{27} Finding A Future Home.

"We think if we can talk with the Vatos we can relocate there for a bit once Carl is fully healed. We will still be close enough to search for Sophia and we will have more people to protect those who can't fight. There are others out there."

Willow and Daryl stood in front of Rick, Shane, Glenn, Jodie, Andrea, and T-Dog. The small group gathered by Otis' old truck as they have done before to discuss what is best for the group. Shane shook his head most of the speech, still boiling because walkers were still in the barn and nothing had been done about it. Shane also did not like the fact that they were still wanting to circle for a little girl who very well may be dead.

"Others?" Andrea questions.

Just opening her mouth causes Willow to glare at Andrea with distaste.

Daryl sees this and clears his throat, "Others who might try to hurt us. We ain' got much time. Best decide now."

Rick rubs his stubbled chin, rolling his tongue in the side of his mouth to give this all a good taste. The idea isn't exactly what he would want. This place is far safer and is Switzerland within Georgia. Rick could speak to Hershel, reason with him about the walkers in the barn, but who knows if that will go over smoothly. Finally, after a long silence, Rick nods his head. This results in Shane to snap his judgmental gaze onto his best friend.

"Okay. We can give it a shot," Rick agreed.

"You can't be serious?" Shane questions as if Rick had gone insane. How could he possibly concur with the redneck and his pet?

"It's better than Fort Benning," Willow speaks up, gripping the shaft of her bow.

Shane shakes his head before stalking off to gather anything for the trip. The others do the same without many words. Andrea opens her mouth to speak with Willow, however, she quickly shuts it once Willow walks past her with a look of irritation. As much as she disliked Willow's petty stillness, Andrea can't exactly blame Hunter.

Still, Andrea hoped out of anyone here, Willow would be the friend she needed. Not the enemy she never wanted.

***

Every man or woman who could carry themselves for this mission travels back towards Atlanta. The rest of the group stays behind. Daryl made the point that Lori and the others have the training on guns and if shit goes south, meeting back on the highway is the best solution. Rick didn't quite agree with this but knew Dale and Lori can keep everything together.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Jodie whispers from behind Willow. She sat on the floor between the passenger and driver side of Dale's RV. Her large eyes fall onto her older sister while her brows rise slowly. "We know nothing about these people."

"It's the best we've got," Willow says with confidence. Her own green eyes land towards Rick who held the large wheel with white knuckles. Clearly in thought. Willow questions if he too doubts this is the smartest idea they've had. The CDC was a bust and if anything, who knows if these people were well off by now. It's been weeks since meeting the Vatos. Anything can change with a blink of an eye in the terrible filthy world.

Jodie presses the palm of her hands against the itchy carpet of the RV. Her bat sat peacefully between the gap of her thighs as her heels press against the floorboard with care.

"Trust in her," Jodie thought to herself, biting her bottom lip. Before, Jodie disagreed with every move Willow made. For many ideas and spare of the moment moves got them into trouble. Well, most of the time these plans got them into risky circumstances. Jodie could never see reason. Now, all the younger Hunter wanted is to believe in Willow. Encourage the plans laid out before them. Understand the logic behind what Willow believed to be the best option.