Chapter 11: The Agreement, Moving In, and Finding Naruto and Sasuke

A/N lol the image above reminds me of something Gray and Natsu would do. If any of you don't know what I'm talking about, I order you to stop reading this and go watch Fairy Tail ASAP.

As the ANBU guy led us to the Hokage, I decided to ask him a question."Hey ANBU guy, what's your code name so I don't have to keep calling you ANBU guy?" I asked."Tenzo. How do you know what rank I am?" He asked."I don't live under a rock." I scoffed.'Technically I do since the hideouts are underground, but he doesn't need to know that.' I thought."That and I've traveled all over the place. I lived here, but I was transferred somewhere else when I was a baby." I continued."How do you know that if you were only a baby?" He asked."Wow, I thought you were smarter than this." Kuro said."She's a host of a bijū who was sealed inside her mother. And since Nariko has the right to know, that same bijū told her everything." Shiro finished for his brother. It was silent the rest of the way, or at least as silent as it could get. We were walking on the main road, which was bustling with people as they shopped or went to eat in the restaurants. Suddenly the most heavenly scent I have ever smelled filled my lungs as I inhaled. I stopped and slowly turned to see a ramen shop, and I immediately wanted to go have some."Oh no." "She found a ramen shop." I heard the twins mumble."What's the hold up?" Tenzo demanded."A ramen shop........ I haven't had actual ramen in so long.......... instant ramen will never be as good as home made ramen........." I muttered as I slowly walked towards the shop. I heard Tenzo sigh before I felt myself be lifted and slung onto his shoulder."C'mon, we don't have time for this." He grumbled. My eyes widened and I reached out toward the ramen shop as the distance between us grew farther."No........ my ramen........." I whispered as if I were in a trance."You can get some after you're done speaking to the Hokage." Tenzo said, sounding exasperated with my antics. I whined before slumping in defeat, but my head snapped up as I felt a tug inside of me. At the ramen shop, a boy with blonde hair and sun kissed skin wearing an orange and blue jumpsuit with goggles on his head ran towards the entrance. Before he entered, he paused and looked confused before looking towards me. We made eye contact which lasted a few seconds before Tenzo made a right turn.'Was that-' Yeah, kid. That was your brother. The pull you felt was my two halves trying to connect like a magnet. Know this, if you and Naruto fight something together and hold hands or something, you can combine the two halves momentarily to cause some major damage. However, Yang-Kurama has to cooperate with your brother in order for it to work. Kurama explained.
We soon arrived at the entrance of the Hokage building, and Tenzo put me down. He was about to say something when the twins lifted their heads to the sky."Nariko, Otōsan wants us back." Shiro told me."Alright. Go ahead, I don't want you two being late and getting in trouble." I said. They nodded and poofed away back to their realm."I need to get back to my post. There are people inside that can give you directions if you get lost." Tenzo said. I nodded and thanked him before he used the body flicker technique to leave. I opened the door and went inside. I noticed I was in the lobby, and at the receptionist desk there was a woman in at least her fifties who was writing something. When I closed the door, she looked up and smiled at me."Hi! How may I help you?" She asked politely, and I walked up to her."I would like to speak to the Hokage, however I don't know which room he's in." I said before looking at all of the office doors down the hall."Oh, okay! I don't believe Hokage-sama is busy right now. Just go down the hall and you'll come to a flight of stairs. This is the first floor, or the lobby. Hokage-sama's office is on the top floor, you'll know which room it is since ninja come and go because of missions." She told me.'So specific.' I thought. I nodded in thanks before following her directions, and when I reached the top floor I saw a man carrying a stack of paper enter a room. He was talking to someone, and my eyes widened when I heard him say Hokage-sama.'He's in there....!' I thought as I ran to the room. However, I was stopped a foot inside the room by two ANBU members, them holding a kunai in their hands. I was caught by surprise by them and accidentally tripped, falling on my face and barely missing the kunai that one of the members held. It was silent as I groaned in pain and irritation, and I got up while making sure the kunai weren't anywhere near me."Hello there child. Who might you be?" An elderly man's voice asked, and I looked to see exactly that. An elderly man wearing a white and red hat with a robe with the same color, and the hat had the kanji for fire on it. He looks at the two ANBUs and shooed them away, and the two body flickered away. I looked around the room and saw some stacks of paper, bookshelves against the walls, windows showing the village, and two desks. One was small with the man that came in before me sitting there with the papers that he brought with him. The other was fairly large and the Hokage sat in it with five stacks of paper on it."Hello, Hiruzen Sarutobi, third Hokage of Konohagakure. I am yet I'm not surprised that you don't remember me. You haven't seen me since I was a newborn, which was twelve years ago." I started, but the guy in the smaller desk who apparently looked like a burnt pineapple with a scar across his nose started lecturing me about being respectful to the old man. However, he barely got the chance before grandpa raised his hand to silence him, then motioned me to continue while looking intently at me as if he was really interested in what I had to say."My name is Nariko Namikaze. I'm sure that should ring a bell, but if not then I can enlighten you." I continued, and the two adults looked like they just got bitch slapped with a fish (idk where I got this from, I remember reading this in some other fanfic but I don't remember which one. The slapped by a fish isn't my idea, I just thought it would be useful for the exaggeration).
