Chapter 11

I'm gonna be busy for a few days thats why I decided to do an update doing a detail of what Wooyoung would experience instead of just skipping it.

Once again, ⚠️ warning chapter may be triggering to some people

Im unsure what the triggers are but it looks like this chapter may contain dissociation, hallucinations, and maybe a panic attack ⚠️

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and I'll immediately correct it.

EDITED [23.03.31 || 10:06 PM]

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

He looked on his surroundings hoping to lessen the unexplainable things that he kept feeling.

However, it wasn't the best decision that he made.

When Wooyoung looked up, he felt everything was out of place.

The walls seemed to be more stretched out and the ceiling felt like it was much farther away from him than before.

His vision continues to go darker as he feels his heart beating faster, his ears picking up the sound of it thumping louder and louder as the time passes by.

He tried to touch the wall behind him but it only made it much worse. Wooyoung saw his hand, it looked different. It looked thin, really thin as if it could easily break if it was held too tight.

His fingers were also different. The fingers that he thought looked really chubby and short looked much longer than before, it looked like a sting bean that his hyung would cook for him sometimes whenever he was still around.

He wanted to leave the room, check if everything that he could see were the same. He wanted- no, he needed to see Yunho but he didn't want to disturb the older's sleep.

It was breaking his sanity bit by bit knowing that at this hour, he didn't have anyone to talk to- no one to turn to.

He tried to take deep breaths, just like how Seonghwa hyung taught him before. Just like before? Wooyoung himself didn't know if that was also a dream or a reality.

Whatever his hyung taught him was not even helping him at this moment. He thought that this odd feeling became immune to his way of calming himself because this mostly happened once per week, twice if he was really unlucky.

Wooyoung needed someone to pull him back to reality. Mostly, Seonghwa was the one that helped him with his problem. Whenever his feelings were becoming unbearable, Wooyoung would ring the older and tell him what's wrong.

Seonghwa wasn't someone that would shrug him away and tell him to fuck off. He would most likely rush to his home to keep him company despite the time.

But now, Wooyoung felt like he didn't have the rights to bug the older. Even if he was told that it was alright to ask the older, to his own mind, Wooyoung didn't want to burden Seonghwa. He had a life, his own friends, own responsibilities, and now, there is a possibility that he and Hongjoong are now dating.

Who was he to bug them or their time together?

Wooyoung tried to stand up and he was successful, however he felt as if he was a soul inside a shell. He felt really disconnected to his own body.

He went to the door and checked outside the room. It was dark, the only source of light was only from the living room.

He went to sit there, trying to calm his system. Wooyoung was sure that getting a glass of water was a bad idea.

He didn't know if his hand could hold it for a long time.

"Oh? You're awake?" He heard someone ask, it sounded like Yunho but he didn't want to turn around and feeling disappointment when he discovered that it was all in his head and Yunho was still asleep.

He thought that after a few seconds the presence would be gone but he was wrong. He felt footsteps behind him and after a few seconds he felt someone sit beside him.

"Hey Woo are you okay? You seem kinda out of yourself." Yunho was concerned at the younger. He didn't know what was wrong because he barely knew the male.

He was confused when Wooyoung held on to his arms, gripping it very tightly and then loosening it for a few seconds before tightening it once again.

Yunho was alarmed when the younger would start pinching himself and rubbing his eyes roughly. If the younger won't stop, he doesn't need to be a nurse or a doctor to know that it can cause damage.

"Y-you're real right? This isn't a dream- T-tell me, is it?! Or is it not?!?" Wooyoung couldn't help himself other than let out his frustration.

He was angry, not at Yunho but towards himself. He didn't know why he felt this way, he didn't know why it mostly occurred to him. He just wanted everything to stop, he wanted peace and quiet in his life, to live normally like most of his classmates.

Yunho didn't know what he needed to do, the younger still continued to be in a state of panic. His actions weren't that obvious but the look in his eyes shows the mixed emotions that he was feeling right at this moment.

The older needed to make Wooyoung take deep breaths. The younger looked like he was starting to gasp for air. His hair was sticking to his forehead because of the sweat that was forming.

"Woo I need you to breath in and bre-"

"I tried! Okay? I tried, but it didn't work!" Yunho was startled at the sudden snap from the younger.

"How about we try it again okay? Trust me, it works on the 2nd try okay?" Yunho replied, trying to keep his cool, he didn't want the younger to become much more stressed if he talked to him in a different tone.

Wooyoung seemed to listen to the older. He started to slowly take in deep breaths and release it into a big sigh after a few seconds.

"There, it's working isn't it?" Yunho said once again, the younger just nodded his head, still trying to regain his breathing.

It took a few minutes before he felt that the younger had calmed down.

Wooyoung looked exhausted but Yunho wasn't surprised because whatever Wooyoung went through looked really tiring physically and mostly mentally.

He stayed beside the younger, he didn't want to leave his side. He was making sure that he had someone to lean on if ever it decided to act up again.

Slowly but surely, Wooyoung started to drift off to sleep and Yunho was glad that the younger was finally fine.