Chapter 3: Leaving And Finding My True Self

•One month later in the Kazekage's office, third POV•
"I have been informed by my brother-in-law that you're daughter has become friends with my youngest son. Is this true?" "Yes, my lord." "I see...... I also know who and what you're daughter is, and what you used to be. Because of all of this, I do not wish for there to be two jinchūrikis in my village. I also do not wish for my weapon to know companionship and love in his life. So, I have decided that you are to take your daughter, yourself and all of your belongings and leave this village." "...... Yes, my lord. What will happen with your..... weapon?" "I will send my brother-in-law to attempt an assassination on him. Do not fear; I know he won't die. This is all a part of my plan."
•later that day, at the park•
"You're leaving? Why?" Gaara asked, sad about the announcement his best friend just informed him."I don't know. Miruzo-san just said that we have to go somewhere, but he didn't say where or why." Nariko said, a frown on her face as tears were close to falling from her eyes."No! I don't care what it is for, I don't want you to leave!" Gaara cried as he embraced Nariko, and the young girl immediately hugged the boy back, tears finally slipping down her face onto his shoulders. She sniffed and pulled away as she took something out of the pockets of her dress."When Miruzo-san told me about us moving, I quickly got you something that was supposed to be for next month." She mumbled before handing Gaara the wrapped item."Happy early birthday, Gaara-kun." She said happily, and Gaara unwrapped the gift to find a glowing red crystal necklace."It's a special necklace. You can infuse your chakra into it, so that when you give it to someone and you're near them, the necklace glows. Ku-kun let me put some of his chakra in there so you know when it's me that's near." Nariko explained. Gaara smiled and brought his friend back into the hug, not being able to speak without crying of joy and sadness at the same time.
As the sun set once more, the two parted ways for most likely the last time. Gaara went to the roof of his uncle's house, watching as his friend and her adoptive father left the village in a carriage. When the sun finally set, he could no longer see the carriage and just looked at the horizon in sadness. Suddenly, his ultimate defense activated, a wall of sand automatically being formed to protect him from the kunais being thrown at him. Shocked, he turned around to see a masked man behind him with floating kunais surrounding him and aiming at Gaara. The young boy soon became upset, and in only a few minutes he crushed the man with his sand. Gaara went up to the man and removed his mask to reveal Yashamaru. Horrified, he asked his beloved uncle why he did this, and Yashamaru told him his true feelings and what Karura, Gaara's mother, really felt before she died."You're friend...... Nariko........ she was false as well." Yashamaru continued, and Gaara's eyes widened."W....what?" He asked weakly, his voice barely audible."You're father..... sent her to pretend to be your friend. Every time...... she came back to report........ she complained and...... judged you. She never truly....... loved you. She asked to leave........ just to finally........ get away from you." Yashamaru lied, trying to break his nephew even further. He finished his speech before opening his vest to reveal explosive tags all over him. Gaara's sand surrounded him as protection as the explosives went off, and as it cleared Gaara had his sand put a kanji on his head. He screamed in agony and despair as his head began to bleed, and a scar began to form. The scar showed the kanji meaning love, and Gaara realized his 'true' purpose and meaning in life.
As this all happened, Nariko and Miruzo finally arrived at the woods, showing that they just entered the land of fire. Nariko was sitting with her head lowered, not wanting to speak or look at her guardian. Miruzo was silent, not caring to try to speak to Nariko or inform her of their destination as he steered the carriage away from both Konoha and Suna. Suddenly, Miruzo looked quickly to his left. When he was a ninja, he was a sensor type, and that ability hasn't left his side. He sensed two powerful chakra sources coming towards him swiftly, and before he could do anything he was tackled out of the drivers seat. Nariko is a sensor type as well thanks to Kurama, and she sensed the two men that was coming towards them from a mile away. Yet she didn't do anything, and all she is doing is staring as the two men, one that was covered everywhere except his eyes while he fought Miruzo, and the other who didn't have a shirt on as he approached Nariko. Both men were wearing a black cloak with red cloud patterns on it. Soon, the man fighting the young girl's guardian killed his opponent while the man with white hair just had a staring contest with the girl. Nariko glanced at Miruzo's corpse, and only had a poker face on."Hey kid, why aren't you going fucking hysterical? You're guardian just got fucking killed in front of you, yet you're not fighting or crying or some shit." The man with white hair cussed, and the other man came up behind him and smacked his head."She's a child. Control your tongue in front of her, baka." The other man hissed."I didn't always get to see Miruzo-san because he was always away from home. That and he took me away from my home and best friend." Nariko answered, and the two men were silent for a minute."Girl, what is your name?" The covered man asked, but it sounded like a demand."Nariko Namikaze. Who are you, and what do you want?" She responded and asked."I am Kakuzu, and this is my partner Hidan. Our leader wishes to have a meeting with you." Kakuzu answered, and Hidan grabbed Kakuzu's arm."What the fuck, dude?! Why the hell did you tell her that?!" He cussed angrily, and Kakuzu pulled his arm away."She introduced herself willingly, and she has the right to know. She is related to Pein-sama, after all." Kakuzu told him, and Hidan just muttered profanities and insults at the man."What do you mean? Is your leader a Namikaze?" Nariko asked curiously."No, he is an Uzumaki. You are related on your mother's side." Kakuzu said, and Nariko froze.".......Who is my mother?" She asked quietly."Kushina Uzumaki, and your father was Minato Namikaze, the Fourth Hokage." Kakuzu answered as he picked up the now completely stiff girl, and the three swiftly left to the headquarters of the Akatsuki.
'Ku-kun, is this true? Am I related to the Fourth Hokage of Konoha?' Nariko asked her bijū, remembering reading in a book about the leaders of Konohagakure. ........ Yes, Nariko. It's true. You also have a twin brother who has my other half sealed within him. He is alive and lives in Konoha. Kurama answered grimly. Nariko was silent for the rest of the trip, in complete shock from everything that happened.