Chapter 25: Senjutsu

After about two weeks and three days, Sasuke, Itachi, Obito, Tenzō and I finish fixing the Uchiha district. After that, the Uchihas did some missions for the village. Obito and Itachi did some A and S-rank missions, and Sasuke did some missions with the rookies. This lasted for the rest of the month and two weeks. When we finished fixing the Uchiha district, I went to my summons' domain, the Mayonaka Plateau. It was always night time there, and plenty of wildlife outside of the plateau. At the edge, there was a river with fish serving as a border to the plateau and a forest with fruits, herbs, poisonous plants, bugs, small reptiles and other animals like deer. The plateau's inhabitants were the alpha and omega wolves. The alphas are always either black or white, the dominant coats, and become at least as big as a tailed beast.

 The alphas are always either black or white, the dominant coats, and become at least as big as a tailed beast

The omegas have grey coats, and become half as big as an alpha. Everyone follows the main male and female alpha, but everyone is treated as an equal. Anyway, during my stay there, I got to meet and get to know the wolves before starting my senjutsu training. A few of them like Shiro, Kuro, and Ghost I already knew. I was stunned to see how big they all were, but then they showed me they can manipulate their size and shrink if they wanted.
The day after I arrived, we began my senjutsu training. Anubis, Ōkami, Shiro and Kuro were with me to help me. Well, Anubis and Ōkami were while Shiro and Kuro were there to learn how to teach their next summoners when their parents passed. What I was supposed to do was to first try to sense the natural chakra around me. There was a tar pit in the center of the plateau, and I had to stand in the middle of the pit while sensing the chakra. It wasn't that hard to do since I've done this before at home. Well, not the standing-on-tar thing, but the sensing. Since I'm able to do that, the next step was to drink animal blood- specifically, Anubis'. When you drink the blood of the main male alpha, the two of you are linked together spiritually. Both of your eyes turn completely black for two minutes with both of your bodies feeling like you're on fire. Similar to the snakes, if you start turning into stone because you fail to meet the requirements, you get eaten by the alpha linked to you. Or if you lose focus because of the pain, you fall and die in the tar pit. If you don't start turning into stone, your eyes will start turning back to normal but your irises stay black, you get black marks around your eyes and your lips also turn black. Technically, depending on what coat the main male alpha has, the new features will either be black or silver. Most people failed and died trying to get Sage Mode. My mom was too afraid to even try it, and she was apparently a really determined person that never backed down. I'm doing this so nothing can stop me from protecting everyone.
Anubis bit his paw and I cupped my hands to gather some of his blood. I was already standing on the tar pit, ready to attempt to get my Sage Mode.'Please help me with this, Kurama.' I asked while taking a deep breath. Of course, Nariko. He responded. I then drank the blood. As soon as I swallowed, I got tunnel vision from the pain flowing throughout my body, and I choked. I tried my best to focus on gathering and combining the natural chakra with my own, and Kurama added his own as well immediately. I had my eyes tightly closed and was biting my bottom lip hard, trying not to scream from the pain. My fingertips started getting stiff, and I heard Anubis snarl quietly.'No, I will not allow myself to be killed by this. I will achieve Sage Mode, and I will go home alive!' I said in my head, trying to fight for control. I screamed as I heard Kurama roar in my head, and our chakra swirled like a whirlpool with the natural chakra. The burning started to die down, and I opened my eyes to see Anubis looking at me with his normal, calm eyes."Come here, Nariko Namikaze." He ordered. I trudged over to the land, and fell on my knees once I was a foot away from the tar pit."Congratulations, child. You have achieved Sage Mode." He said softly, and I panted in exhaustion."I'm 13 years old, damn it." I blurted out before I blacked out.
When I woke up, I was in one of the huts that the wolves lived in. They were made of earth, and any alpha that knows earth style jutsu make them. Alphas either have water or earth while omegas have either fire, wind or lightning. I looked to my left and right and saw Kuro and Shiro sleeping on either side of me. Because of this, I couldn't get up without waking them. So, I sat up and shook their heads off my arms before standing and stretching. This immediately got them up in alarm. As soon as they saw me sitting on my legs trying to pop my ankles (I can actually do that), they tackled me to the ground and nuzzled my face."Don't you ever scare us like that again!" They both yelled at me, then started rambling stuff like how they heard my scream from all the way in the village and that Anubis told them he almost ate me. I sighed and back handed their