{31} No Hope: Part Two.

"Have enough arrows for that thing?" Rick questioned Willow as she pushed her quiver from her shoulders. Realizing that is a reasonable question. She wasted a good amount of her arrow on walkers. She counts them, coming up with a short number. She shifts the strap attached to her quiver in her other free hand, squinting her eyes to keep the sun from completely blinding her.

"No, but I have my gun." Willow pats the holster strapped on the side of her belt.

"Good. We'll need the extra ammo just in case something happens."

Willow observed Rick load his Python. He had loaded and reloaded many guns before, yet his hand shook with every abrupt motion. Willow chooses not to pry. She opens the back door leading to the backseat of the truck. Placing her bow and Jodie's old college duffle bag onto the other of the wide seats.

"Did you tell Jodie you were leaving?" Rick questioned out of curiosity. The younger Hunter barely spoke a word to anyone. He worried about her mental state from what Willow had disclosed before finding the farm. Jodie had already lost her lover, the possibility of losing her sister is there as well.

 "Yes. She grunted and threw her bag at me for luggage." Willow replies before pulling from out of the truck. "Told me she'd keep watch with Beth until we return with Hershel. It might distract her."

"And Daryl?" Rick notices Willow's shoulders stiffen at his name. "I'm sure he'd like to know."

"Dixon doesn't want anything to do with me," Willow admits.

"Since when?" Rick tilts his head, teasing the fact that everyone can see the relationship between them. Willow ignores his amused stare, gazing over her shoulder to see Daryl leaning against the RV, glaring in their direction. Chewing on an apple he most likely had stolen from Hershel's supply.

"Doesn't seem that way," Rick shook his head and chuckled at Willow's challenging glare. With a soft sigh, Hunter rubs the sides of her jeans, wishing Rick would drop the whole subject between her and Daryl. No matter what he assumed, Willow couldn't fathom a future with that man.

 In a way to escape Grimes' jest, Willow pushed her eyes away from him and watched Glenn say his goodbyes to Maggie. The couple trots down the porch steps. Appearing to conversate seriously. Glenn's usual goofy expression is completely gone. Maggie kisses him with passion and he returns the favor.

"Look at them," Willow snorts with a soft smile.

"I am," Rick shook his head with second-hand embarrassment.

Glenn finally pulls himself away from Maggie and slumps into the truck. His expression held nothing but regret and distaste. "Are you ready?" Willow called out to Glenn, leaning against the passenger side open door. Glenn nods his head hesitantly and sustained his look of gloom.

The three volunteers climb into the truck soon after.

In minutes, the farm becomes distant and the fresh air seeps through the open windows swoosh across Willow's face. As her hair dances with glee, she gratefully observes the landscape flash by with a soft blur. Getting off of the farm the best decision for Willow and perhaps for the others as well.  A short time to catch a good breather.

Tilting her head to look out the front windshield, she sees buildings of a small town come to view over the rolling hills. The sun nearly touches the rooftops of each building.

"Maggie said she loves me," Glenn suddenly blurts out as the truck reaches the edge of the city.

Rick flicks his eyes away from the road and onto Glenn. With his brows furrowed, the leader simply nods his head. Giving his younger companion one more (slight) judgmental glance.