Chapter 35: Another Bell Test and Unknown Enemies Pt. 2

As Gaara confronted the intruder, the Yama spider appeared on Naraka's shoulder, who was pale and chilled from her terrible feeling. She looked down at the small spider in shock and worry. "Yama." She greeted in surprise, catching Jiraiya, Tsunade and Shizune's attention. The spider whispered to her about the danger in Suna and that Gaara was confronting them, making Naraka more worried. "Can you describe them?" She asked her summon discreetly, not wanting to alarm the people next to her. The spider told her of the large clay bird, very similar to that of Deidara's, and Naraka frown. She thanked the summon for its help before dismissing it, turning to her companions. "Naraka, what's wrong?" Tsunade asked. Naraka sighed and ran a hand through her hair stressfully. "That was one of my Rinnegan summons, Yama. I have spider summons that watch over the other Jinchuurikis for me, but this one was assigned to Gaara. If anything were to happen, if there was a threat to the village or the Jinchuurikis themselves, the spiders would alert me. There's an intruder in Suna. Gaara went to confront them since, as Kazekage, he's obligated to defend his home and people. The description of the intruder though..." She trailed off, moving to bite her thumb nail. "Who is it?" Jiraiya asked. Naraka sighed as her frown deepened. "The description matches Deidara of the Akatsuki, but that can't be right. The Akatsuki let go of their plans to capture the Jinchuurikis and destroy the ninja nations." She shook her head. "Either way, I'm gonna send my other available paths to help Gaara and get confirmation of the enemy. Once Kakashi is done testing the others, I'm gonna send the rest of my paths to Suna." She told them. "Naraka, you should go inform Temari so she can prepare to return to Suna. Once you've done that, go to Suna, and we'll meet you there." Naraka nodded before leaping away to the Nara residence, Temari staying there at the insistence of Shikamaru's mother.

Meanwhile, Deva and Preta used the Flying Thunder God technique to immediately appear beside Gaara, surprising him and the intruder who was attacking him. Deva pulled Gaara away from the attack of the faster clay birds, her and Preta leaping away before they were hit. Gaara quickly made new sand platforms for them before they fell. "Nariko, what are you doing here?" He demanded, not bothering with the path names. Deva just smiled at him sweetly. "I wasn't about to let my boyfriend go into danger by himself." She replied, making Gaara huff indignantly, though his blush indicated he was embarrassed by the term of endearment. Preta glared at the intruder, seeing that it wasn't actually Deidara. "What do you want, Copycat?" She demanded, and the intruder chuckled. "This is a real mess." He said to himself, but seemed excited by her presence.

Though she was stressed about Gaara, Nariko remained focused on her paths both in Suna and Konoha. Naraka had woken Temari and informed her of the situation, letting her pack before setting off to Tsunade. Asura, Annie and Ningen continued fighting alongside Kakashi, on the defense now that their students were persisting in their attacks. Kakashi had moved them onto the third skill, ninjutsu, using jutsu after jutsu on them and forcing them to retreat. Naruto devised a plan where they distract Kakashi and Nariko's paths, using the Icha Icha books against Kakashi while Naruto pretends to lose control of Kurama. Sasuke and Sakura agree before they move to their teachers. Sakura and Naruto jumped down in front of Kakashi, Naruto pretending to yell out the ending of Icha Icha Tactics. This startles Kakashi into covering his ears and closing his eyes, letting Naruto take the bell as his clone transformation of Sakura disappears.

That Naruto was also a clone, the real one fighting alongside Sakura and Sasuke against Asura, Annie and Ningen. Suddenly, Naruto doubles over as if in pain, causing the fight to stop and everyone to look at him. His chakra cloak with one tail emerges as he winces. "H-help..." He pleads weakly before falling to his knees with a cry, two more tails emerging. He looked up at everyone with his Kurama eyes and growls, making Sakura step back in fear while Sasuke readied his sword. "Naruto!" Asura, Annie and Ningen shouted before they leaped to him. "He's lost control of himself, sensei. We have to get out of here!" Sasuke yelled at them, moving to defend Sakura. Asura and Annie turned to yell at them to leave while Ningen crouched in front of Naruto, taking his face in her hands. "Naruto, hang in there, alright? Listen to my voice!" She told him. Naruto grabbed on either side of her waist, one hand resting by the bells. A small part of her was worried about it, but she was more concerned about her brother. Naruto growled one more time before closing his eyes, his hands dropping from her waist as his chakra cloak faded. Seeing this, Sasuke and Sakura rushed to his side, Sasuke on his left with Sakura on his right. To Nariko's surprise, they took his hands and held them as if glad he was alright. That was, until the three looked at her paths with victorious grins. "We got you, sensei." Naruto said as Sasuke and Sakura held up their bells. Ningen's eyes widened as Naruto's clone and Kakashi emerged from the bushes, Kakashi scratching his head and smiling sheepishly. The students stood along with the paths, and the clone handed Naruto his bell before dispersing. "A ninja is supposed to read below what's underneath." Naruto reminded their teachers, and Sakura cheered with a peace sign. "Right, Sensei?!" She said. With that, they all laughed, though Nariko's paths just held a small smile.