"Namikaze.......Hokage-sama-" "I know, Iruka. I know." Hiruzen interrupted him, looking serious."Nariko, how much do you know?" He asked."My dad was the fourth Hokage, my mom was the former host of the Kyūbi, I'm the jinchūriki of Yin-Kurama while my twin brother had Yang-Kurama. The guy you assigned to take care of me and keep all of this from me was a former Chūnin Miruzo Toubishi." I told him."How did you find out? And where's Miruzo?" I sighed, contemplating on if I should tell him about the Akatsuki."If I tell you, it needs to be kept a secret. No one but the two of us must know, which means I need your ANBU and Iruka to leave." I said, and the frown the old man had deepened."Very well." He muttered before giving a look around the room then at Iruka. Iruka sighed, knowing this isn't the time to argue with his boss, then left. I looked at the old man, and internally chuckled when I sensed ANBU outside watching, but they weren't in hearing range."Alright. Two months after I turned six, Miruzo had the two of us leave Suna. He didn't tell me where or why, he just had us pack up and leave. I assume now that it was because we were in danger, but another part of me says that it was because I was friends with the Kazekage's youngest son, who's a jinchūriki like me. I don't know why it would be a problem, but that's not the point. When Miruzo and I left, we had a run in with two Akatsuki members." I started the story, and as soon as I said the Akatsuki, it looked like Hiruzen wanted to say something but restrained himself.'He knows if he interrupts he won't find out what happened. Pretty smart, old man.' I thought."Those two took me to meet the leader. They recruited me after I failed to find Suna or Konoha to find my brother or friend. I befriended all of the members, and we became a makeshift family. However, that is also not the point, and I am not allowed to tell you anything else about my family." "And why is that?" Hiruzen questioned."I don't want everyone to fight. This is my home, even if I barely know it, and I don't want it destroyed. I also love my family, and I don't want to see them fight and get hurt." I said before taking a deep breath." Anyway, I became friends with Yin-Kurama, and he told me everything I needed to know. As for Miruzo, he was killed when the Akatsuki came looking for me." I finished, but paused."There's one more thing. Before I was recruited, the Sage of the Six Paths visited me in a dream. Told me I had a role to play, and I promised him to protect the tailed beasts and the Rinnegan, defeat or convince enemies to defect, and to help broken families fix their bonds. He then gave me the Rinnegan, and the leader of the Akatsuki trained me to use it. I have full control of everything, and the members of the Akatsuki trained me on everything they know." I added."Can you show it to me?" He requests, and I nodded. I walked around his desk and stood in front of the windows with my back to them, and he turned around to look at me. I activated my Rinnegan, and Hiruzen's eyes widened."Incredible......." he whispered."Hiruzen. This must stay between us. In exchange, I will become a ninja of this village and protect it with my life. I will also make sure that if the Akatsuki starts anything, I will have a talk with them. Also, Orochimaru left the Akatsuki. He tried going after Itachi Uchiha for immortality and the Sharingan. I'm not sure if he'll try going after Sasuke, but if he does then I will protect the boy. I promised Itachi to protect his younger brother along with mine, and I am not one to break my promises." I told him. He nodded, and we shook hands in agreement.
