𝚁𝙴𝚂𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙸𝙽𝚃

Chapter 7

"Rᴇsᴛʀᴀɪɴᴛ"

Cassie's POV

Cassie's POV

I cross my arms as Stiles and Dad walked out the office, Stiles fucking kidnapped Jackson. I mean I didn't care, but damn.

"Do I need to remind you how lucky we are that they're not pressing charges?" Dad growls at Stiles, as I walked closer to them. "Cas? Where have you been, I've been calling you?" Stiles asks.

"Uh...I was at home, sleeping, definitely nobody there. Just me, by myself." I awkwardly laugh, and they both stare at me. "Just by yourself?" Stiles crosses his arms; I hurry and changed the subject. "Can't believe you kidnapped him." I snort.

"It was a joke." Stiles says, and Dad glanced over to him. "A joke?"

"Yes, I didn't think it would be taken that seriously. Dad, humor's very subjective, okay? I mean, we're talking multiple levels of interpretation here." Stiles argues. "Uh-huh, okay, well, how exactly am I supposed to interpret the stolen prison transport van, huh?" Dad asks.

"We filled the tank!" Stiles tells him as Scott and His mother walks pass us. Stiles sighs before walking over to where Scott is. Dad looks at me, just staring. "What?"

He sighs. "Who was at the house? Or should I ask, what boy was doing with my daughter?" Dad crosses his arms. "What?! No, I-I-"

Dad gives me a look, then brushes the hair from my neck. "This tells me everything." He says, I quickly move back my hair over my neck. "Dad, it's...just a guy friend, we were messing around. " I sigh.

"It better be just a friend." Dad says.

I'm gonna kill you Isaac.

~

"It's everything Lydia can translate. And trust me, she was very confused." Allison says as she slides the tablet through the bookshelf to the other side. I grab it and start reading about it.

"Yeah, what'd you tell her?" Scott asks. "That we were part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures...?" Allison says. Stiles looks at her through the bookshelves.

"I am part of online gaming community that battles mythical creature." Stiles simply says, Allison glanced at him. "Oh...Great."

I sigh as I stare at the tablet confused. "Okay, does it say how to find out who's controlling him?" I asked. "Not really. But Stiles was right about the murders." Allison says.

Stiles raises his hand. "Yes!" He whisper-yells, that he was right. "It calls the Kanima a weapon of vengeance. There's a story in there about this South American priest who uses the Kanima to execute murderers in his village." Allison explains.

"All right, see? So maybe it's not all that bad." Stiles says. "Until the bond grew strong enough that it killed whoever he wanted it to." But Stiles had to say something weird again.