Chapter 4

[EDITED]

It was already the next day. Meeting Seonghwa's friends was somehow a bad decision because most of the time, Seonghwa's attention would be directed at Hongjoong.

They nearly forgot about their other friends. It felt like Wooyoung and Yunho were third and fourth wheeling but somehow both of them found company with each other. It was not the best but it was enough.

Their so-called 'hangout' ended when Hongjoong suddenly got a call from someone before he said that he needed to go. When the three of them talked to each other, they decided to call it a day and went their own ways. Though one of Wooyoung's biggest regrets is not asking for Yunho's number. Yes, he was still suspicious but he was still a good company to be with.

Hours went by fast on Sunday and when he woke up, it was already Tuesday.

Everything that happened yesterday was a blur. However, he knows that it will always be the same. His peers would think that he did something bad even if he didn't really do it, he would attend his lectures with professors glaring at him with daggers, doing his homework on the rooftop during breaks, and going home immediately once his classes were over.

For most people they would find it a boring life but for Wooyoung, it was fine. He didn't really need too many friends because he already had his hyung. He was already enough.

"Jung Wooyoung! Didn't I tell you that I don't want to see your face in my lectures or else I will tell the head to expell you for your actions!" He heard his professor say. Wooyoung was confused, he didn't know why his professor was furious at him. He didn't know why he was being kicked out.

"B-but what is the reason? I will stay here until you tell me a valid answer, if there is then I shall leave." Wooyoung said, he knows that it is very odd that this was happening without any reason.

"He's so shameless"

"Just kick him out of school already!"

"We don't want to see him anymore"

"Guys are you sure? Maybe he was just having a bad day yesterday. Right?"

"Shut up... you don't know the whole story."

He kept hearing whispers from his peers. It happened once again, just like before. He didn't know why the world hated him. He never did anything, he was innocent. He was close to breaking down in front of everyone but he sucked up his tears because it will only make him look pathetic.

"You know Mr.Jung... You were one of my best students in this class. However, with that attitude of yours will take you nowhere." His professor said, trying to keep his cool.

He didn't want to leave the room. He still wanted an explanation but the speaker suddenly announced that he was being called at the principal's office.

They didn't call him to go to the guidance office just like his past schools. He was going straight to the principal's office. He was doomed for sure. His parents will need to find him another school.

Without any more hesitation, he collected his things and then dashed out of the classroom. Looking at his professor one last time before he continued his journey to the principal's office.

Just like before, his principal was pissed. He couldn't do anything other than to stay silent throughout the rage because if he spoke up, things would only take longer. He already knows the outcome, he is sure that he is getting kicked out.

His school records are crying out to him. Multiple expulsion is written and tons of broken rules that he didn't even do in the first place. His parents couldn't come but the office informed them about everything.

After that he was sent home, he got his things from his locker and returned the key to the office.

He still had time before his raging parents would come home. Seonghwa was still at school, being a good student like he always did.

He went to his room then changed into some comfortable clothes and immediately drifted off to sleep.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"Yeah he is really a big problem lately."

"..."

"That would be a good idea. They may not be in the same building but he could still watch over him whenever they don't have classes."

"..."

"Is it fine for him? We don't want him becoming influenced... He's a good student and we don't want him becoming like-"

"..."

"Okay okay, we'll trust you on that one."

"..."

"Maybe next week when he gets accepted."

"..."

"Sometimes but I hope that this will be the last one. Otherwise we will have no choice but to send him to a boarding school."

"..."

"Yeah I'll talk to him later. Thanks again."

He heard that the call ended. Whoever called his mother, he was hoping that it was good news because he heard them talking about him. Even if he wanted to avoid this conversation, he knows that tomorrow or later, he will need to confront it.

Without wasting any more time, he went down the stairs. Wooyoung pretended that he didn't hear anything from the conversation earlier.

"You're home finally, mother."

His mother looked at him, she looked stressed, he couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt hit his chest.

"Yes, I heard what happened at school. I don't need any more of your explanation. You're going to start school next week once you get accepted."

There was a long pause from his mother, trying to breath in for a quick second before continuing.

"If you get kicked out one more time. We will be sending you to a boarding school whether you like it or not."

He didn't reply because he knew that it was the end of their conversation. His mother turned around and left when Wooyoung responded with a nod.

"And one more thing..."

She stopped in her tracks, remembering something that she was supposed to say.

"I'm sure that you will cause more problems once you transfer to another school..."

"That's why I'm trusting Seonghwa that you wouldn't be troublesome when he's with you."