Chapter 31

EDITED (24.02.07)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In just a blink of an eye, it was already the weekend. Seonghwa was already on his way to their meeting place.

Yunho and Wooyoung were already there with a ride waiting for them.

'It looked like the two of them had slept over the day before...' Seonghwa blurted in his mind, hoping that he did not say it out loud for Mingi to hear- who was beside him as they made their way towards the meeting place.

"Hey hyung, do you think the both of them are already there?" Mingi asked, breaking the silence that was forming between them.

"Yeah I think they just arrived there a few minutes ago." Seonghwa replied, his attention going to his friend.

After the older replied, the conversation between the two of them continued until they finally arrived and were only a few meters away.

"Hyung, what did you decide to bring?" Mingi asked, looking at the older once again.

"Just clothes and some necessities. The lighter stuff we carry, the better." Seonghwa said, a few seconds before they finally stood in front of their ride.

Mingi was about to reply but someone called them from afar.

"The both of you are finally here! It took you both awhile" They heard from afar, turning their heads to look at the said person and saw that it was Yunho.

"Did we take too long Yuyu?" Seonghwa asked, feeling guilty.

"Not really hyung! It's fine we still had to go to the bathroom and stuff before we left." Yunho replied, assuring the older.

"Speaking about bathrooms, where is Wooyoung?" Mingi asked, looking around for the said male.

"He just had to fix himself a bit, he'll be with us in a minute." Yunho said, as they saw Wooyoung going towards their way.

What a coincidence, right?

When Wooyoung arrived, they placed their things at the trunk before stepping into their respective seats and then going off to their journey.

It was a long ride. It started with them seeing tall buildings and a lot of cars. However, as the time passed by, minutes turned to hours. The surroundings started to get more trees, mountains, and something that you wouldn't get in a city a lot, fresh air.

"It looks like we'll arrive at our destination in the afternoon. We would only enjoy our trip for a few hours." Wooyoung suddenly blurted out, making the three of his friends confused.

"Why do you mean that Woo?" Yunho asked, puzzlement plastered in his face.

"We need to go home before 10 pm right since there wouldn't be any cars past that time." Wooyoung replied, confusion starting to form on his face.

"Woo-" Yunho looked at him in disbelief, stopping mid sentence, looking at the younger male if he meant it.

"What's wrong Yuyu?" Wooyoung asked, making Yunho's suspicion true.

"It's an overnight trip Woo, didn't Yunho tell you?!" Seonghwa said, shocked at the younger.

"I think he did but I just forgot about it but I guess it's fine! I bought an extra shirt with me so it's no problem!" Wooyoung replied, making the three of them look at the said male.

After the short conversation, there was silence that started to form between the four of them.

They continued to look at their surroundings, seeing as the trees started to thicken and the cars began to lessen.

Who knew that they would think of going to a place like this right?

Their trip looked like it would be all fun and games in Seonghwa's mind. It would be impossible for it to go downhill right? The place was safe, there weren't a lot of cars, and wild animals are not that frequent in their chosen place based on what his friend said.

It took them at least two to three hours before their ride dropped them off. However their desired destination was not there yet because for some reason the maps that they were using said that they already arrived.

They dropped off the car, paying and thanking the driver before it drove away. They asked where they could find the place but a local told them that it was still 20 kilometers away and they had to take a cab with a driver that knows the place because it is said that the roads were dangerous and were prone to accidents.

It was tiring for the four of them since they were carrying a lot of their things— except for Wooyoung, while the sun was shining on top of them.

However, there wasn't any regret plastered in their faces. It was still an experience at some point right? A not so little bit of sunlight would not even kill them so it was alright.

Three minutes...

Five minutes...

Ten minutes...

They looked both ways of the street however there weren't any cabs passing by. If ever there was one, it was already occupied.

Thirteen minutes...

Fifteen minutes...

Nineteen minutes...

They saw a cab going their way, raising their hand, signaling for the cab to stop if ever it was vacant.

It was like luck finally decided to be on their side, the cab that just arrived was finally vacant.

They quickly went inside, getting comfortable to their respective seats knowing that it would be another long ride.

Yunho sat on the front seat beside the driver while the other seat sat behind Seonghwa in between Mingi and Wooyoung.

Unlike before, it only took them less than an hour before they arrived. They still had to walk for a few meters because they were going to a mountain and a cab wouldn't be appropriate to be used in climbing it.

When they arrived they quickly got their things and left the cab, looking around their surroundings.

The place looked ethereal. The air wasn't suffocating, the place was high up from the ground, and the place was filled with grass, flowers, and bushes.

The three of them were in awe however there was one who was feeling nervous.

"I never knew that this would be really high..." Seonghwa blurted out to himself quietly, not wanting to worry his friends.

"Yeah I didn't expect it too hyun— Are you okay? Is there something in your mind?" Seonghwa saw Wooyoung and looked at him concerned.

Did he say it out loud? Or was his face too obvious?