De Ja Vu- VII

you were pouting the entire walk home, while your parents only looked at you with amusement. Until you had moved to this new encanto, you had never really complained to your parents. They were pretty understanding and again, you didn't ask for much.

"Chiquita," Your father cooed, attempting to pat you while you shooed him away. "Dont be like that, you can see them tomorrow"

Its still quiet as you refuse to reply. You know they're trying to make you feel better, or something of the sort, but with the face they were making, it didn't help you feel better one bit. your reluctance to leave surprised you as well. Just earlier you would have wanted to leave, but now you didn't. It made you wonder if aside from dementia you couldve had DID.

"Hes right tesoro, if you keep pouting like that, you wont be able to stop." She joked, pulling you to her side. Your face softened at her remark before you frowned again. Your father took one look and laughed.

"Papa!" a new word slips out again. Your dad looks at you with excitement jumping slightly by the balls of his feet, your moms eyes formed cresents as she took your hands in hers.

"Finally! you said papa! Good job Chiquita!" His praise followed until you reached your home. You mother asked if you wanted anything but you shook your head. It would be a little... much you thought, if you had gotten a gift for simply saying a word.. it just didn't feel right.

The moment you all arrived home, you mother looked jumpy and slightly anxious. your father noticed this immediately and whispered something that very visibly calmed her down.

It was strange how easily the atmosphere changed- just earlier your mother had been laughing. What could have possibly happened while you were gone?

"Mama? whats.. whats, wro- wron, ng? wrong?"

Only she dismissed your concern with a sigh.

"We'll tell you soon y/n, but not now, okay?"

It only confirmed that something really was wrong. And though the suspense clawed at you you let it be. You parents would tell you soon, if they couldn't now. But all the same you couldn't even come to think about what she could be worried about.

They bid you goodnight, and as you change, the fatigue hit you. You rarely went out, so all the running and social interactions tired you out more that you thought. With your eyelids heavy, you drifted off into sleep.

You awoke in a strange place, and you recognize it to be your old home. It made you heart throb. Only now did you notice how much you missed the place. You could see your mother and father muttering anxiously, you were asleep in your mother's arms. It's a dream, you though to yourself.

"her gift is too powerful, santiago-"

"I will protect her, do not worry." His face is grim. Gift? What gift? Everything seems to swallow you up the ground beneath you no longer tangible and you fell into darkness.

The scenery changed once more. You were in a garden, your mother consulting nearby with who you remembered were your tios and tias. They were engrossed with a piece of paper, again muttering anxiously. You couldn't move in your place, watching as young you played around in the grass.

You let out a yelp as someone thuds to the floor, a crack resonating in the garden. The person olny stands, grasping your hand, repeatedly begging.

"Please save him- I need to to save him! Please, I'll do anything, I'll do anything, please," Her sobs only scared the small you, and you tried to wrench out of her grasp. Your parents had clambered over as well, their faces horrified by what was going on.

"get your hands of her!" As your father wrestled you away from the woman the world melted again. You could feel your heart beating absurdly fast. You were confused, you remembered this meeting perfectly, and yet, how had it not bothered you until now?

"y/n!" a voice startles you. It's a boy, running towards you, picking up speed. He's short, nearly your height, with wide eyes. He bumps into you, but what registered in your mind was that, you could feel him.

"who-"
"they're going to find you-" He's panicking as his body disintegrates slowly. "You need to warn them- you need to warn-"

You awoke in cold sweat. The dream you so vividly felt was already leaving and slipping through your fingers. Immediately slipping out of bed you frantically search for note pad, writing down what stuck to you.

Gift,
Save him,

Warn them

Whatever it was that you dreamt of, it was familiar. You knew it happened. It just didn't hit right how you couldn't actively remember. Not you had a direct reason to, but still.

A knock on the door scared you a little, and the paper fell to the floor. In a panic you reach down bumping your head on the edge of a table you failed to see.

"Ay!" you rub the sore spot on your head.

"Tesoro? Are you okay?" Your mother interjected, worry evident in her voice. You nod despite knowing she won't see it anyway.

"Yes mama," you walk over and finally open the door with a sigh. "only hit my head, there,"

The chuckles of your mother felt like soft melodies to your ears. It was a nice break from all the nerve wracking happenings recently.

"get ready now, Tesoro, you'll be going over to the madrigals."

"without you?" there's worry in your face. Your mother only smiles, reassuring you.

At least you have something to look forward to.