Chapter 31: Odd Family Life

A/N image above is the layout of the tower. At least my version of it.

~third pov~

It was morning in Amegakure, and Gaara and Kankuro got to wake up to the usual sounds of the residents in Pein's Tower. "ZETSU, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO MY SACRIFICE?!" They both jumped awake at the shouts and crashes coming from down the hall. Gaara grabbed his gourd while Kankuro grabbed his puppet scrolls, and they both exited their rooms at the same time before running to the living room. They found the couch flipped over, the coffee table broken, and blood in the middle of the room. A man with slicked back white hair with no shirt on was fighting a creature that seemed to be half-fly trap, half-man, the creature having blood on his hands and lower face. "We thought she was an intruder, so we ate her! If it makes you feel any better, she didn't taste that good." The creature said, which just made the shirtless man more angry. "I was gonna fuck her before sacrificing her to Jashin-sama, you asshole! How many fucking times do we have to tell you to ask before going around and eating the people we bring in here?!" The shirtless man yelled while swinging his three-bladed scythe at the creature.

"Hey." A voice called out from behind Gaara and Kankuro, making them jump and spin around, their sand and puppets floating and ready to defend them. They paused, however, when they saw it was just Nariko, who still looked exhausted and was also annoyed at the scuffle in the room. Behind her and holding onto the back of her right leg was a toddler who looked no older than two, with short black hair and pale blue eyes and wore blue shorts and a dark blue shirt. They assumed the child was Nariko's daughter. They also thought that the two looked nothing alike, though if the child was biologically hers, she most likely just looks more like the father. The two brothers looked back up at Nariko, however, when she continued speaking. "Don't worry about the idiots in there. The members of the Akatsuki are almost always fighting with each other." She told them, though it wasn't really reassuring for them. She then walked past them and into the living room, occasionally looking down at her stumbling daughter to make sure she was walking alright and keeping a hand by the little girl to keep her from falling or walking ahead of her. Nariko looked at the two men fighting, scowled, and shouted, "Hey, fuckwads, stop fighting already and clean up this mess! We have guests here, and Otōsan and Okāsan will kick your asses for wrecking the living room during their stay here!"

Gaara and Kankuro stared at her, stunned by the fact that she cussed when she has never cussed around them before. The little girl clutched onto Nariko's leg tighter as the two men turned towards her, making Nariko tense up and become more protective. "But kid, he killed my sacrifice! I was gonna kill the little slut anyway, but she was fucking mine!" The shirtless man shouted as he pointed his scythe at the fly trap man. Nariko, now sick of this shit, glared at the two as her eyes transformed into its Kyūbi-Rinnegan form, a red-violet aura surrounding her. "I don't give two shits who's kill that was, Hidan. It is too early to be dealing with this, so clean this fucking mess while Zetsu goes and gets you another sacrifice, or so help me I will sic my wolves on both of your asses without a shred of guilt or regret in me." She snarled, and the two men, Zetsu and Hidan, cowered at the young teen's fury. They murmured an 'okay' before Hidan went about picking up the fallen or broken furniture, and Zetsu sank into the floor, disappearing from their sight.

Nariko sighed and rubbed her face with one hand before looking at the two stunned and slightly frightened brothers, her eyes back to their normal dark blue. "Sorry you had to go through that. Shizuka had trouble sleeping last night, and they know better than to fight over something stupid when I'm around." She muttered. She then looked down at her still frightened daughter and frowned before picking her up and reactivating her Rinnegan. 'Darling, what's wrong? Did Hidan-oji and Venus scare you?' She asked, their conversation being silent between them. Shizuka shook her head as she hugged her mother and buried her face in the crook of her neck. 'There's a creepy lady that's yelling and trying to hit Hidan-oji and Venus-san. She's not wearing a lot of clothes and is bleeding a lot.' She told her, and was gradually calming down as Nariko rubbed her back and kissed her cheek. 'It's alright, little love. She won't hurt you. She's just upset with them because she died.' Nariko explained. Shizuka nodded in understanding, but still held onto her for comfort.