Chapter 20

EDITED [23.03.31 || 11:17 PM] Last edit for now

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

The ring of the bell made Yunho and Wooyoung cheer in their heads.

The last class that they had to attend was math, the subject that nearly every student disliked.

When their professor dismissed them, they made the students stand up from their seats, quickly rushing out of the classroom, joyful that their class was finally over.

"Gosh! The class is finally over! I don't think I could last a few more minutes there." Yunho said, stretching his limbs before collecting his things and then standing up as he waits for Wooyoung.

"Yeah our professor was too fast with solving the problems." Wooyoung said, a little worried.

"That's no problem Woo, we have the internet on our side to help us. There is also the illegal technique... Ehem... Mathwa-"

Wooyoung didn't let Yunho finish his words, cutting the older off by hitting him lightly on the shoulder.

"Oh shush Yuyu, if they discover that method I feel like they would be stricter than before." Wooyoung said with a huff.

"I think our professor already knows but he just doesn't care. It's a sign Woo! Our lives will be easier." Yunho said jokingly.

"You're such a bad influence Yuyu, I don't even know why we're friends. Maybe I should disown you now." Wooyoung said sarcastically.

Yunho released a dramatic gasp acting as if he was in disbelief because of the younger's words.

"You wouldn't do that. I know that you love me at some point! Right?" The older said, looking at Wooyoung as he waited for the younger's reply.

"You're right Yuyu, where could I find another you? You're basically irreplaceable!" Wooyoung said, already packing his things.

"I knew it! Disowning me wouldn't happen any time now but I think Hongjoong will if we continue to stand here. Let's go?" Yunho said, raising his hand as he waited for Wooyoung to hold on to it.

"Yeah lets go, I don't want to see you get scolded and maybe disowned." Wooyoung said, taking the older's hand.

Both of them started dashing in the hallways, making sure that they wouldn't bump on anyone passing by.

It took them a few minutes before they arrived. They saw Hongjoong waiting for them tapping his foot as if he was already impatient.

"Hey hyung! Did we make you wait so long?" Yunho said, hoping that the older wasn't fuming.

"Not really Yuyu, I only went here a few minutes ago." The older replied.

Wooyoung noticed that there was a certain someone missing. He was about to point it out when Yunho said it outloud first.

"Hyung, where is Seonghwa hyung?" Both males looked at Hongjoong when Yunho asked.

"Oh! He said that he will just join us later. He still needs to present his case but our presentation was by surname so he is one of the students that are gonna present last." The older explained, Wooyoung and Yunho couldn't do anything other than wait for their hyung.

"He told me that we should just go ahead first and he will follow later. I also wanted to use this time to spend more time with you Yuyu, you to Wooyoung, I don't really know much about you." Hongjoong also added, holding both of their hands and then started to walk with Yunho and Wooyoung following him.

Wooyoung didn't feel comfortable when he was dragged by the older since he barely knew him. However there was a tiny bit of trust, believing his instincts that Hongjoong was somehow a nice person.

The older wouldn't do anything bad right? Seonghwa and Yunho trusted him, so why not do the same?

When they arrived Wooyoung saw that it was a coffee shop. It wasn't big but it looked comfortable.

"Hey Yuyu, is your order the same or do you want to try something new?" Hongjoong asked, looking at the said male.

"I'll just go with the same one, you still remember it right? I'll find us some seats." Yunho replied.

"Yeah I know it by heart Yuyu. Wooyoung joined me on the counter so you can pick whatever you want to eat." Hongjoong said before they parted ways with Yunho finding some seats while the two of them went to order.

There was a short line, giving Wooyoung some time to scan the menu.

There weren't a lot of items in there. It was mostly coffee. There were also some pastries that looked appetizing.

When they arrived at the front of the line, Hongjoong told the orders, looking at Wooyoung to tell him.

Wooyoung decided to get a medium sized coffee and a pastry. He was about to get his own money to pay for his but Hongjoong handed his first.

"Hyung! You didn't need to pay for mine!" He said, shocked because they weren't really close.

Hongjoong and Seonghwa we're quite similar. Was that the reason why...

"It's fine Woo- I mean Wooyoung." Hongjoong responded.

The younger was about to respond but just like most of the time, he was already dragged towards the table where Yunho was already sitting.

It was a square table, enough to fit four people. It was also near the window that is why they could see the people passing by.

When they sat down, they waited for their orders. Their bags were placed on the table since their orders didn't even arrive yet.

Wooyoung looked at the older's bag and noticed that there was an outline looking like it was flowers.

How did he know? His hyung used to give him some from his garden and he would put it in his bag most of the time.

It wasn't his business to ask right? But his curiosity got the best of him.

"Hey Hongjoong... Hyung... I didn't want to sound nosy but are those flowers?" He asked.

Hongjoong looked at them and nodded, opening his bag and taking them out.

They looked familiar.

'What were they again? Cale? Came? Cani- Camellias? That's it! Camellias!' He said in his head.

He was still thinking when Hongjoong spoke, shocking Wooyoung.

"They're from Hwa, he started giving me these flowers again just like before because he was starting to go back to gardening lately. Aren't they beautiful?"
▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