{2} We Meet Again.

"Maggie scoffed. "Denial will not save you when Cupid's arrow find its mark."
"If i see Cupid anywhere in the vicinity, I'm ripping his chubby little arms off." Vanda yanked the door open to Romatech."

~ Kerrelyn Sparks

~♡~

"

it's you..."

The archers' voice is husky and dull - causing my skin to crawl. Something about it feels too familiar. Even his face gives me a hint of consideration of something or someone.

"Excuse me?" I replied, flicking my gaze towards two men who also concentrated their guns onto me and Jodie. One being a chubby bald black man and the other a more muscular white man with curly brunette hair and a slightly jagged nose.

The archer lowers his crossbow with an attitude, his face grew a beat red. "You don't remember me, huh? Bet I remember yer ass, Ms. Lawyer. Not only did ya ass bring down those geeks on us, but you got Merle locked up for five years!"

"Really, man?" Spoke the brunette. "We ain't got time for this bullshit with Merle Dixon."

Jodie stood in silence with her bat slightly raised. Her head moves in between this redneck and me, lost with the whole situation. I for one lower my hands, recalling the case with Merle Dixon. A few years back, Merle was my client for drug trafficking and domestic abuse; despite my disgust with his charges and past felonies, I took on as his lawyer. In the end, we lost. Merle swore up and down he'd get back at me for not doing my "job" correctly.

Add on to the anger and threats, Will Dixon, Merle's father, wasn't too happy either. Not that it mattered, Will was the town drunk and was mostly pushed aside. No one took Will serious but I remember a second son. Another Dixon who had caused a scene within a bar one night. Getting himself kicked out and myself slightly shaken by the experience.

This was that Dixon. The youngest brother of Merle Dixon. The same Dixon who threw a drunken fit at me nearly five years ago.

"Your brother deserved to be locked away. He sold crank to many people and he was abusing his girlfriend at the time. Your brother was a danger, no matter what I did he wasn't going to walk free."

The youngest Dixon grimaces at me in silence, his crossbow now low yet his stance still on the defense. The black man moves beside Dixon, his eyes on the doors where freaks bang on them with hunger and anger.

"As much as I would like to hear more about Merle's ass being locked up, we need to find a way out. Fast." The man says with urgency.

"He is right," Jodie nods, keeping her glare on Dixon. "We can save the drama for later."