.

"Hermosa you look..." Camilo doesn't finish his sentence, before he leaned closer to you, breath fanning your ear. "y/n, you look beautiful."

Almost as if he had not just painted your face another bright red he gently took your hand in his, bringing you into Casita, which if you thought was pretty before, blew you away now. The bunting you has put was now adorned with all sorts of flowers, vines grappling along the edges of the walls. Hand made animal cut-outs were pasted here and there.

"Dios mio the stars are jealous." His sly face alerted you of his antics. "They shone so brightly before you came, Mi sol."

""I can't, I can't with you." Camilo laughs as you bury yourself into his chest. For a moment you two just stand there,with you inhaling his scent as he burned at your touch.

The moment was suddenly disturbed by abuela, whose voice rang out, relaying the message that you were sure was recited every ceremony. Camilo took you hand again, people moving to make way for the madrigal.

"a front row seat," he whispers once you get to where his family stands. It gives a clear view of the door. "you'll need it with your height."

You pay him no mind and lean against him once more. What would you give to stay in this perfect moment forever?