Chapter 28

EDITED (24.02.07)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He and Wooyoung enjoyed acting like they were together for a day. Some gave them looks filled with disgust and hatred but they didn't mind it as long as they didn't do anything irrational to them. In addition to that, there was no point in calling out those certain people because they would only say words that could hurt.

But other than that, it was filled with good memories which made Seonghwa forget about his and Hongjoong's relationship.

It only became more chaotic when they decided to meet up with Yunho and Mingi once again. They ate once again before heading to a karaoke bar— Where they sang their hearts out until the owner of the place told them that it was closing time already.

12 A.M.

The time when Seonghwa was able to go back to his home. He messaged his friends that he was able to arrive at his house safe and complete. The three replied with a reaction to show the eldest that they saw his message.

They also did the same. Leaving a message made Seonghwa sigh in relief because they were able to come home safe too.

He got ready to bed and was already waiting for sleep to take over him. However a thought went to his brain. A certain someone that broke his heart— Kim Hongjoong.

He was too distracted with their hangout earlier to the point that he almost forgot to tell them about their sudden break up.

Seonghwa didn't want to cause any awkwardness between the four of them when Monday comes because he feels bad that the two of their younger friends would be forced to pick a side.

He opened his phone to talk to Hongjoong, even if the said male didn't want to have a conversation with him.

BLOCKED

Hongjoong decided to block his number.

Seonghwa didn't know why Hongjoong would do it out of nowhere. He could have just said that things were not working out between them and Seonghwa would immediately— not entirely, would accept that their relationship was not really meant to be and he would let Hongjoong go without any hesitation.

Seonghwa could only hope to turn back time and make events different but this was reality. They drifted apart without any closure or explanations. Just pure heartbreak and miscommunication.

Seonghwa continued to dwell on those thoughts until sleep finally kicked in.

The weekend went by so fast and in just a blink of an eye, it was already Monday.

Was Seonghwa nervous? Very. He didn't know what to tell his friends because if he only told his side of the story, it would make Hongjoong look like the bad person in their relationship. Not being able to communicate with the said male messed his mind throughout the weekend. He was thankful that he needed to review some of his notes, giving him a distraction from Hongjoong.

As Seonghwa walked down the hallway in the school, coming here early as he hoped that he could spot Hongjoong somewhere within the premises.

6 A.M. No Hongjoong

7 A.M. Still No Hongjoong

Seonghwa felt something odd because he knew that by this time, Hongjoong would be here already since their first class is at eight. The said male couldn't even hide from Seonghwa even if he wanted to because Seonghwa was keeping an eye on the main gate.

As the minutes passed by, Seonghwa was starting to feel hopeless. Hongjoong was nowhere to be found. Was he going to skip his classes?

"Hey hyung! why are you standing there all alone?" He heard a voice calling him a few steps away. He looked hoping that it was Hongjoong but sadly, it was only Yunho.

"Oh I'm waiting for someone. How about you? It feels odd seeing you without Woo beside you standing." Seonghwa replied, attempting to change the topic.

"Oh Woo said that he would be getting something from his locker. He will be here in a few minutes." Yunho said, making Seonghwa nod at the younger's response.

"By the way hyung... Where's Hongjoong hyung? He mostly arrives here early." Yunho suddenly said. The conversation that Seonghwa wanted to avoid for so long was now happening right in front of him.

"Oh... Well... I haven't seen him yet but I'm waiting for him he-"

"Hey guys, I heard some rumors that a student transferred to a different school in the middle of the school year." Wooyoung said, cutting Seonghwa off.

When he heard the rumor, he hoped that they were not talking about Hongjoong.

"That's odd Woo. Are you sure that it's not just rumors?" Yunho said, looking at Wooyoung.

"Yeah, the student that transferred had the same surname as Hongjoong hyung. I never knew that someone has the same last name as hyung." Wooyoung said, confirming that the said transferee was Hongjoong.

It just made some sense to him. Hongjoong wouldn't give him a message if he was not in a hurry.

"I think they're talking about Hongjoong..." Seonghwa blurted out, making the two of them look at the older.

"What do you mean hyung?" Yunho replied, confused.

"The student that left the school... I think it was Hongjoong." Seonghwa replied, making Wooyung and Yunho more confused.

"What are you talking about hyung? Hongjoong hyung wouldn't just do it without saying anything right?" Wooyoung said as Yunho was in shock about the sudden revelation.

'They didn't know anything...' Seonghwa said in his mind.

He didn't want the both of them to be in the dark. It was already bad that they discovered that Hongjoong could have left other people. That's why he decided to tell them his side of the story, hoping that they wouldn't think bad about Ho

When Seonghwa finished talking, both of them were left in shock. They also know that Hongjoong wasn't like that.

"So you're telling us hyung that he just sent you a letter that's telling you that your relationship with each other is over?!" Wooyoung said after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah but don't worry about it." Seonghwa said, trying to end the topic.

Yunho was able to notice the older's action and attempted to drift the topic away from their broken relationship.

"Hey hyung, how about we go to the cafeteria to get some coffee before heading to class?" Yunho said as Wooyoung and Seonghwa agreed.

They walked towards the cafeteria with Yunho and Wooyoung on both sides of Seonghwa as if they were his personal bodyguards, protecting him from any suspicious people.

On the other side of the story...

The boy finally woke up from his long slumber, completely clueless...

"W-what..."