Chapter 25

EDITED (24.02.07)

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎
"Hyung you finally arrived!" Seonghwa heard Yunho's voice from afar making him and Mingi walk faster.

"Yeah. I'm sorry, did we make you wait?" He asked them both.

Wooyoung shook his head while Yunho just simply replied with a no.

Seonghwa didn't know what to say to the both of them because he had been... Distant to them lately.

'Asking them what they have been up to lately wouldn't be a bad idea right?' He said to himself, not wanting to make the place awkward to the four of them, Mingi included.

"How ha-" Seonghwa stopped mid sentence when Mingi suddenly spoke up.

"You looked familiar... Have we met somewhere before? Or recently?"

The said male looked surprised but it was quickly wiped off his face replaced with a neutral expression as if he didn't want to show his inner thoughts through his facial expression.

"I... I'm not sure... Maybe you got the wrong person or we bumped into each other before." Yunho replied.

"You seemed nervous. Are you sure that we just bumped into each other somewhere or-" Just like what Mingi did to the eldest earlier, he was cut off mid sentence by Seonghwa.

"I think you just caught him off guard Min that's why he looked nervous. Let the poor boy think."

"Okay hyung- oh you're Wooyoung right?" Mingi replied but his attention quickly changed towards the said male.

"Yeah and you are?" Wooyoung replied, asking Mingi a question in return.

"Im Song Mingi, Seonghwa hyung's friend slash neighbor! You know, he kept telling a lot of things about you! But don't worry, it's only good ones." Mingi replied, making Seonghwa groan because he didn't expect to be exposed like that.

Wooyoung didn't have any time to reply because Mingi suddenly spoke up again.

"I'm sorry about earlier but what's your name? I'm Mingi!" He said, raising his hand for a handshake.

"Oh, I'm Yunho. Nice to meet you!" Yunho replied with the same energy as Mingi.

Seonghwa couldn't help but notice that the two were quite similar but at the same time different in their own way.

The four of them continued to talk, getting to know Mingi more.

It was awkward at first but after a few minutes Yunho and Wooyoung started to warm up to the said male.

"Where should we go?" Wooyoung asked, changing the topic after they talked about clothes for the past ten minutes.

"I think it would be better if we go get lunch. It's almost one and we haven't eaten anything- well maybe ate some light meals earlier." Seonghwa replied, not wanting them to skip their meals knowing that it could give bad effects to someone.

"Yeah, let's go! Is there any food you guys want to eat? We could go to a food court so we can have various food choices." Mingi suggested thinking that it would be unfair for some if they didn't get the chance to eat the food that they somehow liked.

The three of them agreed and started to go to the nearest food court that Mingi knew.

It was only a walking distance, that's why they were able to arrive quickly.

When they arrived, the place was colorful and filled with people. Finding a seat would be challenging but they hoped that it would be worth it.

"We should find a seat first before we order. Me and Woo could look at this side and both of you could check the other side." Yunho suggested, Mingi and Seonghwa nodded and proceeded to start their search.

Yunho and Wooyoung started to slowly, scanning the place for a vacant table.

"How's this day going?" Yunho asked out of nowhere, making Wooyoung think for a few seconds.

"It's fine, Mingi was fun to be with- but don't get me wrong! You're also fun to be with!" Wooyoung replied.

"Yeah I know, Mingi is also a fun person to be around with!"

They continued to chatter as they searched for vacant seats.

It was starting to get hopeless when they heard Mingi call them.

"Hey guys! Seonghwa hyung found a seat already!" They heard Mingi, the both of them nodded in happiness because they successfully got a table.

The both of them followed Mingi and saw Seonghwa was already sitting at their table, not standing up from the chair showing that the spot was already taken.

"You guys were lucky that you were able to find a seat big enough for us. It was starting to get hopeless because of the amount of people in here." Yunho said in relief.

"Yeah we were lucky that we spotted a spot" Seonghwa replied.

They chatted for a while before they planned how they would get their meals.

It didn't take them long because they agreed that two people would go first and order, leaving the other two behind and then once the first two came back, the other two would finally order theirs.

"Hey Yunho, wanna go together?" Mingi said, once they finished talking.

"Sure!" Yunho replied.

Mingi asked if Wooyoung and Seonghwa would want to order first but the eldest told them that they could go first, making sure that Wooyoung was okay with it first.

Yunho and Mingi nodded and left the table to order their meals, promising that they would take a long time.

Since Yunho and Mingi would order together, that leaves Wooyoung and Seonghwa.

It was silent between the two of them at first. However, Seonghwa started the conversation, distracting the both of them as they waited for the pair to come back.

They tried to catch up with each other, asking what they have been up to and remembering some past memories.

They reminisce about some quick embarrassing stories that they did years ago, remembering and regretting their actions before at some point.

As they continued to chatter, they would mostly talk only about good things. Avoiding any sad moments that they knew could ruin the mood.

Seonghwa also didn't want to tell about what happened between him and Hongjoong because he knows that there will be a right time for that and it was not today.