{32} Not Us.

Willow's thumb gently taps against the tip of the sharp head attached to her arrow. The sound of liquid slapping against a glass catches her attention. Rick hovers over the thinner, more attractive stranger. Pouring some whiskey into a clean glass sitting on the table next to this man.

"I'm Dave," Dave winks at Willow before pointing his pinky towards the overweight stranger. "That scrawny-looking douche bag there is Tony," Dave jokes with a sly smile.

The two exchange chuckles. Acting as if everyone sitting inside the stuffy room were friends.

"Eat me, Dave," Tony speaks from behind a chuckle.

"Hey, maybe someday I will," Dave turns to his glass, "We met on I-95 coming out of Philly. Damn shit-show that was."

"I'm Glenn. It's nice to meet some new people," Glenn chimed from beside Hunter.

Rick swiftly turns towards Glenn and Willow with a small smile on his face, too proud to see the anxious glances between Hershel and Will. He pours his two companions a small shot of whiskey. Instead of taking the glass, Willow allows it to stay on the bar top. Glaring towards Dave. Disliking the smug look the man continued to offer her.

"Rick Grimes," Rick greets whilst sitting himself down on the other side of Willow.

Dave moves his glance in between Glenn and Rick, giving them an understanding nod. Then, as Willow dreads, he spun around to smile happily at Willow.

"And you?" Dave questioned with one brow cocked.

"Hunter," She grunts. Gripping the thin shaft of the arrow dancing in her fingers.

"Hunter," Dave repeats slowly, enjoying the sound of her name rolling from his tongue. He grips the round of his chin, rubbing it with much thought. Glancing towards Hershel with raised brows. Conflicted by his eagerness to turn down the glass of alcohol: "How about you, pal? Have one?"

"I just quit," Hershel says roughly.

"You've got a unique sense of timing my friend," Dave joked.

"His name's Hershel. He lost people today, a lot of them," Rick informs Dave and Tony.

Dave lowers his gaze suddenly. That sly smile disappearing without any warning. His eyes wander in between Rick, Hershel, Glenn, and Willow; Attempting to picture the great loss they've witnessed within the hours before.

"I'm truly sorry to hear that, " Dave picks up his small glass and raised it towards the four with a false smile. "To better days and new friends. And our dead - may they be in a better place."

Dave, Glenn, and Tony threw back their heads and chugged down their shots. Willow on the other hand kept her suspicious eyes on Dave. She disliked his mere existence. Something about him feels unsettling. Not just his awful body odor but the tension the two held as soon as they walked inside of this small bar made the hairs on the back of Willow's neck stand.

Dave slams his empty glass onto the round table and shook his head as the warm liquid went down his throat. After recalculating himself, Dave notices Willow's untouched whisky. 

With curiosity, the man raises his chin. Confused. "Hunter? You gonna drink that?"

"Just decided that I quit too," Willow shrugged. Sliding her glass to Glenn who happily took the drink.

A chuckle leaves his chapped lips, amused by her cold shoulder. "You are killing me, green. Killing me."

As Dave reached out for another bottle that sat on the shelf next to him, his shirt began to rise. Revealing his sweaty stomach and a glimpse of a gun tucked midway down his pants.