{41} Legacy of The Greene's.

Luna's notes:

This update was complicated to write because I was conflicted and tired, but I will come back to fix mistakes and add better descriptions once I wake up...happy reading, my friends.

xxxx

A foggy mist took the old back roads of Georgia, and a doomed sense overtook the morning dew. Jodie held a sobbing Sophia close as Otis' truck swayed. Every bump ached as the younger Hunter looked blankly at the bed of the truck. Leaning her back against the end of the truck's entrance, Jodie sat in silence with blood covering her sneakers. Aya leaned to the side, her hands covering her bloody face as her shield and sword wabbled the flooring. Legend is the only one holding his head high, enjoying the ride.

It all happened so fast. Jodie couldn't wrap her head around it. The farm is gone, and so are those within the group. Watching them die right in front of her felt like a nightmare, and she couldn't wake herself up. The group left behind everything. Pictures, supplies, and memories. When they thought they had found a place to call home, it was torn away.

They were torn from their hopeful futures.

Lifting her eyes, Jodie let out a shaky breath.

"We have to go back. Will —" Jodie paused, remembering her sister had split up with the group. She very well could be alive. "We have to go back; she might be there looking for us. S-she might be with Daryl, right?!"

Aya removed her hands from her face to stare into Jodie's brown eyes. As much as she wanted to shut down this notion, Aya admired Jodie's determination about her sister's life. But there is no turning back, and Jodie saw Aya's answer as the once Historian ducked her gaze.

Not having it, Jodie carefully handed over a traumatized Sophia, and Aya gracefully took their youngest passenger into her embrace. With some slips, Jodie crawled to the front of the truck bed and began to pound on the back window. She could see T-Dog, Beth, and Lori inside. With a grumble, T-Dog took the time to tear his gaze away from the road and slid the back window open.

"We gotta go back!"

"WHAT?!" T-Dog exclaimed, gripping the wheel. "HELL NO! We are not going back!"

"She's right!" Lori chimed, keeping Beth close. "We didn't see the others leave. They could be out there."

"We are not going back to that place!" T-Dog shook his head with determination. The plan, get the hell away from that large herd. Find somewhere safe and some supplies to keep them going. There isn't anything in this world that could make T-Dog turn this truck around. Not with a teenager and child with him. "Everyone is probably dead. No, not probably. They are dead."

Jodie slams the side of her fist against the back window, now angry at his insensitive comment.

"WE HAVE TO!" Jodie screeched into the cockpit, "We have to try at least! If not the farm, maybe the highway. That's MY sister!"

****

8 hours ago...

Willow stood close to Daryl while the others hurried out onto the porch. Far in the distance, dancing under the moonlight, walkers groaned. They were drawing closer and closer to Hershel's land. The smell of decaying flesh wiggled its way to the home despite the length of the leading herd's position.

"Oh, my God," Willow gasped in fear, taking in the numbers. Walkers, more than twenty, could be counted. Her head began to become dizzy from the validity.