{40} Twisted Neck.

"Randal is gone," T-Dog shouted as his legs moved him into a sprint towards the other. The bald man couldn't understand; the door wasn't unlocked, and there hadn't been any signs of distress around the entrance. Yet, Randal wasn't where he should've been. Panic overtook those who overheard T-Dog's frantic message.

"What?!" Daryl howled, narrowing his eyes once T-Dog made it to the blue truck. "What do you mean he is gone?! The hell could he have gone?!"

"He wasn't in the shed. He's not there," T-Dog breathed, doubling over to take in some air.

Willow shifts, looking towards the shed hidden by the tree line. If the boy did escape, he couldn't be too far. But the real question was, as everyone moved out into the open, where Shane had gone?

The group searched the surrounding area near the shed. T-Dog was right; not a damn thing indicated that Randal broke his way out. Inside the shed still sat the chains where Randal had been bounded, and the blanket with his blood on it remained.

"I don't get it," Jodie spoke. She slowly made her way down the ladder connected at the side of the shed. "How?! And how long has he been gone?!"

"The cuffs are still hooked," Rick explains while leaving from the inside of the rustic foundation. "He must have slipped 'em."

"Is that even possible?" Carol held Sophia close as she always did, darting her eyes between Hershel and Rick.

"It is if you have nothing to lose," Andrea answered, stomping out, studying the trees.

"The door was secured from the outside." Hershel pushed at the only entrance and exit of what used to be operated as storage for farming equipment. If anyone knew the in's and out's, Hershel did. Even then, the older man couldn't figure out how Randal could walk away without anyone noticing. Willow searched the ground, attempting to see tracks using the skills Daryl had taught her, but nothing. Autumn leaves covered most of the land, and she couldn't make out any lining of a footprint.

Then, while gripping her bow, Willow glanced at everyone. She was silently counting each head, including herself. Seventeen people searched the surrounding area. One is still missing. Willow knew if anyone would go crazy about this, it'd be Shane. Alas, he is nowhere to be found. With some suspicion at the tip of her forehead, Willow turned to face Daryl, who glared at the ground.

"Where's Shane?" Willow whispered lowly.

Daryl, slightly surprised he missed this detail, did just as Willow did. And with the same conclusion, Daryl rests his beady eyes on her. A silent exchange took them over. Shane and Randal are gone, Shane dislikes the idea of Randal being turned loose, and Shane can be irrational. It doesn't matter who is in the way; the man is always determined to get his way.

"RICK!" A sudden harsh outcry came from behind the tree line. Daryl raised his crossbow towards a stomping Shane. His nose had been broken, and blood dripped down his face and neck—covering the collar of his white t-shirt. A crazed look washed over Shane's face. Something had changed. A more bottomless rage, it seems.

Everyone turned their attention onto a beaten Walsh in shock.

"What happened?!" Lori shouts.

"He's armed! He's got my gun!" Shane shouts, limping forward.

"Are you okay?!" Carl called out from beside his mother. Worried for his mentor.

"I'm fine. The little bastard just snuck up on me. He clocked me in the face!"

Willow lowers her chin, examining Shane and his body language before speaking, "He really did that to you?" Shane stopped just shy in front of Rick, and his unhinged glare sat onto Hunter as if her questioning were offensive.