The Changed Prophecy- XVII

Camilo leaned on you, while Mirabel figetted with her hands. The three of you were still seated, sweaty and puffing. You felt like no matter how much air you breathed, it was not enough. Your lungs and thighs burned too.

"Ah, guys, we need to keep going," Mirabel gestures to the long winding staircase. You and Camilo groaned. She was right. If you had stayed seated any longer you might have even less time to explore what was at the very top.

And so continued the gruesome climb. The pace slow, but you were definitely getting somewhere. By the time the three of you arrived all the way at the top, Camilo's jaw dropped to see a large chasm.

"WHAT?" He exasperatedly flopped to the floor in defeat. "ARGHH BRUNOOO!"

You joined him, and Mirabel did too. She sighed, pushing all her hair out of her face.

"What now?" the girl thinks for a moment before standing up. You hadn't the least idea what could help, but you had faith in Mirabels ingenuity. She might have no gifts but that shone all the more light to her skills.

After creating a makeshift swinging vine of some sort, she leaps across the chasm, yelling before making on the other side.

"Woohoo! Yeah!" Mirabel proudly put her hands on her waist, before tossing the rope to you and Camilo. He stared at her.

"What a shame, it seems you have to leave us behind-"

"Camilo."

"But-"

"I'll tell Antonio you're the one that threw his favorite blanket."

"It was an accident!" He huffs but positions himself to jump. You lightly tug on him, and he can see the fear in your eyes.

"I, I can't-"

Before you can even continue he's transformed into Mariano, hoping his sturdy build could be of help. Hauling you over his shoulder he swings over with no hesitation while you scream, wiggling around his hold.

"Stop moving- ack!" Camilo drops to the ground, flattened by your figure. You're somehow sat above him, the position not very... Not very nice.

Mirabel is laughing to herself while the poor male beneath you struggles to understand what exactly was going on.

" Hermosa-" His face flushes as he tries to get out from under you. This makes you only lose your balance and flail around before he catches your arm and you accidentally pull him forward. Which while it put you both dangerously clsoe to the edge, he was now trapping you under his arms.

"Ookay, I let this get a little too out of hand-" Mirabel pulls Camilo back and helps you up. Both of your faces a bright red. You mumble a thanks before stumbling forward slightly. The male catches you, and sends you a flustered smile.

"Guys, look-" You jump slightly, running after Mirabel. The second pair of footsteps tell you that Camilo followed as well. She's waiting for the two of you, pointing to a stone door.

"Well... Ladies first?" No one bothers to reply before you three step inside carefully. Camilo wraps his hand around yours for comfort.

The door shuts from behind.

"What-" Mirabel panics, plunging around the darkness, trying to find where you had come from. Your heart pounds once more in your chest and you press against Camilo. He whispers little nothings to calm you down, but by the quiver in his voice you can tell he too dreaded what you were going to do now.

A glimmer catches you eye and you crouch down.

"Y/N!" He fearfully cries out, clutching onto you tighter. You only pat his fingers. "don't do that..."

"sorry..." But as you're digging around, a shard of glass comes into contact with your thumb, and you frantically grasp at it. You pull out the fragment. It's glowing faintly. Brighter with the darkness but not enough to see anything. "see!"

You happily turn to show it to Camilo, who jumps back to avoid being hit in the face. "Light?"

"Y/N! What did you find?" Mirabel tripped, landing with an 'oof' "Wait guys look!"

She shoves her hand in the sand, pulling up another piece. Struggling slightly to get over, Mirabel takes your wrist, and tries to find a way to somehow assemble them. She fumbles before it comes together, and tilting it to the side showed Casita, broken and falling apart.

"So do we just feel around for them?" Camilo interjects, moving around his hand to try and test his luck. "Ah, got one!"

The three of you ended up treasure hunting, delving into the piles of sand, small cracks in the stone going unnoticed. It isn't long until the sickening noise of breaking caught your attention, and your heart falls into your stomach as you see it stemming directly above Camilo. Just before it breaks you push him out of the way.

"Ow, y/n?" you're atop him, the sand seeming to bury the both of you. Mirabel agitatedly opened her pouch, the collective light shining around the wall, before stopping at around the entrance. Another glint is seen at the corner of your eye. Camilo realizes just what was happening before tugging you over towards his cousin.

"Y/N! y/n we have to go-"

"there's another! I need, I need, I need to get it-"

You pull away as he immediately drops down next to you, digging to try and find what you need. The small green glow finally shines through the debri.

"Okay, we have to go now-" Camilo picks you up, fighting through the massive barricade, as Mirabel yelled at both of you to hurry up. She was frantically banging against the door, and just as the sand reached a threatening height it burst open, launching all of you out.

Your eyes adjust to Mirabel moving away from the edge, while Camilo remained holding onto you. His breaths are hard and a diminutive whimper leaves his throat.

"Camilo-!" He hugs you tightly, his whole body trembling from fear and adrenaline. Mirabel sympathetically rubs his back. You toy with his hair as he starts to calm down, wiping his silent tears before mustering a brave smile.

"Hey, what do you know," Camilo let out a shaky laugh. "we actually made it."