part 23. fighting for Haley

The next morning
Bettys POV
Its really early in the morning and I sneak out of the house while everyone is sleeping. I go to Katherine's house and knock on the door. Katherine opens the door. K"how do you know where I live?" B"i have my ways." I smile. I hear Haley crying. K"ughh, can you ever stop crying?" Haley starts to cry louder. B"did you feed her?" K"no, she doesn't need to be fed." B"did you change her?" K"i didn't and I wouldn't have to if she just goes to the bathroom like a normal person." B"Katherine she's a baby, she need to be taken care of." K"and I have things I have to do and if she doesn't stop crying, im am going to slap her." B"katherine she's a baby she doesn't understand anything." I barge in her house to Haley. K"get out of my house bitch!" B"well someone needs to take care of your baby, because you are capable." K"ugh, whatever just take her, im have a guy coming and that does not need to be here when he does, but I'm taking her back when he's gone." I pick her up and start to walk out the door. B"why do you want her if you're just going to treat her like this?" K"because she belongs to me and I can do whatever I want with her, now get out." B"ok thank you, I have what I needed." I whispered the last part under my breath.

I get home and Jughead is at the door. J"where have you been I have been calling you all day." B"just getting a few things." I smile. Jughead looked confused. I bring Haley in. J"omg, how did you get her?" Jughead takes her. B"well she going to take her back later, but she says that she has a man coming over and she didn't want her in the way." J"omg she is evil, does she even remember the we have court today?" B"idk she didn't seem interested." J"well she better show up." B"yeah I got something on her too, I recorded our whole conversation." J"damn girl, your amazing." I played the recording for him. B"maybe we could use it in court?" J"yeah definitely." Liv comes out of her room. O"good morning mommy and daddy... Haley!" B"good morning bunny." J"good morning sleepy head." She just went to playing with Haley. B"i have to feed her, she looks like she hasn't eaten in days." J"yeah, I will change her." Jughead changes her while I get her food ready.

Narrator's POV
Jughead and Betty talk while she is feeding Haley. B"so I know you would want someone to come to your graduation, so you should take Liv, I will deal with everything here." J"ok at least I would be with one of my favorite girls." B"but please promise you will get to court on time, I wouldn't be able to do that without you." J"i promise, I will be there, I would not do that to Haley."

Later at court
Judge-"Jughead what makes you think that you are the better parent for Haley?" J"well I can provide everything for her, money for college, food on the table, Katherine neglects her and I hate that she would grow up in a home with people that don't care about her." Judge-"how would you prove that Katherine neglects her?" K"i do not neglect her, I love her." B"i have proof." Betty says as she stands up. Judge-"yes miss Cooper I would love to see the proof." Betty goes up to the Judge and plays the recording of Betty and Katherine talking. Judge-"is this true Katherine, you really said these things?" K"no she's lying." Judge-"how it's all recorded right here and your voice." K"well... I don't know if Jughead is the father." Judge-"should we do a DNA test?" J"i don't want to lie, I did do a DNA test and she is not mine but I just don't want Haley to grow up with Katherine, if only you knew what she does to her." Judge-"well the best we could do is half custody, since your not the father, that's the best we could do, we can't give you full custody, but Katherine if Jughead ever want to see Haley, he is allowed." K"ugh, fine, whatever."

After court
Katherine has Haley. Betty and Jughead get home. B"omg we did it!" J"we didn't get her Betty!" B"but we are allowed to see her whenever we want, so that a win." J"not to me, she still has to live with that monster! There is no win in that." B"Jughead look at me." He doesn't listen and puts his head down. Betty lifts his head up to look at her. They stare in each others eyes. B"i know I hate that too, but we have to look at the bright side, you're not her father but the judge said you could see her anytime you want. That is the win Jug, we will take care of her the best we can, and teach her great stuff together, that's great." Jughead kisses Betty. J"thank you, I love you so much." B"I love you." Betty kisses Jughead. B"oh did I tell you?" J"tell me what?" Jughead asked confused. B"veronica just told me yesterday that she is pregnant, around 5 months." J"its so weird that we haven't noticed." B"yeah I know, but she has been to busy to come around in a while so, maybe that's why." J"yeah, so when are we getting Liv?" B"i don't know, whenever she wants to come back home, I just need to relax, maybe watch a movie with my boyfriend." J"yeah you need to get some rest, let's watch a movie." Betty and Jughead cuddle on the couch and put on a movie. A couple hours later they get Liv.

1037 words