{19} Cherokee Tales.

"You could have been killed!" Jodie scolds Willow as Hershel shone a flashlight into her left eye. His wrinkled fingers held Willow's upper and bottom lid wide open. Double checking if she is truly coherent. "Will, are you listening to me?!"

"Jodie, please.." Willow sighs once the light is removed. Turning her head ever so slightly to look up at her twenty three year old sister, who hovered like a worried mother. "I did everything I was supposed to do. You had Daryl watching me the entire time, so I was safe. Plus I got us a dog."

"Another mouth to feed, " Daryl spoke from beside Hershel. Biting his thumbnail.

Ignoring Daryl's comment, Willow press the back of her head against the headboard attached to the bed, "It was a coil trap. Clearly, it wasn't too much of a hassle. I'm still alive. Not dead yet."

"That's an understatement. You passed out twice, " Daryl mumbles, moving his hand to pick at the little hairs on his chin.

Willow glare up at Daryl with her mouth tight. She is thankful for his help, but did not need nor want him to add commentary.

"Hunter, you're not going out there alone. Not again, " Rick says with authority. "I know you're used to doing things alone -"

Jodie scoffs, causing Rick to pause. Remembering that Jodie and Willow were a package deal.

"- with the help of Jodie. But you're part of a group now. We all work together. Next time, accept Daryl's offer. Ask Shane or me even." Rick pats his chest. "Someone who can have your back just in case something like this happens again."

"You are very lucky that nothing serious was torn, " Hershel says to Willow's right. Pushing his medical equipment back into his medical bag. "Your ankle will heal, but try to keep off your foot."

Grinding her teeth against each other, Willow stares down her bandaged ankle and foot. The feeling of anger bubble deep within her soul. Rick of all people decided she wasn't worthy of doing things on her own. Thanks to one coil trap. She is used to Jodie and Daryl giving her a hard time, but not Rick.

On the upside, the painkillers Hershel forced Willow to swallow were kicking in faster then she expected.

Raising her harsh gloom away from her injured ankle, Willow took a glimpse at the three men and fuming sister.

"Is Legend okay?" She questions.

Rick rubs his thumb over his parched lips as his tired eyes looked nowhere in particular. He shifts slightly before moving towards the door, whilst answering her question;

"He's fine. Just worry about your leg."

Once Rick is gone, Hershel gives Willow a quick pat on the hand and he too leaves shortly after. Jodie and Daryl stood on each side of the bed, looking down at Willow and then at the other. Daryl makes a gesture, nodding his head at Jodie. As if it say; "Give us some privacy". Jodie unfolds her arms, raising one brow, but take the hint quietly. She leaves the room, taking Willow's quiver filled with arrows with her.

How can this be and why? Willow takes note as she listens to Jodie's footsteps drift away that her lungs felt tight. Why? Daryl carried her all the way back to the farm and she felt safe emotionally and physically. However, now she wanted nothing more but to run away. Those thin fingers grip the cold sheets underneath her, ignoring the throbbing pain coming from under the bandage of her thumb. The little energy she does have is spent keeping her eyes away from Dixon.

Taking in the beige painted walls, and a portrait of farmland. How crisp the pastures are. Beautiful.

"What is wrong with me?" Thought Willow, rubbing her eyes.