Chapter 33: Reunited Part 2

For a second, everyone just stared at each other, and right as Naruto smirked and went to say something, the air became electric as if something bad was gonna happen. Team 7 turned to look at Nariko, whose fists were clenched and she had an angry purple aura around her. She glared directly at Sasuke with her Rinnegan active, and Sasuke paled. "Bye." He said quickly before leaping away. Nariko immediately flickered away, and reappeared with a chakra fist aimed at his head. Sasuke swiftly dodged it, leaping to Sakura's side. "Help me, please?" He pleaded to his girlfriend before leaping away again, Nariko chasing him with her chakra-infused fists and feet. Naruto was laughing his ass off, and Sakura joined him. "Sorry, Sasuke-kun, but you should've known better  than to attack Naruto when Shizuka-chan was in his arms." She laughed. Finally tired of chasing him, Nariko used her Universal Pull to drag Sasuke to her. He yelped as he was pulled to her, and fell face first when Nariko punched him hard on the head, creating a small Sasuke-shaped crater in the ground.

Nariko marched off with a tick mark pulsing on her head, and she snatched Shizuka from Naruto to cuddle with her, trying to reassure herself that her daughter was fine. Naruto chuckled before walking up to the groaning Sasuke, who was struggling to lift himself off the ground. "Sorry for taking so long to come back, teme." Naruto told him as he offered Sasuke a hand up. Sasuke glanced at the hand before smirking and taking it, letting Naruto lift him up and leaned on him for support. Sakura came over to check on him, noticing that he seemed a bit weak. "Let me see." She said, and he complied, used to Sakura fussing over him after missions, training and getting into fights with his partner or their group of friends. "That was fun to watch." A new voice commented, and they all turned to see Sai smiling at them. Nariko lit up, putting Shizuka down to pull Sai in a headlock and rub her fist on his head. "Sai!" She cheered. She loved messing with him, and loved even more that he let her, treating him like a punk little brother. "Nariko-san, can you please stop?" He complained, disliking the awkward position she had him in and that she was messing up his hair. Nariko pouted, but let him go. "Alright, but only because I want you to meet Naruto." She told him, still pouting as she crossed her arms.

As Sai picked up Shizuka, who had went up to him and raised her arms in indication that she wanted him to hold her, Sasuke glared at him. "You saw me being attacked by Nariko and you didn't think to help me? What kind of partner are you?" He questioned, still a bit miffed that no one tried to stop Nariko. Sai tilted his head as he stared at Sasuke. "You were being punished for almost harming Shizuka-san. I didn't want to stop Nariko-san from passing judgment on you." He said, and Sasuke became indignant. "You just liked seeing me get my ass kicked." He grumbled, then yelped when Nariko came up to whack his head. "Stop cussing in front of my daughter." She growled, and Naruto laughed as Sasuke frowned and rubbed his head. It was then that Sai finally turned his attention to Naruto. "Oh. You must be the baka everyone has been telling me about." He greeted with his fake smile, and everything fell silent for a moment as they all stared at him. Naruto became comically furious, trying to lunge at Sai while yelling as Nariko held him back from the back of his jacket, smiling fake sheepishly. "What did you call me, teme?! I'll beat you to a pulp!" Naruto yelled. "Naruto, wait until Sai isn't holding my daughter before you attack him. I'd hate to have to beat you up, too." Nariko told him too pleasantly, and Naruto stopped at her threat and creepy pleasantness, cowering at her in slight fear.

"Okay." Naruto agreed meekly, and Nariko let go of his jacket before patting his head. "Good boy. Now, what brings you here, Sai? Besides coming to torment Sasuke as a pastime?" She asked in amusement as she turned her attention to the artist. Sai put down Shizuka as she turned in his arms, watching as she ran to be held by her mother before speaking. "Hokage-sama wanted me to bring you guys to her office. She wanted to speak to Naruto and speak to Team 7 now that all of you have returned to the village." He told her, and Nariko turned serious, nodding in understanding before turning to the rest of the group. "Well then, let's get going. We shouldn't keep Tsunade waiting." She said with a smile, and began walking away, leading the group to the Hokage building.