Book 2 Chapter 5

They get back to Republic city and meet Lin on the dock. "Welcome home Avatar, thanks for starting a war. " Lin says. "I didn't start a war. Well I did but it's more complicated then you're making it seem." Korra says to Lin . "Mako, I want you back on the beat. It's going to be a southern water tribe peace march tonight. I need you there to make sure things don't get out of hand." Lin tells mako. "I'm all yours. "Mako says. "I'll go too. The people of the South need to see that the Avatar is on their side in the fight against the northern invaders." Korra says. "Great. That should calm them down." Lin says and walks away. "Maybe you should sit this down," Mako says to Korra. "What?" Korra says. "I just think having you there lightly support one side will only make things worse. You could at least try to seem neutral." Mako says. "I think Mako might have a point," Y/N says. " Neutral northerners invaded my home. The only reason I'm here is to get the republic to send troops to help the South." Korra says. "Zuh Li Already scheduled a meeting for us with President Riako tomorrow. We'll get him on board." Varrick tells Korra. "Whatever, I gotta go to work." Mako says before leaving. "I better go check on my factory." Asami says leaving. "I'm going to find out about this peaceful March. You coming Y/N " Korra says. "Of course." Y/N says and they leave.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Unalaq has a meeting with one of his commanders about their plans and his commander leaves. "You sure you don't want to prepare Unalaq" the cloth-covered man says. "I'm sure, what power or support does my brother Tanraq have, Marcus" Unalaq says. "He has the Avatar on his side. Do you really think she won't have anyways to help him succeed in defeating you." Marcus says.

"Don't you dare . Tell me what to do. I am the chief ." Unalaq raises his voice. "Sorry sir, I'll be on my way . Seeing you have visitors." Marcus says and opens the door showing Eska and Desna . He leaves. "I see you soon, Y/N " he says to himself with a smile as he walks down the hall.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Later at night Korra led a group of southerners In a peaceful protest against chief Unalaq, But the Southerners came out in droves in support of their leader. Y/N was in March with the southerners , then suddenly a big explosion from the building. Y/N and Korra draw water at the build to light it out. Mako goes to where the girls are at. "The northern water tribe is out of control. " Korra says . "I saw a fire bender running away from the blast. The north might not be responsible for this. "Mako says. "Of course they're responsible. Who else could it be?" Korra says. "Hold on Mako could be right . He himself saw who did it. Not all criminals are involved with our situation too . So it is a possibility that it is not involved with northerners." Y/N says. "Whoa side are you on." Korra says, narrowing her brows. "Mine side who else. Korra stops with this 'Whose side are you on' only little kids say that not the Avatar." Y/N says . The firefighters arrive to take out the fire.

The next day Korra goes to meet the president with Varrick . She informs him about the situation with southern and northern tribes with Unalaq action, but the president refuses her request. After she goes to see Mako at his home with Y/N. "He doesn't even care. " Korra says, pacing side to side. "I'm sure he cares but he can't just tell his people to go fight a battle at the South Pole that has nothing to do with them." Mako says . "How could you take his side?" Korra says, staring at Mako . "What's with you with sides? Why do you always think I'm working against you? You see this Y/N '' mako says look to his side at Y/N . Y/N is sitting next to Mako eating some chips. She looks at him and back to eating the chips. "Well you're not helping me. I'm trying to get troops to the south. What are you doing? '' Korra says to Mako. "I'm doing my job." Mako says and Korra lets out a laugh. "Well, excuse me ,officer. Don't let me stand in the way of you writing tickets. I'm just trying to save the world." Korra shouted out. "Well you wouldn't have to if you didn't keep messing it up." Mako is irritated . "I don't talk to you when you're like this. " Korra says, leaving .