"Which rank would you like to be?" Hiruzen asked, and I thought about it."Not ANBU. Itachi and Orochimaru told me about Danzō Shimura, and I don't trust him nor do I want to work under him. Because of this, I will be a Jounin. I don't care if you make me a sensei, as long as I keep my promises and do my job." I said, and he nodded in understanding."Would you like to live with your brother?" He asked, and I paused."No. I will be his friend and act as his sister, but I don't want to tell him the truth. Not yet. And I don't want anyone to know about my Rinnegan and that I'm a jinchūriki. Everyone who already knows that I'm a jinchūriki, I want it kept a secret from Naruto. I have the ability to communicate telepathically and Kurama helps me know where Naruto is and what's happening to him. Because of this, I will make him think that it's just a jutsu that only I know and can use." I said."What would you like me to tell the villagers?" "Tell them who I am and what I told you. Don't tell them my abilities and who I was with all these years. I will be friends with Naruto, but I don't want him to know about me being a jinchūriki if the villagers gossip. Let them know that I have complete control, and let them know my heritage." I told him."Okay. Where would you like to live?" He asked, and I thought about it for a couple of seconds."Are my parent's house unoccupied?" I asked him, and he hummed before turning back to his desk and clapping once. An ANBU came back in the room, and Hiruzen asked them to get a status of my parent's house. They left, and came back with their report."It's unoccupied and in good shape. The furniture was taken out, so the place is empty." They said. Hiruzen dismissed them, and he turned to look at me."I want to live there. I have money that I saved up so I can use it to get the stuff I need, and I can use my paths to bring my other belongings from my family." I told him."Alright. Both Sasuke and Naruto live a few blocks away from you. I will have someone show you the way there and give you your keys, along with your Jounin vest and forehead protector." He said. I thanked him and went to leave, but he stopped me."Nariko, I remember a few years ago that two people with the Rinnegan stole the scroll containing the Flying Thunder God technique. With what you showed me, I know you were the one who took it, but I won't do anything. That was your father's jutsu, I understand if you would like to follow his footsteps. However, next time you wish to learn a jutsu like that, come to me instead of just taking it. I trust you have good intentions, and I don't want you getting in trouble." He said, and I sheepishly smiled. He smiled back at me and said,"Welcome to Konoha, Nariko." I nodded and smiled at him a little longer before leaving.
•time skip to the evening•
Everything is good to go. I'm moved in to my parents house, got all of the furniture that I need and like, and I bought food for the week. I told Otōsan what happened, and he accepted it. He told me to be careful, and if something happens or I need to talk to him about something important that I can come back to the hideout. I had my paths bring most of my stuff like clothes, pictures, scrolls that have important information like jutsus. The scroll that I stole from the village, I gave it back to Hiruzen. Now I'm just wandering around the village.
The sun has already set, and people have already started to head home for dinner or to sleep. Those who saw me smiled and greeted me kindly, calling me Nariko-sama. I asked the first person who said this why they were calling me that, and they said it was because I was the Fourth's daughter and they should respect his legacy. I asked them if they knew I was a jinchūriki, and they said yes but they knew I wouldn't hurt them. I assumed Hiruzen told them, and I was glad everything was going as I hoped. Right now, I'm just trying to get to know the village. I'm currently nearing what seems to be a training ground, and I sensed someone here. Their chakra was kinda low, but it wasn't critical. I walked up to them, and saw that it was a boy. He was lying on the ground, and seemed close to falling asleep. I looked around the area and saw on the trees some targets with kunai and shuriken on the bullseye or the ring around it. I looked back at the boy and noticed he looked a little familiar, but I don't think I met him before. He's the boy that Itachi wanted you to watch. His and your parents were friends, but from what your brother experienced this kid isn't as nice as Itachi. Kurama told me, and I frowned.'It's not hard to figure out why. The only sibling he had, the one person he looked up to, killed the people he grew up with and cared about and left him to remember it. He thinks he's an avenger, and he's falling deeper and deeper into the darkness that I'm worried about what kind of things he'll do just to kill his brother.' I replied, and he just hummed before going silent again. I sighed and decided I should start my job now. I walked up to Sasuke and crouched down, putting him on my back before getting up and walking on the road again. I noticed his eyes were still a bit open and he was trying not to fall asleep, and I activated my Rinnegan and entered his mind (Nariko speaking telepathically, the person she's speaking to replying to her). It's okay, Sasuke. I'm taking you home. Go to sleep, I promise everything is fine. I reassured him. He didn't reply, but instead let himself go to sleep, resting his head on my shoulder as his arms were secured around my neck and I had a good hold of his legs so he doesn't fall off. I had perfected Ningen by going further than just reading a person's mind: I can now look through people's memories and even copy them then show it to someone else in their mind. I decided to look in Sasuke's memories to find out where his house is, and after finding out I quickly took us there. At arrival, I deactivated my Rinnegan and looked around before finding the spare key under his door mat. I took him inside, put him to bed, and decided to do something for him.
•next morning, third POV•
When Sasuke woke up, he was a bit confused on how he was home in bed. The last thing he remembered was almost passing out after training, and had what seemed like a dream of someone with red hair taking him home. A soothing voice told him to sleep and that everything was fine, and he trusted it before everything went dark. He got up and went to the kitchen, and was shocked to find a bento with rice balls and diced tomatoes in it along with a note. It said,'Dear Sasuke. Don't be reckless, and know when it's time to head home after the job is done. I don't want to find you asleep in the training grounds at night again, but I will bring you home if I have to. I also made you a bento for lunch, but it doesn't have much since you only had rice and tomatoes in the kitchen. You should really go grocery shopping soon. Anyway, have a nice day of school, and don't do anything stupid. Sincerely, Nariko Namikaze.'

A/N Happy New Years, everybody! Edited 1/3/18