Book 3 chapter 2

Y/N and Korra arrive back at the air temple island to get ready for their new adventure. " I'm so excited to see the lands outside of Republic city." Korra says as she goes through her things. "Yeah . Me too" Y/N says wondering if now is a good time to tell Korra. Korra looks back to Y/N seeing her worried expression, feeling that Y/N lately has been acting strange. "Y/N , I was wondering if everything was alright with you" Korra says as she walks closer to Y/N , whose expression changes with sadness. "No, I want to tell you something but I'm scared you will hate." Y/N says bluntly and Korra wonders what Y/N has done for her to think she will hate her.

Y/N takes a deep breath, she wants to tell Korra but part of her hopes that Korra doesn't get mad at her knowing how people would normally see this situation is messed up. " Korra, I like Mako" Y/N says bluntly, looking at Korra straight in the eyes. It goes silent for a second. Korra was shocked for a second, part of her still had a bit of feeling for Mako, but she knows that her and Mako can't be no more. Y/N was always someone if she said not to do something, Y/N will agree. She loves them both and feels that maybe Y/N and Mako are probably good for each other.

Y/N waits for Korra's response but the longer the silence the more her heart races with fear and Korra sits on her bed as she looks at Y/N . "Y/N... I will never hate you. I understand that you have feelings for Mako. I did when he was with Asami. So what the plan Y/N. Are you going to tell Mako " Korra says as she gets up and places her hand on her shoulder. "Korra I already did tell Mako and he feels the same way. More like I accidentally told him I loved him " Y/N says and Korra's face changes to shock . " w..wait what?" Korra says and Y/N tells her the whole story in detail.

"So that's all that happened " Y/N says. Korra looks at Y/N and think damn that it was like chapter in a romance novel that Jinora told her about once. "How you feel about all this Korra " Y/N says and Korra laugh at how Y/N always worries about other feelings. "I'm great, how do you feel Y/N " Korra says to Y/N, whose expression changes to confusion. " u..um... to be honest confused. I never dated or been with anyone. So this whole thing is really new to me . I don't want to miss up and lose Mako or make the wrong choice." Y/N says with worry in her tone, but she quickly turns to Korra. "Sorry, this whole Mako thing might be weird for you" Y/N says and Korra laughs.

"No, it's fine. You don't need to worry, I was new to it too. You just need to be yourself and hope that you guys are a good fit for each other." Korra says. "You're right, thanks Korra. Hope our friendship stays the same." Y/N says. "Are you kidding, our friendship will always be the same or grow more with time, no matter what. Let's hurry and get packing. Asami is coming soon for us." Korra says and they both hug each other.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

The next day everyone was waiting for Asami outside and she arrived. "Did someone order a fully equipped future industry airship?" Asami says as she walks to the group from her airship. "It's perfect. Thanks Asami." Korra says. "I figured if we're going to Ba Sing Se to search for Airbenders, We should do it in style," Asami says. The airbender kids came and ran in the airship with excitement. Y/N look at kya getting baby puked and laughs. Y/N looks back to see Mako has arrived and is talking to Korra.

"I'm so glad you are here" Korra says to mako. "Of course, Korra. Avatar... Avatar Korra. Once I receive your message, I proceed to contact various locations within the earth kingdom as ordered by you, the Avatar." Mako says trying to act serious but fails. "The avatar, right. The Avatar thanks you for your loyal services. I know about you and Y/N, Mako " Korra says making Mako's face turn red. "I.. um.. so Y/N has told you already " Mako says feeling awkward. "Yeah, she's my best friend. She tells me everything, even though it might take her time to tell me. So don't worry, I'm okay with it." Korra says with a smile. "Okay, thanks for understanding Kor... I mean Avatar Korra '' Mako says, trying to act serious.