Confusion- XVIII

The three of you rounded up, Camilo checking for any injuries you might have sustained. Even though you and Mirabel had expressed your concerns over his nervous break down he only brushed it off. You were frustrated, but didn't push. after all he let you be when you were in his position.

"What a," Mirabel huffs. Just as the climb up, the climb down was terrible. Probably worse. You were half tempted to jump off and hope that the sand would be enough cushion. "What a great time to be alive."

You nod along, Camilo trailing behind both of you. He had been uncharacteristicly quiet. It really didnt sit right. It made your stomach churn.

"Camilo, Camilo," you slow in your walking so the both of you would be within hearing range of the other. Dangerous, as if he accidentally hit you you would that teethered over to a very, very long drop.

"hm? What's wrong Hermosa?" He tries to laugh but the tiredness of his voice is hard to mask. To be fair, you had lost complete track of time. Who knows how long you three stayed up there?

"are you, okay, okay?" Again he agrees unconvincingly. You leave it be for the rest of the trek back, exhausted.

"Wow, you two look terrible!" It astounded you how Mirabel looked completely fine. I mean it was great that she had new findings but on the other hand, really?

"Ha ha, very funny. I'm gonna go take a nap." Camilo sulks. Mirabel only sighs. A nap sounds good if you're being honest.

"I still need you to figure out what this means with me! You'll be there, right y/n?"

It's hard to keep your eyes open but you smile all the same. You went so far as to find the jagged puzzle pieces, you should at least get to see what it becomes. Camilo takes one look at you and groans.

"Hermosa give me a break!" He whines while Mirabel pays him no mind. She opens the door and ushers the two of your out. Your escape would have been clean if not for a run in with the one and only person you would have liked to avoid.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Abuela's voice is stern much like before. She's judging as she regards Mirabel with a frown. Camilo stumbles forward, ignorant of the situation before he blinks twice.

"Oh Abuela!" He spurters in a panic. She raises a brow at the boy as he looks around, not meeting her gaze. "we were just-"

"and what is in your hair?" She picks at the dirt and sand scattered all over Mirabel and Camilos hair. Eventually she notices you rubbing your eyes with a yawn. She visibly softens.

"Y/n dear, I didn't know you were here. Will you be staying over for dinner?"

You mindlessly nod as she brightens up. Only until you hear Luisa making her way up the stairs.

"My gift!" Her tone is desperate and scared while Camilo perks up at the sound of another person. "I'm losing my gift!"

Abuela looks to you three before back at Luisa. She pats the girls back gently as she sniffles. The next words making you turn to Mirabel with a questioning glance.

"Mirabel and I was having a little talk, about me carrying too much, so I tried not to carry so much but I realise it was putting me behind and I knew I was going to let everyone down-" She hurriedly spoke, worry in her voice and her hands fly around in an attempt to explain better."And I felt really bad, and I was just grabbing all the donkeys but when I went to throw the donkeys in the barn they were..."

Luisa pauses for a moment. The words she was about to say looked to scare her. You, Mirabel and Camilo exchanged glances.

"Heavy..."

Her voice comes out a hushed whisper before she cried, walking off loudly. Abuela turned back to the three of you.

"What did you do? What did you say to her?" The motherly way she presented herself before had vanished as her eyes hardened. Mirabel stepped back, bumping into you and Camilo.

"Nothing! I, I-"

"Mirabel." The clock tings off in the backround and Abuela looked disgruntled. "We'll talk about this later, I have a meeting with the Guzmans."

She excuses herself and smiles at you. You flinch, feeling Camilo ask if you were okay. You were but the exchange scared you. Their abuela felt like a two faced person.

"Ah, sorry to get you two involved-"

"Its, it's okay," You speak while Mirabel apologetically looked away. She looked guilty, fidgeting with her pouch. Much like a child about to get scolded. Suddenly, you feel someone lean against you. The feeling of a face pressed on you made you squirm.

But you don't need to turn to know who it was. You could feel Camilo's warm breaths on your neck. It made your face red like countless times before. Mirabel points to him and then gestures to her room. As you turn to wake him, the face he makes nearly convinces you not to.

His mouth is slightly opened, eyes closed shut and his face holding a gentle peacefulness. You notice with a smile that his hair is flopped all over, and soft snores emitted from his nose.

"Camilo, Camilo, hey," He grumbles slightly and you just decide to lead the male over to mirabels room. His face is buried in your hair, unmoving, but at least his legs work.

The moment you entered, Mirabel shuts the room with a hurry. She places down all the dull green pieces you had collected, putting them together like some sort of puzzle.

Camilo only slept soundly. You had placed his head on your lap, while running your fingers through his hair. Sometimes he would complain and move your hand out of the way with a whiny mutter.

"Y/n! Y/n... It's Casita!"