Book 2 Chapter 6

The twins go to meet their true father where the Spirit portal is located. "Where is he?" Eska asks. "Father said he would meet us at this location.He'll be here" Desna says. The twin turn to see their father get out of the spirit with Marcus. " Were you just in the spirit world?" Desna asks. "Never mind that. where is the Avatar?" Unalaq asked his children. "She was within our grasp until a dark spirit attacked her." Eska says. "They're out of control," Desna adds. "You didn't get her." Unalaq says. "The avatar is dead," Eska says. "Was anyone with her?" Marcus asks the twin. "No, the Avatar was alone in the boat." Desna says.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Y/n with bolin at his film primer on the balcony with ginger and Varrick. The people in the crowd loved the film. "Bolin, look up there. What do you see?" Varrick says to bolin. "I.... Is this a trick question?" Bolin says. "I'll tell you what I see.... A star being born. You're a star . People love stars. Stars tell them what to think and how to act. Bolin, have you ever tried to force a monkey-marmot to ride a bicycle?" Varrick says. "Uh.. not that I can recall." Bolin says. "Of course you haven't. You Can't force monkey-marmot to do anything.They got to want to do it themselves." Varrick says. "Right ." Bolin says and Varrick wraps his arm around Bolin's shoulders. "With these movers, We'll have the support of the people. Before long, they persuade the president to lend their troops to the war efforts." Varrick says and Y/N how smart that plan is but something makes her wonder why Varrick helped them so much. if what they are doing can only make business for him even worse . Something is up.

The film is over and Y/N hears Varrick's conversations with Zuh Li. "Wait, your ship was attacked taking Asami's cargo" Y/N asks. "Yes, I'm going to see what's up." Varrick says. "I'm going with Varrick." Y/N say getting up from her seat. "Fine. More company the better." Varrick and they head to the police station .

On arriving they see Asami and Mako together. "Asami, I heard the news. Can't believe they took my fifth favorite ship in the Varrick industries fleet! Named her after my mom. Rest In Peace, Rocky bottom." Varrick says. "Without the money from that shipment, the future industry is almost broke." Asami says in a sad tone. "Don't worry, know you Asami. You will find a way ." Y/N say give Asami a calming smile . "Thank you , Y/N." Asami says, lifting a bit of her spirit.

Suddenly Mako enters the Irrigation room. "Chief, I think there's a link between these attacks and the attack at the culture center." Mako says walking in with something on his hand. "What do you think you're doing?" Lin says to Mako. "Solving this case. Any other people who attacked you have one of these in their hand. I think it's a remote detonator." Mako says place the remote on the table for the person to see. "It was too dark to see anything." The man says. "Mako!" Lin says. "Chief, I don't think the people who attacked are the northern water tribe." Mako says to Lin. "Of course they were a northern water tribe. They were water bending. "One of the officers in the room said. "What is this one of the guys who attacked?" Mako says showing a picture of a man. "No, I don't recognize him." The man says. "Oh , that's embarrassing. Nice try, rookie" the two officers say. "Mako, leave. Now." Lin says.

Varrick, Asami and Y/N enter the interrogation room. "Great work, everyone. Another open and shut case for the same Namic mustachioed duo." Varrick says. "Wait, I think Mako might be onto something." Asami says. "I agree, Chief," Y/N says. "Chief, I know it's a long shot, But I have an idea how we can't catch these guys." Mako says. "Yeah, let's all listen to the rookie." One of the officers says. "He's doing a better job than you." Asami is irritated. "Yeah you two with smudged faces , all I'm seeing you two do is say no to everything and assume the situation without evidence." Y/N say irritated of the two officers. "Who's hungry?" Varrick say's . "Enough!" Lin shouts. "I don't want to hear your lame brain rookie ideas. You're a beat cop, not a detective. Now hit the streets and do your job!" Lin shouts and the two officers laugh. The group leaves. "Really Lin , I thought you were smart , but it seems you're as broken as the system." Y/N say before leaving.