Chapter 1: Nariko's Beginning

•six years after Kurama's attack on Konoha, Nariko's POV•
~Hi, my name is Nariko Namikaze. I'm six years old now, my birthday was last month, and I'm an orphan. Well, I kinda am. My parents died the day I was born, and now I'm being raised by a merchant named Miruzo Toubishi who's apparently friends with my parents. I don't call him dad or anything cause it sounds weird to me, and I don't usually see him often since he goes in and out of the village to sell or trade stuff. Oh yeah, I live in a hidden village called Suna. It's a place in the desert, and it's pretty hot here. Even in the winter it rarely rains, and it sucks. It's so dull and boring here, all the scenery is the same. Beige-ish sand and buildings, clear blue skies and blazing sun. The occasional sand storm. And the people are kinda mean. They see me, start whispering things and move away, and the kids and some adults pick on me. I don't know what I did, but all I know is that people are mean bakas. Oh, I forgot to say what I looked like. I have red hair and blue violet eyes, and I usually wear my hair up in pigtails with a yellow sundress. I'll paste a picture on here to show you-~
Nariko, Miruzo is home. He's already called you twice. Kurama told me."Nariko, what are you doing?" Miruzo asked as he came into my room."Just writing in my journal." I replied before setting it down and going to hug him."Welcome home, Miruzo-san." I said as he hugged me back."It's good to be home, kiddo." He sighed."I'm going to bed, I'm beat. Go ahead and make yourself something if you get hungry, okay? And no using the electric stuff to cook, just make a sandwich. Got it?" He said, and I nodded. He nodded back before trudging down the hall to his room. I closed my door and went back to my bed, and picked up a picture of myself along with some glue before pasting it on the page I just wrote on.

 I closed my door and went back to my bed, and picked up a picture of myself along with some glue before pasting it on the page I just wrote on

I hummed to myself as I thought of what else to write. Why not talk about me? Kurama asked."Oh, right! Good idea, Ku-kun!" I said, calling Kurama by the nickname I made up when I first met him.
~I have a tailed beast named Kurama sealed inside me, and I found out about him when I was almost four. I had gotten sick, and when I fell asleep to rest I appeared in this dark place with water on the floor. Then this huge gate appeared in front of me with this tag thingy on it. Inside was a huge fox with nine tails. He was kinda scary at first, but I just ignored it and then thought he looked cool. I told him this and he thought I was weird. He then came closer and sniffed me, making me think that he was the weird one. He said I was different, that I was pure and kind. I didn't know what he meant by that, but from then on the two of us became friends. We talk to each other all the time, and he sometimes helps me with some stuff. Like when I tripped that one time and I got a gross scab on my chin. He helped heal me! I don't know how he did it though, I tried asking but he said I was too young to understand. And there are some times when he looks at me then says I look like my mom but I act like my dad. I don't understand that either, but I'm happy that I resemble them.~
I hummed before thinking that that's enough to write for today. I put away all my stuff before getting off my bed and looking outside. The sun will be setting soon, and it's time to go eat. I left my room to see what was there to eat, and I saw that there was only bread left. We ran out of ham, and that was all Miruzo and I eat. Ham sandwiches. I nervously looked down the hallway at Miruzo's room, and softly hear him snoring.'Ku-kun, should we go get something to eat?' I asked, and he hummed. I don't think we should. It's too dangerous for us to go alone. He said thoughtfully. However, we can't just stay here and wait until Miruzo wakes up. Yeah, let's just go get some dumplings or something. He continued, and I nodded before carefully and quietly going to Miruzo's bag on the table. I looked through it and found his money pouch, and I quietly exited the house before running off to the ramen shop. While heading over there, I heard the adults whispering."Look, the kid is out again." "Why do we have two demons in this village? It's too dangerous!" "Shh! Don't speak too loud, she might hear you!" I looked at the man and woman speaking, and they paled before scurrying off.'Ku-kun, why are people afraid of me?' I asked with a frown. I'm to blame for that. People are afraid of powerful things they can't control, and they will either hurt you or stay away from you for it. What I'm curious about, though, is what other 'demon' they have here? Is it maybe one of my younger siblings, perhaps? He wondered, and I pursed my lips in thought as well.'I don't know. Maybe next time we'll find out.' I suggested as I arrived at the ramen shop."Hey, Pako-san! Two orders of dumpling ramen to go, please!" I called out to the old man who own the place."Hey, Nariko! Coming right up!" He said with a smile before having his grandson Tamaki start the meal. He soon came back with the order in a bag, and handed it to me."Is Miruzo home?" He asked."Yeah, he got back a while ago. He's really tired though, so he probably won't eat until later." I replied."Man, I don't know how he does it. Going from place to place then coming back to take care of you? He might as well be a ninja. Anyway, you take care, squirt, and get home safely." He said."Hai! Arigato, Pako-san!" I said before running back home. On the way back, I passed the park and saw a cute boy sitting all alone on a swing, looking sad and lonely as he watched the other kids play ball a couple of feet away from him. I stopped and stared, and started feeling sad just looking at the poor kid. I then became determined, putting up my fist while making a silent promise that tomorrow I will be this boy's new friend. Excited, I continued running home to go eat my ramen.'I love ramen, and that boy will have a new friend~ We will play together, and eat ramen forever-~' Kid, please stop singing about ramen every time you get some. Ku-kun pleaded while sweat dropping. I chuckled and scratched the back of my head sheepishly before entering the house.