{18} Just Some Drunk

Daryl sat on a log, taking a look at his crossbow to make sure the weapon is fully functioning. Licking the tip of his finger, Daryl wipes off a small smidge of walker blood from off of the body of the crossbow. It doesn't take long for Dixon to notice Jodie Hunter storming across the large sea of tall grass. He bites his bottom lip, knowing whatever is causing her to peer so furiously will lead him to do something he doesn't want.

"What?" Daryl grunts, digging the front of his crossbow into the ground. Resting his chin on the other end of his bow, Daryl looks up to watch Jodie settle herself in front of him.

"Follow her," Jodie demands, crossing her arms. "Follow Willow so she won't get herself into trouble."

Scoffing at the very idea, Daryl taps the side of his bow. "Why in the hell would I do that? She ain' my priority."

"Listen," Jodie says in a very stern tone. Her face stern and her gaze harsh. If Daryl knew better, that look could kill. "Cut the shit. I know you care about my sister and I know you think it is stupid for her to go out there alone. You would do anything for her if you both weren't so hard headed."

Daryl raises his head inches away from the end of his bow, squinting his eyes up at the younger Hunter. Never did he expect Jodie to be so pushy. Did everything Willow told her after the whole CDC. Maybe he was wrong about her.

"I don't know what yer talkin' about!" Daryl snaps, removing his crossbow from the ground, standing to his feet. "Why don't you take yer happy ass out there and follow her since yer so worried about the damn idiot."

Jodie breathes out harshly, shaking her head. She smacks her teeth, looking away as Daryl steps over the log to snatch up his bag.

Deep down, Jodie knew Daryl; The second born. No one saw neither of them because the large shadow of their older sibling hid them from the world. She understood how it must felt. She also knew that if something happened to Willow, Daryl will never forgive himself. That hurt will stay with h for the rest of his miserable life.

"Do you want another Merle on your hands? Huh?" Jodie spat.

"Keep my brothers name out ya mouth, Jodie."

"Then follow Willow and make sure she is safe," Jodie shouts, stomping her right foot. "Stop denying how you feel because you want to be tough. We don't care if you're tough or not. I don't care, neither does Willow. I just want my sister to be safe." Jodie paused, her voice slowly dies down. Her eyes pleading for Dixon to do this one thing. "And I know you want that too."

There's a silence. Daryl holds the strap of his bag enabling the underside to drag across the ground. He couldn't fully comprehend what Jodie truly implies. Care within The Dixon family spectrum had always been low. The most Daryl knew when it came to caring went as far as Merle and his mother who died such a long time ago.

Daryl thought about his true feelings towards Willow.

Since he could remember, Dixon always saw her attractive. Not in a sexual way, but her face - it is definitely nice to look at.

At times, before all of this, he would catch himself thinking of her every other day for five long years. However, Will and Merle Dixon pushed the mindless idea that Willow Hunter was and is a bitch of a woman. Unworthy of any compassion.

Daryl went along with it but kept his true attraction to himself.

Is that what Jodie spoke of? Care for another person? Can that be a reason as to why a small part of Daryl, back in that small town, was happy to see Willow alive?

"Ok.." Daryl says, blinking down at the ground in a daze. "Ok. Fine. I'll do it."

Jodie, wide eyed, smiles at Daryl. Before he could say another word, Jodie hurried in front of him, wrapping her arms around his midsection. Daryl stood awkwardly in her embrace. Not experienced in such a thing. Not used to a simple hug.