XXVI

(The outfit Naruto's wearing is a gift from Sakura, she never liked the outfit he wore in the anime, so she changed it lol)

The kids are acting strange around me. It's seems like they've noticed something about me that I, myself, don't know about. I'm pretty sure I know myself well, but I don't know what are they whispering about.

One day, at least a week after I've thought that, while I was walking to school alone (surprisingly). A group of loud brats came to me, yelling. Even stranger, shikamaru was there! And he was frowning at me!

-hey hey, I can't understand a single thing you've all said, let talk one by one.

They seem to have come to a mutual agreement. Shikamaru was the one to talk.
-what's up?
-you're acting really strange Sakura.

I frown and unconsciously make it look like I'm angry. I immediately go back to how I usually am and apologize.
-i am sorry, I didn't mean to look like that.
-that is the problem! Why are you acting like that each time we call you?!
-oh.. so that's why.. I'm happy you're worried, but I, myself, don't know what's happening. So just give me time and I'll go back to normal.

They stay silent for a few seconds, Shikamaru talks first.
-we.. we want to help you...
-yes! We all love you and are worried for you! (Naruto)
-thank you so much kiddos, but I really am fine. Just give me some time and soon enough, I'll kill the problem.
-...
-now let's go to school, we might be late if we don't hurry.

They remain silent.

At school, I felt them giving me glances from time to time. And they seriously need training, the one they're watching shouldn't feel their eyes on them!

A week have passed and they kept on worrying. Now it my turn to worry about them, choji has lost at least 5 pounds (around a kilo) in just a week. And Shikamaru sleep even more in class, he probably stayed awake more than usual at night even though he likes sleeping so much.

Naruto is less energetic as he used to be, Sasuke is less emo and mysterious. Hinata dozed off one time in class! Kiba is petting Akamaru 0.08× less than usual and Ino is straightening her hair less in class! Like what just happened to them?! Is it because they are worrying about me?! Even so, they can't keep on being like that!

I swear, I need to get rid of my problem quick or else their condition will worsen! Now Inner, tell me what is happening to me?!

I don't know.

Seriously? *sigh*

I do have one theory though.

Don't underestimate yourself Inner, so what is it.

You might have some sort of identity crisis.

What's that.

The fact that you don't recognize yourself, that your brain not accepting the new name you've gotten and that you get painful headaches when you get called out, the fact that when you look in the mirror you don't even consider your reflection as yourself, that you don't recognize your voice anymore, that you hate how you've forgotten your past life which makes you feel troubled and that you just feel lost.

....

You'll probably ask, how to cure this then? Well, you can't cure this, that's for sure. But you can talk it out to someone you trust so it's lessen the burden it's imposing on you.

How should I even explain it without looking like a crazing mother fucker.

That is why I said, talk it out to someone you TRUST.

I trust a lot of people.

Not as much as you think, there is someone you especially trust more than others.

Who is it?

You have to understand it by yourself, even if I'm part of you, I'm still not your main consciousness.

...

Someone whom I trust... Mikoto-san? I trust her a lot. But I won't trust her not to take me for a crazy bitch. The kids? I trust them, but I don't want to worry them more than they already do.

I trust you Inner, you're not my main consciousness, so you're another person right?

Don't play with words jackass.

Ugh.. then Itachi? He's a worrywort I can't tell him about this. Maybe just a stranger that I'm sure I'll never meet again? No, we never know. So what about killing the stranger after telling them? Good idea.

Let's not kill.

It's not like we are a white paper sheet. We've done worse than killing in my childhood.

True, but let try not to kill from now on, at least not innocent people.

Then I'll just have to tell all that to a villain and kill him just after.

....You're exhausting.

I leave the house, and see Itachi at the gate.
-Itachi!
-Sak-

I hug him tight. He pats my head.
-how are you?
-really bad.

He pulls out and look at me straight in the eyes.
-why?! What happened? Who dared to mess with you?!
-haha! such a worrywort! Actually, the kids are worrying about me too much and are having unhealthy habits..!

I starts rambling about each of them and how unusual they act. He payed attention to every word I said while walking next to me and listened to me until the end.
-and that's why I'm not in the best mood..
-what about you? Are you okay?
-I... I can't say for sure...

The wind guided us to some forest. We were alone, holding hands.

He turns around to look at me properly.
-why aren't you feeling good?
-because..
-this is not the answer I was looking for.. (he said softly)

I don't know if I actually should tell him about this. I don't want him to leave me for being crazy..

Now what is this victim-like acting?! Aren't you the one to scold Naruto or any other kids when they have the slight bit of fear of being not good enough?!

.... You're right. I can't act like that when I'm supposed to be the most confident in the group.

You're not supposed to be that, you're not expected to be that, you only should because it's the best for someone as awesome as you.

....

Tears starts pouring heavily as it has been years since I last did. He hugs me tightly and softly pat my back.

After a few minutes, I calm down.
-are you feeling any better now... Sakura...?

'SAKURA'

I grab my head and drop to my knees. My small sobs turn into wailing cries.

Itachi as confused as worried takes me into his arms and wait for me to calm down. Which I don't do, I want to, but i don't stop crying, I can't stop screaming.

I'll have to put you in a coma, or else you won't be able to withstand this pain. And eventually, you'll die.

Do it. PLEASE.

I'm sorry...