Chapter 26: Shizuka Tamashī

When I arrived at the Hokage office, where I knew the Uchiha brothers, Tsunade, her assistant and pig would be, I bowed my head in respect with my hands behind my back. Tsunade slightly jumped in surprise because she's still not used to me appearing out of nowhere because of the Flying Thunder God technique. Instead of scolding me, she just sighed in exasperation because after the many times I've already done this, she's grown tired of trying to lecture me."Nariko, good. I'm sure you found out it's time to escort Sasuke to Otokagure." She said, and I nodded before lifting my head."I've already told him what will happen. He will train under Orochimaru while Naruto is with Jiraiya and Sakura is with me. When the time comes for Naruto to return or when Orochimaru feels he has nothing else to teach him, he will be allowed to return to Konoha and I will decide his rank. Or, if you see fit, you can let him join the ANBU like his brother did. While he's training, I will have Itachi, Obito and Kakashi check on him occasionally." She informed me, and I nodded again. I assumed that Itachi will be with Sasuke for a while because he was next to the boy."Jiraiya and Naruto are waiting at the gates. The three of you are to pack for the trip and be at the gates in seven minutes. Dismissed." Tsunade said, and we nodded before leaving the room.
The boys and I split up and went to our homes to pack. When I got to my house, I packed a kimono, one of my diplomat attires, my water canister, and some energy bars. I got dressed into my hunting clothes (the clothes from last chapter), got my purple backpack, Kurenai, and left the house. Jumping from roof to roof, I quickly arrived at the gates with two minutes to spare. When Jiraiya and Naruto saw me, Jiraiya just stared while Naruto was demanding that I wear something over my current clothes. I argued with him about it because my shorts were knee length and my crop top was only an inch above my belly button. Sasuke and Itachi arrived a minute later, and when they saw my attire, they joined Naruto in arguing with me. In the end, Itachi forced me to wear his Akatsuki cloak. With that finished, we left the village gates and traveled through the dirt road. After about an hour, we said our fair wells and separated. Jiraiya and Naruto left to whatever village they were going to stop at as the Uchiha brothers and I continued north to Otokagure. After another hour, we arrived at an underground entrance to the village.

As we went through the tunnels, I activated my Rinnegan to try to see which room Orochimaru was in

As we went through the tunnels, I activated my Rinnegan to try to see which room Orochimaru was in. There was a slight purple glow because of my eyes, and I heard Kurenai hum slightly. I quietly sighed. She hasn't had blood in a while, and she's starting to get hungry. She can go half a month without blood, and it's almost been a month since I fed her. Whatever mission Orochimaru will give me, I hope I get to kill people because Kurenai is as aggressive as Samehada when she's hungry. The last time I didn't have time to feed her and I was on a recon mission, she started killing anyone around us and I wasn't even wielding her. She just levitated and flew around mutilating everyone. When she was done, she stabbed herself into the heart of her last victim.
After five minutes, we found the master chamber that Orochimaru and Kabuto were in. Orochimaru greeted us and had Kabuto take Sasuke and Itachi to there rooms. When the door closed, Orochimaru pulled out a file and passed it to me. I took it and looked over the papers."The mission that I'm giving you is S-Rank. You're to eliminate a clan that is made of assassins and rogue ninjas. They're in the Land of Grass, and the clan is called the Tamashī." He informed me."Soul?" I questioned, and he shrugged."Every century or so a member of the clan gets a special Kekkai Genkai, however those who get it are killed when they turn one years old, only because at that age is when the Kekkai Genkai can be accessed." He said, and I nodded."I'll be on my way then." I said before walking out and leaving Otokagure, heading (the goddamn internet doesn't have the exact fucking location *cusses like a sailor*) west near the Hidden Grass Village. I soon arrived outside the clan's isolated village. I camped out and put down my pack as the sun set, but frowned at the village when I heard a man shout and a woman scream. I activated Ningen and searched the minds of the clan members. Through their eyes, I saw a group preparing to kill a man and woman. I quickly looked through their memories, and just when I finished I was cut off. Looking through the others' eyes, I saw that they killed the two. They were parents of the child of the Kekkai Genkai. They died because they loved their child and didn't want the baby to die, so they were killed. The clan then gathered in the center of the village in a plaza. I didn't want the baby to die, so I took off to their location. I hid as they were cheering, and I saw a man holding the baby."It is time to kill the demon once more!" He shouted, and the cheers became louder. Suddenly, a young girl's voice echoed in my mind loudly.'What's going on?! Where's my mommy and daddy?! Why are all of you being so loud?!' She cried."Silence, monster!" The man yelled as he whipped out a kunai and sliced her right arm.'Ahhhhh!!!!!' She screamed in pain.'Please, stop! Please! No, stop it! Stop!' She continued to cry."Enough!" He yelled and put the kunai's point on her neck. She became silent in fear, but quietly whimpered occasionally."The demon's parents did not want to give her up. They broke tradition and wanted to keep her alive because they loved her." The man said, and the crowd booed."Because of this, we killed them and they will be remembered as disgraces to this clan. They no longer cared that this monster can kill all of us and even destroy the world! But we still remember, and we will survive by killing this bringer of destruction!" He shouted, and the crowd cheered again."Now, let us spill her blood and let it mingle with the other monsters of the past!" He then raised the kunai, preparing to strike the baby down. My eyes widened and my instincts kicked in as I created a shadow clone. The clone raced to retrieve the baby, and when she did she jumped and hid in a secluded area for protection. I ran into the crowd with Kurenai drawn, and she grew in size prepared to have a buffet. The clan members screamed as my sword mauled them and drained their blood swiftly, and they were all soon unrecognizable on the ground with their skin grey, sunken and broken. I soon reached the man who tried to kill the baby, and I quickly searched his memories. He is the head of the clan, and killed as many people as the Akatsuki members combined."Your sins are great, and your leadership is tyrannous. Because of your crimes, I, Nariko Namikaze the Red Flash, sentence you to death." I said before raising Kurenai."You fool! You don't know what you have done! The demon will bring the end of this world!" He exclaimed, and my poker face didn't falter. He screamed as Kurenai stabbed into his chest, expanded into spikes before becoming a blade again, and drained his blood. I pulled her out of the mutilated grey corpse, and the body fell to the ground. I sheathed Kurenai and pet her hilt as she purred, satisfied with her meal.
My clone flickered next to me, gave me the infant and dispelled. While hiding, she had calmed the baby enough to where she was just looking around."You're safe now." I murmured to her, but she didn't respond and looked confused while glanced around.'Hello, child. I'm not going to harm you. What is your name?' I asked in the girl's mind.'I-I don't know. Where's mommy and daddy?' She asked quietly.'I'm sorry, child. They were killed.' I said, and she became confused. I then felt her go deeper into my mind, into my memories. She saw everything, and tears were in her eyes as they drooped from exhaustion.'Don't worry, child. I will name you Shizuka, and I will be your mother.' I told her as she fell asleep. I then summoned Kaneki, Gray and Suzuki."Search the village for any scrolls about the clan's Kekkai Genkai, and the clan jutsus. When you're finished, meet me at the camp I set up outside the village." I ordered. They nodded before running off. I then turned and walked back to Shizuka's home. When I arrived, I saw her parents' corpses. I frowned, did the shadow clone jutsu, made two clones and had them bury the parents. I then went inside the house and searched for things that Shizuka will need. I entered the master bedroom and placed my daughter on the bed before looking around. I found a duffel bag in the closet, and I left the room into the hallway. There were pictures on the wall, and I took one of the birth parents and one of the clan symbol. (gotta love soul eater)

