Chapter 23

EDITED (24.02.07)

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎
"He wouldn't just do it without any reason right?" Seonghwa asked, still in shock because of the sudden revelation.

"You know hyung, maybe he felt really bad that's why he accepted your confession– and hyung didn't you tell me earlier that he was the guy that you had been crushing on since high school?"

The statement was straight to the point and slapped him back to reality.

'Did Hongjoong feel guilty that's why he accepted it?'

Seonghwa was in disbelief. He couldn't really do anything.

Was he mad? A little but why should he even be mad?

Looking back at what happened, he knows that Hongjoong also did something wrong. It was better to reject the older in the first place instead of making him believe that their feelings were mutual and then leave him behind in the end.

Was he a fool? Maybe.

What could you do if you were like him? A fool in love. The more you try to avoid or deny it, the more you fall deeper. Just like a quicksand, once you step into it, getting out would be hard.

"But isn't it weird? I asked his parents but they said that they also received the same thing." Seonghwa said, making Mingi think.

"Maybe his parents were against it? Did you ask them?"

Mingi's response made him think. He didn't really ask much about Hongjoong's parents because there were times that it became an uncomfortable topic for him.

"Not really..." Seonghwa said disappointed.

"Maybe that was his reason– but I just can't assume it. Maybe one day, both of you could meet again and ask him that."

When Mingi noticed that it only made the older sadder, he decided to change the topic.

"You know, cheer up hyung! Just like they say, there are a lot of fishes in the sea. Don't let a single heartbreak ruin your path, your young and attractive hyung, you can still get people's hearts left and right!" Seonghwa couldn't help but laugh at his friend's goofiness.

"You're exaggerating again Mingi! You know that I don't have that effect on people." Seonghwa replied.

"You think lowly of yourself hyung! I do believe that there are people who like you just like that short friend of yours." Mingi said.

"Short friend? Oh, are you talking about Wooyoung?" Seonghwa asked, confused about what his friend said.

"Yeah! I think that's him. The one that always come here a few years back." Mingi replied.

"You're right but why did you suddenly bring him up Mingi?"

It really made the older think about the younger's reason. Wooyoung wasn't relevant to their conversation earlier but Mingi was somehow inserting him in.

"Didn't you notice hyung? I think Wooyoung has a thing for you!" Mingi replied, making Seonghwa become shocked.

'He's telling a lie right? That's impossible...'

The older couldn't believe it, he thinks that Mingi was only saying this to make him feel better or to just joke around.

"Are you sure Min? I don't think is a kind of person that would be interested in me and in addition to that, we have been close for a few years now and he doesn't really act like that." Seonghwa replied, denying what Mingi just said.

"Hyung I'm telling you this because it was noticeable if you put your mind into it!" Mingi said again, trying to prove his point.

"What's noticeable Mingi? I think your overlooking things." Seonghwa replied.

He knows that his friend could sometimes think of things in the wrong way. It's not that it was a bad thing, there are times that he may have misunderstood some situations.

"Just like how you look to Hongjoong, he sometimes looks at you as if he wanted to tell you something. I also noticed when you and Hongjoon got together, I haven't seen him go here a lot or heard you going to his house." Mingi said, pausing for a few seconds to take a deep breath.

"Hyung, does he have someone else now? Or did you leave him alone to be with Hongjoong? If I had a chance I think he is someone that is fun to be around with whether it is through friendship or something more." Mingi continued making Seonghwa rethink his decisions.

He knows that his friend, Mingi, is right at some point but Wooyoung is only a friend to him right?

"Not really, he mostly hangs out with Yunho." Seonghwa replied.

"Oh? Who's Yunho?"

"He is a friend of mine, I met him through Hongjoong and I introduced him to Wooyoung."

"Oh wow, hyung, it looks like you're gonna be replaced any moment now by this Yunho guy you're talking about."

Mingi's statement made Seonghwa think. Yunho and Wooyoung do hang out alot lately. But who was he to complain?

He was too blinded by love to realize that he forgot his friends that mean a lot to him.

It was a foolish move for him because look at him now, running back to his friends just because his so-called 'lover' decided to end their relationship without any proper closure.

Does he regret it? At some point yes.

"You know hyung, why don't you try to talk to them again. I feel like they missed being with you so much." Mingi said when he noticed that the older wasn't going to respond any minute now.

"Are you sure? Wouldn't it be weird for them?"

"Yeah hyung, I think they would welcome you with open arms and maybe fall for one of them." Mingi said jokingly, making Seonghwa flustered.

"Well... I do think that both of them are attractive and unique in their own ways – but don't get the wrong idea!" Seonghwa said, trying to defend himself.

"If that's what you want to believe hyung, I won't stop you."

The both of them continued to talk, changing the topics here and there to make the older forget his heart break

On the other side of the story, there were two people having a conversation.

"I finally did it..."