ears, and they got off and sat down obediently."I'm fine, okay? No need to worry." I said while patting their heads, and they gave me their puppy eyes as a way of pouting. A minute after it didn't faze me, Shiro's eyes lit up in realization."Oh, Nari! My mom got you some new clothes for you!" He told me before going and nudging some folded clothes in a corner with his nose. I don't know how they were folded, they just were and it was done so neatly I slightly winced when Shiro messed it up a little. I went and picked up the clothes, and the twins left as I reluctantly changed into the clothes (pic above). After I was done, I walked out of the hut while flexing my fingers. I liked the choice of clothing, it was just going to take me a while to get used to it. Ghost- who is almost as big as his cousins- ran up to me."Hi, Nariko-sama! Aunt Ōkami wanted me to take you to the ceremonial plaza." He told me and I sighed and nodded before following him. I always insist on either being called Nariko or Nari with no formalities, but Ghost insists that it would be disrespectful for him to do that. The place that we were going to, the ceremonial plaza, is where alphas are chosen to become main alphas. The ground is still dirt, but it's a large circular earth platform. At the edge of the platform are four pillars that if you put walls connecting them, they make a square. It has no walls or a roof, and in the center of the platform is a circle with a curve in it to form a crescent moon. When the main alpha is made, the main alpha howls with the rest of the wolves following after. Whenever I think about the main alphas and the pack, it reminds me so much of a Kage leading their village.
When we arrived, Ōkami and Anubis were sitting on the platform with the twins, the four of them surrounding the center of the platform. The rest of the pack were gathered around the platform, and they made a path for me so I can go to the main alphas and the twins. Ghost had run off to his family that were in the crowd, so I went up alone. I showed no fear or anxiety because I knew it would agitate the wolves, and I didn't feel like getting mauled by them at the moment. I stood in front of the main alphas and the twins, and Anubis nudged me over to the center with his nose. Ōkami whispered to me to enter Sage Mode, and I nodded before doing so. It was a lot easier to do it now, and as I did it Anubis started a speech. He greeted his pack and announced them that they had a summoner who could now use their Sage Mode. It was apparently a big deal since they haven't had one that could do this in 65 years. I had just entered my Sage Mode when Anubis introduced me. The wolves then howled in approval, and as the small ceremony ended they all went back to their normal routine. Anubis informed me that I'm the first summoner they had that had achieved Sage Mode in only a day. He congratulated me once more before leaving, and Ōkami took me to their training grounds to learn some Sage art jutsus. She taught me how to use it in my Six Paths mode, and my lips turn back to normal, I lose the marks on my eyes with my irises becoming a vertical rhombus shape and have nine truth-seeking balls floating behind me. I learned how to make the balls appear and disappear, and Ōkami told me that I could also add Kurama's chakra to this form. However, I needed to be trained on how to control myself, so she recommended going to train under a jinchūriki named Killer Bee before returning to her. She also trained me on all of the new abilities I received in this mode. She taught me jutsus for this and my regular Sage Mode, like Six Paths: Cross Lantern. However, for that specific technique we had to go to a deserted part of the plateau. We trained for three weeks, and every time we returned to the village, Anubis would look at us in exasperation. Kuro told me that they can feel the ground shaking from all the way over here from the effects of the training. We all eventually got used to it.
When my training on the senjutsu was done, I trained with the wolves and learned some more stuff about them for another week. Everyone is put into teams of seven, the leader being an alpha while there are three other alphas and three omegas. The team that I had consisted of Anubis as the leader, Kuro, Shiro, Ghost's older brother Akira, and two male omegas named Kaneki, Gray, and one female omega named Suzuki. Akira has a white coat with black eyes, unlike Ghost, and is a water user. Kaneki uses fire, Gray uses wind, and Suzuki uses lightning. Everyone can pair up to use really powerful jutsus. For instance, Kuro and Shiro or Anubis and Akira can team up to make jutsus like earth style: swamp of the underworld, while everyone together can do five release great combo technique. When the week ended, Kage appeared without me summoning him and he gave me a letter from Itachi. It said that Jiraiya returned, which means that it's time to take Sasuke to Orochimaru. I dismissed Kage, said goodbye to the wolves, and headed home to Konoha just to leave it again.
Even though I got stronger, I never knew that my life was going to get a bit more complicated once I received a mission from Orochimaru.