I put them in the duffel then went to the drawers in the hallway

I put them in the duffel then went to the drawers in the hallway. As I searched through them, I found Shizuka's birth certificate. I put that in the duffel as well then went to the next room. It seemed to be the nursery, or Shizuka's room. I gathered some clothes, diapers, a doll that strangely looked like the birth mother, a blanket, a baby bottle and some formula, then put it in the duffel as well, careful not to crush the pictures or the formula. I then saw a baby carrier and took it as well. I paused, thinking that it wouldn't be a good idea to have the carrier and a duffel, so I took out a medium sealing scroll and put the duffel in it. I stuck the scroll in my kunai pouch, and it only stuck out a little bit. If there's anything else that I'd need, I can just buy it at a store. I put on the carrier then went back to the master room. Shizuka was still asleep, so I carefully put her in the carrier, trying not to wake her up.

 Shizuka was still asleep, so I carefully put her in the carrier, trying not to wake her up

I left the house and then the village towards the camp I made. When I arrived, I took out the scroll, unsealed the duffel, sat down and activated my Rinnegan to access my paths. I had Annie come and take my pack, and she flickered to Sasuke, who already started training, before going to the room I usually stay in. Itachi is across from me and he's sharing a room with Sasuke. Annie left my pack on my bed before heading back to the chamber in Konoha.
After I deactivated my Rinnegan, Kaneki, Gray and Suzuki return with the two scrolls I asked for. The jutsu scroll is the largest and the Kekkai Genkai only slightly smaller than the jutsu scroll. I thanked them before dismissing them, and they poofed into smoke. I took the scrolls and opened them, reading through the Kekkai Genkai first.
~Kekkai genkai-
Name: Yūrei no me (eye of the ghost)
Abilities: can let user see and speak to ghosts, and use telepathy and telekinesis. A side effect is that the user is mute. They cannot speak to the living, but the user and the dead can hear their voice. Cannot be deactivated, which forces the user to wear a blind fold to pause the ability, so to speak. With the eyes open, the user can only clearly see ghosts while the living are shadows and the scenery is a light grey blur, and the voice of the living is muffled. With the eyes closed, telepathy can be used to communicate to the living. With eyes open or close, telekinesis can be used. Because of the fact that the user must be blindfolded, the first user learned to use a form of echolocation through earth style. The user would continuously walk barefoot on the ground to visualize their surroundings (like Toph if anyone has seen the last airbender). This technique has been passed down to anyone with this kekkai genkai, also automatically giving them earth type chakra.
History: it was foretold that the user of this kekkai genkai has the ability to destroy everything using the telekinesis, including the world. In fear of this, the clan would kill the user as soon as it was known for them to have the kekkai genkai, which is at the age of one. This dwindled the number of users, leaving there to be a user once every century.~
I hummed with a frown before looking through the jutsus. There were a bunch of demonic flute and illusion techniques, as well as genjutsus. Then I found some earth release jutsus. I sighed softly and looked down at Shizuka before thinking. I can't use my Flying Thunder God technique because it might hurt her, and I can't take us back to Otokagure yet because when she wakes up she might be hungry and need a diaper change. I was also thinking I need to tell her about her real name. I won't tell her about her family history or her Kekkai Genkai until she's older, she wouldn't be able to understand at this age. I then paused and realized I don't know how to properly take care of a baby. I'll have to ask Hiruzen or maybe Itachi when I get back. Hiruzen is a father and Itachi basically raised Sasuke, however neither of them have ever had to take care of a baby girl (I'm assuming Hiruzen had two sons). I sighed again and decided to ask Inoichi. He knows about mind techniques like me and has a daughter, so I can go to him if he's not busy.