IX

A week have passed and we've finally arrived. It's hot, and my butt hurt. The carriage sure isn't a good experience. It was stuffy and uncomfortable. Ugh.

We were greeted by a guide who leaded us to a small place we could stay in. I got a room for myself, which is perfect. And a small bathroom for myself too! Too bad that it's smaller than the one I have in konoha. (I sound like a spoiled brat)

The first week we went out often to visit places and spend time together, the second week I could go out without the two of them. They did couple outings without me,so I took the opportunity to try and search for gaara and familiarize myself with the streets and give myself a good reputation. (And earn some money, cuz grandmas here are wealthier than the ones in konoha)

I stuff myself with food and save my bags filled with goodies for later. I walk around the streets aimlessly, letting my legs take the lead. and ughhhhhh it has been 3days that i'm searching for him like that! when will i get to see those big cheeks and pinch them?! 

-you monster! go away! did you really think that a monster like you could play with us?! 

-I-i'm s-sorry...

-you dare lay your eyes on me?! guys! let teach this monster a lesson!

-HELL YEAH!

those little shits... who do they think they are.

-My~ My~ ganging up against a frail little boy who's youger than you... I'm not sure who is the monster between these two parties...

-Who the hell are you?! do you even know who is this monster?

-well, i heard some rumors from the grandmas, but looking at him now make me want to beat you up so much that even your mothers won't be able to recognize you.

-YOU LITTLE SHIT! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! DO YOU THINK YOU CAN WIN AGAINST US?!

-duh!

after hearing my response they immediately charge at me. it was so easy that i'm not sure how to think of myself. well, even a baby could beat them up, they fight like street thugs and their fist don't even make a straight line.

-well... small dogs always bark more than what they bite..

I spare them a glance before heading towards the scared redhead.
-Hey, what's your name?
-Sa-sabaku Gaara..
-gaara.. what's a pretty name~ mine is Sakura, Sakura Haruno.
-uhm.. thank you Sakura for helping me out..
-don't worry about it! That what sisters do!
-sister?
-yes! From now on I'm your new big sister!Now let's go!

I take his hand and go to a place I discovered while sightseeing. And there is no trace of humans passing by, It's calm here, and the continuous wind makes it even more peaceful. We sit next to each other on a flat rock.
-do you like it?
-i-i guess..
-you don't have to be this nervous, I won't hurt you.
-t-thank you..
-why are you thanking me? It's the bare minimum between two people!
-...
-okay so... do you know why they treat you this way?

-no... I just know that I'm a m-monster
-you're not a monster

He flinches.
-what I'm seeing right now is a cute boy who is mistreated without reason by the villagers.

I pat his head and notice his teary eyes and my heart ache.
-you shouldn't have worries when you are so young, you can be selfish and act spoiled. You can complain... you mustn't bottle up your feelings or put them aside.. you can cry Gaara...

I reach out to him and make him fall on my chest, I hold him tight and try to take away some of his pain with this hug. He hesitantly hug me back and start silently crying. My heart ache again knowing that he had to cry without making a noise alone somewhere no one could find him..

After a few minutes I check on him and see that he's sleeping. But won't shukaku appear now that he's asleep.
-hey one-tail.

No response.
-that guy that created you, what was his name? Ah, Hagoromo Otsutuki.

I wait a few seconds and start again.
-"you would be together even when separated, and that one day you would again be a single entity." Said the Sage.

Gaara looks up to me (more like shukaku does) with some inhuman features.

-how do you know him?
-oh please don't talk with gaara's cute face, use telepathy cuz I ain't answering any of your questions if you continue on this way.

-you're annoying. Now tell me how do you know him.
-that's better. I just happen to know that haha.
-answer me!
-i'll answer you if you stop killing people with gaara's body.
-don't wanna!
-sheesh I knew you were childish but not that much! Why are you actin' like that when you are an old ass guy.
-me?! Childish?! Do you know who you're talking to?! I can literally kill you right now!
-but you won't be getting an answer.
-...

-anyways, I'm here to talk to you about your old man.
-what do you want.
-wasn't The Sage's ultimate wish 'to establish peace across the world'? Why would you kill people with gaara's body.
-you wouldn't understand.
-I know that as time passed you and your siblings were viewed as none other than brainless/mindless monsters worthy of fear, and being treated this way isn't the best. I won't dare say what you should have done but...
-...
-c'mon, you could have easily defeated some weak humans. Establishing an authority without killing anyone upon the wicked humans to make them know their place, and to not give them any reason to be locked up is one of the obvious solution I can think of.
-it's not that easy. And humans are something you can't predict. They can perfectly backstab you the next day they gave you a friendly smile.

-well, you're right about that. You can't find a more wicked creature despite it being weak. But it's not all humans, you can trust some.
-don't play with me, how can you distinguish who is trustworthy and who's not. I don't have time to learn to know some weak creatures such as humans.
-well, when there is a poisoned cookie within a whole box, you'll naturally be wary of all of them.
-...
-and i'm not telling you to trust humans, cuz I'm not the friendliest as I'm using your old man to make you talk to me.
-hmph!
-just stop killing people with gaara's body, and stop devouring his mind when he's asleep.
-you're asking way too much.
-don't you feel bored anyway?
-that's why I'm killing people.
-bitch, what's the fun in that? Befriend gaara, or be his teacher, your old man would be proud of you if he saw you from the heavens helping your host.
-what's the fun in wasting my time teaching dime kid.
-wasting time? Don't you mean killing time? I don't think you have much to do in here.
-...
-try it out, it'll make it less boring to take care of a kid. Now shut up and take off your ugly feature from gaara's angelic cute face.
-you're weird.
-you're weirder as you're talking to an innocent almost 5years old beauty.
-you're quite narcissistic for a 5years old.
-you can't blame me when I'm so beautiful.
-...
-one-tail?
-...
-this bi-

I look at the sleepy gaara, I don't want to wake him up. I fall on my back and make sure he's comfortable on me. I then, without letting my guard down, close my eyes.