Chapter 14: Team Seven Will Be Uncooperative, I Can Tell

•next day•
Birds were chirping loudly outside my window, but it's understandable since there's a tree right outside of it with a bird's nest."What the hell......" I complained, questioning my parent's thought process when getting this house. Your mother asked for it. She wanted to try out bird watching as a new hobby. She's eventually got sick of the bird chirping and often threw something at the birds before Minato showed her some eggs in the bird's nest. She stopped throwing stuff and resorted to silently cussing them out. Kurama told me, his voice laced in amusement. I chuckled lightly before getting ready for the day, although it was only seven in the morning. I was planning on arriving at the academy to meet with team seven around the time that class ends. An hour later, I finished getting ready and decided to leave my equipment here since I most likely wouldn't need it. I paused for a moment, thinking about something before flickering to my paths' chamber. I walked up to Ningen's pod and took my flute before using the straps on it to strap it around my waist, having the case resting against my right hip. I then flickered back to my room since I only have my seal in or on four places: my room, my paths' chamber, Hiruzen's desk in his office, and Naruto's shoulder.'I should probably put more seals around the village....' I thought as I walked out and locked the front door of my house. I was about to start walking when I decided to take the twins with me. I bit my right thumb before crouching and placing my hand on the ground and said,"Summoning jutsu." There was a puff of smoke, and the twins along with a white pup were revealed from it, causing me to raise a brow."Kuro, Shiro, who's this?" I asked, and they both sighed in exasperation (In dedication to Jon Snow's dire wolf)."Nariko, this is Ghost." Kuro said."He's our baby cousin from mom's side of the family. Mom wanted us to babysit him for the day since our parents were going hunting. Ghost, say hi to our summoner." Shiro explained before nudging the pup with his snout. Ghost nervously trotted up to me before stopping two inches by my feet."H-hi, Nariko-sama." He greeted shyly before rushing back to Shiro. I smiled at the pup before looking at the twins."Do you guys wanna come with me to meet my brother's team?" I asked."Sure." Kuro said while doing something that I assumed was a shrug."We have nothing better to do. Come on, Ghost." Shiro added before leading the pup to the academy, Kuro and I following him.
We soon entered the academy and made our way inside Iruka's classroom, finding multiple students already in here, including my brother and Sasuke. I directed the wolves to the front desk, and sat down in its chair as everyone stared at us. I saw Sasuke looking at me in thought and confusion, before scowling and walking up to me."Who are you?" He demanded, and I giggled."What, are you worried I did something to Iruka?" I teased, but he didn't waver, causing me to sigh and smirk with my eyes closed."I'm sure you can figure it out. You're a smart boy." I told him, and he got in my face with anger and irritation in his eyes."Stop playing games and tell me already!" He growled, and Ghost growled before quickly jumping onto my lap, causing me to open my eyes and watch him, then he jumped on the desk and finally Sasuke's face, causing him to shout in shock and fall on his back."Don't speak to Nariko-sama like that, you jerk!" Ghost shouted in his face, not letting Sasuke speak with his paws on his mouth. I sighed as the twins shouted their cousin's name in shock before I picked Ghost up with both hands on his sides and holding him with one arm, causing him to yelp in surprise."Note this, Ghost. You're a pup, so doing something like this makes you seem intimidating and also cute since you didn't use a more scary face. The twins and I will help you make a better one, but until then don't get into any trouble." I advised him, and he lowered his head in disappointment, most likely in himself for not doing a better job."Hai, Nariko-sama." He mumbled. I sighed again before patting his head, then looked at Sasuke who just got up."Was that a good enough hint?" I asked him as he looked at me in recognition."I knew you were awake enough to remember some stuff when I was taking you home, I was just waiting for the moment when you confronted me about it." I continued, and he just crossed his arms as he closed his eyes."Hn." He grunted, and I secretly gave him an Uchiha smirk before he looked at me again."My name, as you already figured out, is Nariko Namikaze. I'm the Fourth Hokage's daughter, and I'm a Jounin. I will also be one of the new genin team's sensei, however I will be more like an assistant than an actual sensei." I told him, and right at that moment Iruka came in. Sasuke walked back to his seat as well as all of the other students, and Iruka looked at me in confusion."Nariko, what are you doing here? The senseis aren't supposed to meet with their teams until after lunch." He said, and I groaned in annoyance."You're telling me I came early for nothing? Son of a binge eating ghoul, man!" I complained."What?" He asked in confusion, and I sighed."Nothing......." I grumbled, and he decided to go on and give his now former students a final speech.
