{16} Deadly Duo.

WARNING:

RACIAL SLURS AND ASS BACKWARDS THINKING DOWN BELOW!
PLEASE NOTE; I AM ACTUALLY HALF BLACK LIKE WILLOW AND JODIE, I DO NOT SUPPORT OR STAN ANY REAL RACIAL SLURS, DISCRIMINATION, OPPRESSION TOWARDS POC. I TOOK SOME HARSH WORDS OUT DURING THE EDITING PROCESS SO NO ONE won't BE TOO OFFENDED.

~♡~

The forest around him falls silent as his bright green eyes scanned the area before him. Pulling back on the bowstring attached to his curved bow, the mysterious man aims for something wrestling behind a long skinny tree. Breathing out, his fingers snap away from the string. The arrow with a sharp arrowhead slice the air, digging into a rabbit moments later.

"Hunter, " A man spoke from behind him.

William Hunter raised his head, searching over his shoulder to take in his partner. Strands of dark hair fall onto his middle-aged harden face. His mouth twitched into a frown, not liking the idea of being interrupted during hunting sessions.

"What?" Will Hunter stood from kneeling down on one knee. Lowering his curved bow, he walks towards tonight's dinner.

"The Governor wants us to look at that prison again. See we can find any wiggle room." Lucas spoke between chewing his gum.

Will shoves the dead rabbit into his pack, walking towards his running partner with a look of annoyance. Why couldn't someone else do this? Why him? Will just wanted to get his original task done and over with. That's what mattered to William the most.

Lucas eyes the veteran with raised brows as Will walks past him without a word. Bumping into his shoulder roughly without apologizing. Lucas, a young man with an impulsive attitude, follows behind Will with his rifle in hand.

Lucas surprisingly enjoyed William's company. He is jagged and rough around the edges but William is strong, calculated, and a damn hero to their leader.

"You said you had daughters?" Lucas questioned after a minute of silence whilst wandering down the path towards the overrun prison just over the hill.

"Yes?" Will Hunter kept his gaze forward, readjusting his heavy coat. His dog tags slap against his chest underneath his navy shirt. Strands of well groomed hair fall into his eyes as he steps over a deceased.

"What we're their names?" Lucas questions, tapping his finger against the side of his rifle.

One thing Will hated about his partner, the boy talked too much. Too many questions and for what? To make small talk and lift the awkward silence around them.

Will no longer lived in the past. His family is dead and Will wanted nothing more but to keep them dead. Not that he did much the last ten years of their lives. Will left his wife and daughters due to his own jealousy and paranoia. War left his mind broken, shattered into a million pieces. He no longer believed his wife was loyal. The youngest couldn't have been his, but she swore the little girl was. What a distasteful lie.

The last night Will saw his family, he nearly strangled his wife to death. No longer in love with her, but felt the hatred course through his veins. He left Willow a mess, face bruised as she held her mother, yelling for him to leave.

They called it PTSD; Will saw it as enlightenment.

"Willow and Jodie, " Will replies after a thought, coming to a pause.

Lucas also stopped moving forward, remembering the names of the daughters who no longer mattered.

"Unique names. You know, my dad was also in the military. After 9/11, he went back-" Lucas is cut off by an arrow suddenly piercing the middle of his abdomen.