𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍

Chapter 21

"Tʜᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ"

Cassie's POV

"Something happened at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them." Ms. Blake hugs Derek as we hide behind a pillar. "From whom?" Derek acts clueless.

"Scott, Stiles, Cassie. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe, you have to trust me, okay? You trust me." Ms. Blake fakes it.

Stupid cunt!

Like who the fuck does she think she is?!

"What is it?" Derek asks, "promise you'll listen to me." She asks.

Derek sighs looking into her eyes. "I promise." He whispers before she leans in kisses him, but then pulls back. "They're already here, aren't they?" She asks in a shaky voice.

Then me, Stiles, and Scott come out from behind the pillar, Ms. Blake turned around looking at us. "So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" She asks.

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrects her, "oh, that's right--" She chuckles before continuing, "committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour, that way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense." She sarcastically spoke.

I glared at her, "where is our dad?" I asked, "how should I know--?" She asked before looking at Derek, "--Derek, tell me you don't believe this." Ms. Blake begs.

Derek glanced at us before looking back at Ms. Blake, "do you know what happened to Cassie's and Stiles' father?"

Ms. Blake puts on the stupid acting again, "no." She shakes her head, "ask her why she almost killed Lydia." Scott spoke.

She glares at us, "Lydia Martin? Don't know anything about that." She said, "what do you know?" Derek asks her.

"I know that these boys for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. And one that they can't prove, by the way." She said, but then Scott held up a jar.

"What if we can?" I asked, making her face drop, "my boss told me it's a poison a cure...which means you can use it...and it can be used against you." Scott said.

"Mistletoe?" Her face turns white, before Scott throws it at her, making the slashed-up face appear on her. She gasps as she glared at us.

She looks at Derek, before she tries to run, but Derek grabs her hand pulling her back. "Derek--wait, wait." She gasps as Derek held up by her neck. "You need me." She whimpers.

Derek glares at her, "what are you?" He growls, "the only person who can save your sister. Call Peter. Call him." She gasps, and he does as she asked.

"Mistletoe?" Derek whispers into the phone before he hangs up, still glaring at her as he squeezed her neck, making her gasp, "Derek..." I called.