Prologue: Birth

On October 10 in a secluded area away from Konohagakure, a woman screams as she gives birth. ANBU from Konohagakure are keeping guard as protection for the woman, and her husband who is the Fourth Hokage is there to help maintain the seal that holds down the tailed beast within the woman. For female jinchūrikis, the seal for their bijū is weakened especially at childbirth. The woman, Kushina Uzumaki, pants as her baby is finally born. Her husband, Minato Namikaze, was about to say that the newborn is a boy when Kushina started screaming in pain again. A medic ninja said that there was another child coming, and Minato was shocked. They knew they were going to have a son, but they weren't informed that they were going to have twins. About a minute later, Kushina finally relaxes as the medic ninja announces that the second child is a girl. Minato and Kushina had already decided that the son's name would be Naruto after the character in Minato's sensei's book. They don't know what to name their daughter, and as they were thinking they heard thumps outside. Soon the medic ninja was killed by a masked man, who then took the daughter and then the son. Minato confronted the masked man and took back his children, however the masked man then took a tired Kushina as hostage. Taking her back to Konoha, the man then released Kurama. Minato left his children at the secluded area before going to save his wife, who was extremely exhausted from both giving birth and having her bijū be extracted from her. Minato successfully saved Kushina and took her back to their newborns before going to help defend Konoha from Kurama and the masked man.
In order to stop Kurama's attack, Minato teleported the two of them to the secluded area. Kushina, though weak, aided her husband by restraining Kurama with her chakra. Knowing that she'll die from this, she volunteered to have Kurama be sealed within her once more so the two would die together. However, Minato was against it and suggested to seal Kurama in their children using the dead demon consuming seal. Kushina objected, but Minato reassured her and informed her that she'd be able to see them when they're older. Finally agreeing, Kushina watched as Minato sealed Yin-Kurama within their daughter, which made Kurama become smaller in size. The bijū realized what was happening, and to stop it he attempted to kill Naruto. Minato and Kushina used themselves as shields for their son before Minato sealed Yang-Kurama into Naruto then the rest of their chakra within both Naruto and his still unnamed sister. As Kushina told her children that they were loved and gave them advice, the third Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi arrived. Kushina told him that the boy's name was Naruto, and his sister's name was Nariko. She begged him to protect them before her and Minato died.
Hiruzen then took the infants back to Konoha, and informed a group of Jounins to retrieve the corpses of ANBU as well as the Fourth Hokage and his wife. He then requested to speak with a Chūnin, and when the Hokage along with the children arrived at his office, the Chūnin arrived shortly after. The man bowed, then stood straight again when Hiruzen said he could relax. The Chūnin saw that Hiruzen had two infants with him, and soon realized who's they were. Noticing this, Hiruzen nodded and informed him of what he was summoned for. The Chūnin, Miruzo Toubishi, was to take Nariko away from Konoha, and to go to Sunagakure to raise her as a regular child. Nariko is to not know about her heritage and origin, and is to not know that she's a jinchūriki. The Chūnin was to step down from being a ninja, and is to become a merchant. Miruzo accepted this, and took the baby girl before leaving to pack. Afterward, the two left to the west, heading towards their new home in the desert.
The next day, the civilians of Konohagakure were informed of the tragedy of last night, and everyone was sorrowful to the loss of their fourth Hokage and his lovely wife. Only few people knew about Naruto and Nariko. Those who knew quickly thought as them as monsters, and hoped that the twin sister doesn't return so the two twins won't team up and destroy the village. However, those who were close friends with Minato and Kushina pitied the twins, and hoped the sister would stay safe. Kakashi, Minato's student, was devastated to hear about his teacher and his wife, but also hoped that the twins would stay safe and grow strong.
Earlier that year, on January 19, the Kazekage has his second son. His wife died giving birth to the boy, and the infant became the jinchūriki for Shukaku. The boy was named Gaara, and the father, Rasa, hoped that the boy will become Suna's ultimate weapon. However, what everyone doesn't know is that Gaara and Nariko will meet and form and unbreakable bond between each other, and even if Nariko is away from Gaara, the two will be each other's light in this dark world.