Chapter 17: I Try To Make Moo and Haku A Kiri-Nin

~Nariko's pov~
Okay, so Zabuza and Haku came with us to Tazuna's house. The two of them, along with Tobi, helped as much as they could to build the bridge. After four hours of being watched by Kakashi, however, Tobi quickly left back to the hideout, anxious to get as far away from him as possible. An hour later, Hidan came to help and watch me. Kakashi basically gave up on why I know the Akatsuki and Zabuza after failing to get questions out of me. Sasuke, however, was basically in my face every few minutes, demanding me to tell him where Itachi is. I told him I didn't know, and I'm being honest here. I haven't seen everyone or been to the hideout in a while, so I don't know if they're still in the same location. That, and Hidan repeatedly told Sasuke that Itachi is on a mission, but he doesn't have any details on it. The boy is now basically fuming and death glaring at me while him and Naruto try to climb trees using chakra. Sakura already finished, considering Haruno's have a natural sense of chakra control. She's guarding Tazuna with Haku while me, Zabuza and Hidan help the construction workers do the bridge. The second day we were staying at Tazuna's house, we were nearly finished with the bridge when Gato came with all of the goons he hired. Zabuza and Kisame, who came to watch me, teamed up to kill all of the goons and Gato. The bridge finished, and with the new respect that Tazuna now had for Naruto after everything he learned about him, the bridge was named Naruto Bridge.
Kisame switched out with Itachi, who followed us while hiding so he doesn't freak Sasuke out, and we along with Zabuza and Haku went back to Konoha. Everyone basically freaked the fuck out when they saw them, and I had to use my Flying Thunder God to get us to Hiruzen. I convinced him to let me go to Kirigakure and make a peace treaty and an agreement to have Zabuza and Haku become Kiri-nins. He also wanted me to ask if they wanted to participate in the Chūnin exams. Apparently, the Mizukage there died and a new one was elected. She was pretty cool when I met her, and she agreed with the treaty. Haku And Zabuza are village ninjas again, and the Mizukage declined on the invitation. Haku And Zabuza were posted in the land of waves to help reorganize everything that Gato messed up, and I went with them before going back to Konoha.
I got side tracked a few times because I ran into the occasional rogues and bandits. Kakuzu helped me with the ones that had bounties, and we split the money we received from turning them in. Eventually, I made it near an outpost village near Konoha and found Tsunade. We hung out for two hours before I left. I also ran into Jiraiya who was thinking about making a visit to Konoha. I talked to him for a while and he taught me some seals for jinchūrikis before I left again. When I made it to Konoha, I found Kotetsu and Izumo a bit nervous. When I asked them what was wrong, they said that the children of the Kazekage arrived for the Chūnin exams and one of them seemed off in a scary way. My eyes widened and I became excited as soon as I heard the Sand Siblings were here. I ran off to find them, but never would I have thought that this and the next month would be hell for me.

A/N sorry this was short, guys. I'm at school right now and I also didn't have many ideas for that small part. The next chapter will have more info, don't worry. Fair warning though, it's gonna be depressing as fuck.