Chapter 19 (Backstory)

Happy 1k+ reads! 🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉
This is the last minute preparation for 1k reads.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

EDITED [23.03.31 || 11:12 PM]

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎
It was a sunny day and Wooyoung was sitting alone on a bench in front of the building of his school.

It was hot, yes but for Wooyoung it was fine. Waiting for his only friend, Park Seonghwa, who cared about him was worth it.

Seonghwa studied from another school. Unlike him who keeps transferring from one school to another every 4 to 6 months.

He was confused why his parents would let him study in the same school with the older but he wasn't the one paying the tuition so he didn't push the idea.

He saw students walking out the school premises, making sure that there was a distance from him and them.

He wasn't sure why, he didn't really do anything wrong but here he is, sitting alone, limited friends, and no social life.

People would make a quick glance at him and immediately walk in a fast phase.

He wanted to leave his spot already but the older said that he would come a little late because he had to take something from his house.

Wooyoung wanted to come with the older and they could get it with both of them present but the older rejected the idea, telling him that it was a surprise.

"Look who we have here." He heard someone near him.

He looked up and saw that it was a student that despised him so much.

"You still have to pay me back for stealing my things or else you're gonna get kicked out." The student said, there was still a distance between them, the student making sure that Wooyoung could reach him.

"I didn't take whatever your thing is, stop making up lies!" the student was in disbelief, because of Wooyoung's reply, not really agreeing to what he said.

"Yes you did, everyone saw it, you're the one who keeps lying!"

Wooyoung was about to say something but he saw a figure standing in front of him, their back on his view.

"You should leave my friend alone, he wouldn't do those kind actions. If you don't stop, I'll be forced to report you to the guidance counselor because of your behavior."

It took Wooyoung a few seconds to realize that it was his hyung that stood in front of him.

"Let's go Woo..." the younger saw the older glanced at him and quickly dragged him away from the student.

"You don't know what happened! You're not even a student at this school! Don't let him deceive you!" The both of them heard the student shout, weird looks given at them as they continued to walk away.

When they finally left the school grounds, Wooyoung noticed that the direction that they were heading to was a park that they always went to.

"Did that student do something to you Woo? Are you okay? I'm sorry I arrived a little late... You wouldn't need to encounter him if I arrived early..." Wooyoung noticed the guilt in the older's expression. It was a heartbreaking sight for the younger.

"No hyung! It's not your fault! It's fine his words doesn't affect me anyways!" Wooyoung responded, trying to convince Seonghwa that everything was alright.

The older looked unconvinced but what can he do if he had a stubborn friend like Wooyoung?

"Fine... But if he bothers you again I will personally drag him to the guidance counselor's office whether you like it or not okay?" The older said.

Wooyoung only nodded knowing that the older wouldn't forget about what he said. He was sure that if Seonghwa knew that the student bothered him nearly everyday, he would feel bad for the student because if Seonghwa hyung lost his temper, the student would wish that he never bothered Wooyoung in the first place.

After their short conversation, his hyung decided to drag him to a food stand

Seonghwa ordered their food and the vendor started to prepare it immediately.

"The amount is -"

It was too late when Wooyoung realized that the older already paid for their food.

"Hyung you didn't need to pay for mine! I'll pay you back later." Wooyoung suddenly spoke up.

In Wooyoung's mind, he kept thinking that older already helped him to get away from the student earlier and now Seonghwa was the one who purchased their food.

It just doesn't sit right with him.

"Its fine Woo. There is no need to pay me back." Seonghwa said as he took their food, thanking the vendor before they searched for a bench.

Thankfully they found one. The bench wasn't long but it was enough for two people.

They both ate in silence, quickly finishing their food before it turned cold.

The sound of the wind was loud because of their silence.

Wooyoung looked at Seonghwa and noticed something on his side.

"Hey hyung what's that?" The younger said looking at the item his hyung has.

Seonghwa looked at it and realized.

"Oh! This is what I had to get. This is for you!" Seonghwa said, taking the item and giving it to the younger.

Wooyoung was shocked because the older gave him flowers.

"What is this for hyung?" The younger asked. Seeing at least 7 to 8 pieces of flowers wrapped in craft paper.

It was a mixture of pink, red, and blue.

"It's not much but I wanted to give you the flowers that I planted for good luck and friendship." The older replied, unsure if his younger friend liked what he gave.

"This is really nice hyung! What makes it better is that it came from you. They're really beautiful! What kind of flowers are they?" Wooyoung asked. Making Seonghwa release his breath.

He was content because the younger liked it.

"They're called Zinnias"

"How about the one beside you hyung? What are they called?" Wooyoung asked, spotting another bouquet on his side.

"Oh, they're Camellias."

The younger looked at the older looking at him with suspicion.

"Why are you looking at me like that Woo?" The older asked, confused.

"Who are they for? Is it a certain someone?" Wooyoung asked jokingly, making the older's ears turn red.

"Yeah, It's for someone that I liked for a while now."
▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