He then decided to tell them which team they're put in and which ones will be teamed together. As he said all of this, I paid close attention to the students to see how they react as a way to get to know them better. Iruka then called out team seven, mine and Kakashi's team."Naruto Uzumaki. Sakura Haruno." At this, Naruto cheered and Sakura slumped down in disappointment and depression.'He likes her, but she doesn't feel the same. She dislikes him so much that she doesn't want to have anything to do with him, but she doesn't hate him.' I assessed."And Sasuke Uchiha." It was then that Naruto and Sakura's reaction switched, while Sasuke stayed neutral.'Sakura, being one of Sasuke's main fangirls, is absolutely delighted to have her motivation to be a ninja be in the same team as her, thinking that everything will be better now that she might have her Sasuke-kun all to herself. As for Naruto, he was hoping for it to be the same thing until his rival came into the picture. Fighting a pointless fight over a girl with a guy who doesn't give two schists about her makes him consider Sasuke as a rival, and now he also needs to keep on trying to show Sasuke that he can be equal or even better than him. And Sasuke, he just doesn't give two schists. Thinking everyone is an idiot, which is understandable, and would probably rather work on his own than work with two people who he considers a nuisance.' I continued, and Naruto jumped up with an irritated expression."Iruka-sensei, why is an awesome guy like me put on a team with this guy?!" He demanded while jabbing his finger at Sasuke."The point of these orders were to balance the teams out by putting someone with weak points in the same team as someone who is strong in that same point. Sasuke had the highest scores in this class, while you, Naruto, have the lowest." He replied, and Naruto slumped again from being shot down."Hn, just don't get in my way, loser." Sasuke muttered, and Naruto growled at him as Iruka continued calling out the teams.'I honestly think it was a pretty smart idea for Hiruzen to make. Pin the three people who don't like each other and make them work together to make them like each other. Also, to actually balance it out. Naruto lacks knowledge and chakra control so Sakura and Sasuke make up for that; Sakura lacks strength and the courage to fight so Sasuke and Naruto make up to that; and Sasuke lacks the will to work with others, so putting him with Naruto and Sakura who might force him to do teamwork will get him out of that. However, Sasuke dislikes them both, Sakura dislikes Naruto and Naruto dislikes Sasuke. Then it reverses with Naruto liking Sakura, Sakura liking Sasuke, and, well, Sasuke doesn't like either of them, ending the chain. Which will make this team very uncooperative with each other, and if Kakashi is gonna be their sensei and test them, they will most definitely fail unless they get their schist together.' I concluded, and Iruka told everyone that after they have lunch that they will be meeting with their new senseis.
Before he could dismiss them, however, one of the new kunoichis raised their hand."Um, Iruka-sensei, I've been wondering. Who's the girl and the wolves?" She asked unsurely, and I smiled."Ah, someone finally grew a pair and asked. I'm Nariko Namikaze, and I'm team seven's sensei's assistant. The wolves are my summons. The two larger wolves are Kuro and Shiro who are twins, and the little one is Ghost, Kuro and Shiro's baby cousin." I said, and some of them had an irk mark when I said that someone finally grew a pair. Everyone then left to go eat lunch, and as I stayed in the classroom I chuckled lightly, knowing that Naruto might mess with his new teammates.
•time skip three hours•
"Why do I have to work with a man who doesn't keep with a schedule while I have to be constantly on time? This is unacceptable." I mumbled to myself. Team seven, the twins, Ghost and I were still waiting in the classroom for Kakashi to arrive, and we were the only ones left. Naruto was complaining as well while looking out the door trying to see if Kakashi is here yet, Sasuke was just sitting there and Sakura was playing with Ghost, finding him absolutely adorable. The twins and I were just watching all of this, and the twins were carefully watching Sakura and Ghost to make sure nothing happens since they know Sakura can get violent."Ugh! Why can't we just leave already?! We already have you, Nariko-sensei, can't we just meet our other sensei later?" Naruto complained to me, and I frowned. It's weird hearing my own brother call me sensei even if he doesn't realize it."We can't go anywhere without your sensei. He gives the shots around here until you guys get promoted to Chūnin or something. I'm only here for support, I guess." I told him, and Sakura looked at me in confusion."What do you mean?" She asked, and I sighed."Think of me like a substitute and guard. If something happens to your sensei, I have to take charge. The real reason that I'm actually doing this, however, is to protect you guys. Sasuke and Naruto, I made a promise to protect the two of you. Sakura, if your sensei along with Naruto and Sasuke go down, you might not be able to defend yourself and them. I'm here to help you guys and make sure nothing goes downhill." I explained, and they all went into thought."One more question, Nariko sensei. Actually, two. How are you already a Jounin when you're the same age as us, and do you know a girl with silver hair and wears her forehead protector as a blindfold like she's blind? 'Cause Kuro and Shiro were with her yesterday when we were doing our graduation exam." She asked, and I smirked in amusement as the three genin looked at me for answers."Yeah, I know her. We're really good friends, so close with each other that we're practically the same person!" I said while completely ignoring her first question, and they just stared in confusion.
Naruto decided it was time to pull a prank on Kakashi as punishment for being late. Sasuke said it wouldn't work, and Sakura agreed but I knew she was actually cheering Naruto on. Bored with their antics and not wanting to bother with them anymore, I pulled out my flute case and started putting my flute together as the wolves came and sat with me. When I was done, I noticed Sasuke practically glaring at me."Don't worry, I'm just gonna play a song-" "Where did you get that flute?" He interrupted me, and I sighed."A friend gave it to me because I was having trouble casting genjutsus. This flute helped me big time." I told him before putting the mouthpiece under my lips. I began playing a simple song that was more used for happy genjutsus rather than tormenting genjutsus, and it was Serengeti Dreams (I play the flute and actually have this song from my 8th grade year I think. If I find the music sheet, I'll put it on here.).