Chapter 1

[EDITED]

"Guys! Why is that freak still here?"

"Didn't the principal say that he was suspended?"

"No, it was only for a day"

"Why are people so scared of him? Look at him! He's just a weak piece of shit!"

"Don't be too loud damn it! He can hear you."

What would you feel if you heard people say this in front of your face every single day? Sad? Angry? Depressed? Or maybe all of them.

Wooyoung has faced these things ever since he was in high school. It started with people accusing him of doing different school violations that he didn't even do in the first place but when he tried to explain himself in the guidance office or the principal's office, it always ended with him getting a suspension for days or even worse, getting an expulsion from school.

Transferring to a different school after being kicked out wasn't a big problem for him and his parents. They just had to pay the school a high amount and then without a problem, he is already enrolled. Sometimes, his parents will only need to bargain with some faculty members in school to keep their mouths shut to their son from being expelled.

It was wrong in many ways but who could deny getting money knowing that it just doesn't fall from the sky?

It sounds weird that his parents could just easily give off money that easily but for them, that amount of money was not a lot.

His parents were like money-printing machines. His father was a doctor while his mother was a lawyer. A good combination right?

When it comes to money, yes, because they earn it easily without any problems. For Wooyoung, it could be a bad combination. For years, he would be left alone with a caregiver watching over him while his parents would work their asses off from morning to midnight.

Of course, he was grateful for the things that he has but what can you do when you can't leave the house, you don't have any siblings, and you don't have anyone to talk to?

Talking to your caregiver was an option but for Wooyoung, it's not.

His caregiver was a greedy two-faced bitch. Acted all nice and innocent in front of his parents whenever they were around and once they finally left the house, she would snoop around and take anything valuable.

His parents never really noticed that some things went missing like jewelry, branded clothes, some high-quality cutlery, and many more. It sounds impossible that they didn't notice but it was the truth.

They didn't value most of the things that they had because they had money, most of the things that went missing were all replaceable.

It continued until he was old enough to handle his own, not needing the caregiver anymore.

It became lonely, he had the whole house to himself. The only time someone went there is when cleaning services do their job but after a few hours, they would leave like always.

At first, his parents wanted him to be homeschooled but Wooyoung being Wooyoung, didn't stop begging his parents to put him into a real school with other students. He didn't want to be alone once again, staring at the plain wall of their house, reading books that he already read before, or maybe even talking to himself, pretending that he was a different person and then a few moments another different person.

It didn't take long before his parents agreed to enroll him in a prestigious school.

His younger self was jumping for joy because, for the first time, he can finally experience what most kids his age enjoy.

Wooyoung couldn't help but laugh at his old self, if only his younger self knew what would happen in his future, he was sure that he wouldn't beg his parents to even enroll him in school and would just stay at home, alone, studying.

"I heard that he was expelled from his last school"

"We already know that, you're left behind with the news!"

He rolled his eyes because of what he heard. A lot of students get expelled and suspended. They kept acting like it was a big thing.

He wanted to go home and be able to message his only friend, Park Seonghwa but just like always, he had another shitty day. First, he was late for class and then he forgot his charger, and now, people were talking shit about him again just like always.

It hurt his feelings but he couldn't just break down in front of everyone knowing there were judging eyes around him.

He didn't even recall any memory of him doing bad things to his batchmates that can cause this. He was only minding his business. He only wanted friends, to be able to be sociable and to enjoy his student life. He was already in college but almost every school year he would experience this.

He was lucky because he had his hyung, Seonghwa. He was like a second mother, a brother that he always wanted to have, and a friend that he never expected to have. Seonghwa was like instant coffee, he was already 3 in 1, and he was everything that Wooyoung wanted.

The only downfall is that they study in different schools.

They couldn't hang out a lot because his hyung was in his last year of college, and he had a lot of things to do. He had a hectic schedule, tons of deadlines, thick books to read in advance, and a lot of debates that he needed to be prepared for but that isn't surprising. His friend was studying law plus he is one of the best students there.

Meanwhile, he was here, studying computer engineering. He enjoyed learning about it, his favorite was analyzing algorithms and data structures because he can work alone like always.

Students didn't want to get closer to him despite having high grades. He was confused, he didn't know why he was hated.