Embarrassed- IV

It was too late when you realized. Your first impression was a wreck with this person- and your face was burning so much you just knew he could feel your warmth from where he was sat. The male too seemed surprised and belted out a loud laugh.

You didn't mean to, but the embarrassment was far too much. And you decided to run. Anyway, it's not like you two will meet again anytime soon right?

He let's out a surprised sound and jumps up in a panic. Hes yelling and trying to chase you, saying something like 'Calo, Cami?'

"Home.." you huffed, sweaty from your run. Your mum nodded before doubling back and realizing how ruffled you looked.

"tesoro! Look at you, you're all messy! Go take a quick bath okay?" she fawned over you and fussed while you repeatedly muttered 'I am fine'. She eventually let you go when you got to the bathroom.

The bath was nice, you had to admit. But the events of earlier was engraved in your memory, in a sense that you seriously cannot forget. His smug voice, and teasing face, and his wide smile and boisterous laugher. It's hung in the air, so fresh you could still hear it. You still couldn't quite go around the fact that he had called you 'hermosa'.

For the first time in a long time, you felt compelled to try saying a word. It frustrated you, before, so much that that frustration turned into self hatred. Your parents could see the impact but they didn't want you to stop. Not when you had been so close at forming a sentence. They push you harder some days, but now they leave you be.

"Her.. He.. Herrrr..." you sounded out the word, frowning as you couldn't get it quite right. 'fixed' was a word you had not meant to say that had slipped out. You wish it was always that easy. Some words felt like silk on your tongue while some... They didn't roll as nice."Herma... Mo.. Herrrmoo.."

"Hermoos-" just as you were about to finished you were startled by a knock on the door. "chiquita! Are you ready? We're visiting the madrigals for dinner!"

A grunt left your lips. So close.

"ah yes, mama" with that you heave a sigh and lie on your bed. Everything seemed to swirl around you, everything felt so unreal. Your eyes were closed, almost as if reaching into that memory to try to make it more tangible.

"hermo, Hermosa"

You felt giddy, a sense of accomplishment washed over you. I... Did it! All by myself! Your lips perked as you thundered down to your parents, startling them both.

"mama!" they could hear the urgency in your voice, and you noticed that despite your attempt to yell your voice was hushed and soft.

"what's wrong Chiquita?"
"y/n! Are you okay? What happened?"

They were surprised when you beamed at them and pointed to your mouth.

"Look! Hermo, Hermosa!"

The utter delight on their face only made you smile harder, their laughs and congratulations making you feel like you were on clouds. You need to thank that boy when you see him.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we'll be late if we dont go now," your dad proudly puffed his chest and patted your head.

"I'm so proud of you chiquita."