Chapter 10: The Promise and Konoha

A/N the left pic is Kurenai and the right is her backpack, just ignore the baseball bats (unless you guys wanna imagine her using it to bash people's heads in ;D).
•next year, three days before the final graduation testing in Konoha•
"Otōsan, I want to go to Konoha."
Everyone went silent from talking and having their breakfast as I said this, and my stature didn't waver as their gazes pierced me."Why do you want this?" Otōsan asked, authority being heard clearly in his voice, but it has been forever since it has affected me."I want to follow through with the plan I've had since I've arrived. Find my brother and return to my friend in Sunagakure." I explained, with as much authority in my voice as his from all of the years training with the members of the Akatsuki and experiencing many things, however it breaks on some occasions. I am serious only when needed, and it is needed now. The silence returned for a while, and finally he made up his mind."Very well. I am aware that you can take care of yourself, we didn't train you for years for nothing. You may go, but you must keep in touch with one of us." He decided before looking around the table, and his eyes stopped at Itachi."Itachi will keep in touch with you since the two of you have summonings that are birds. If Itachi cannot speak to you, then contact me through our telepathic connection. Go and pack, we will see you off before you leave." He said. My strong facade broke as I childishly cheered, ran over to Otōsan and glomped him."Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyoooooouuuuuuu!!!!!" I exclaimed before running to my room to pack, not missing the small smile that Otōsan had.
Soon enough, I had my katana in its black and blood red case on my left hip, my black ninja pouch attached to my right leg, and my fanny pack acting as a belt, it's opening on my back. I had my purple and black backpack with some clothes, money, feminine supplies because I'm expecting to have t.o.m. soon (time of the month), and survival stuff like water and soldier pills. I don't plan on resting, I want to get to Konoha by at least the afternoon. We're currently in the Land of the River, so it should take me almost five hours to get there if I don't stop. I hug everyone goodbye, and after I hug Otōsan I became confused.'Aren't I missing someone.....?' I wondered, and Otōsan noticed my expression."I had Itachi go on a last minute mission. There was an emergency at a village, someone found one of our hideouts and I had him go take care of it." He explained. I pouted, but nodded and said my final goodbye before I started walking away."Bye Nariko! Make sure to be careful around boys and mean girls!(lol the movie)" Konan shouted, and the males in the Akatsuki got riled up, shouting that they'd torture and kill anyone who wants to hurt or date me. I sweat dropped but kept on going. When I got half a mile away from the base, I heard a twig snap and I unsheathed my katana, Kurenai (not a coincidence, it's red as well as black and Kurenai is one of the characters in this anime whose name means red). Itachi walked out with his Sharingan activated, and I sighed before sheathing Kurenai."Itachi, you're supposed to be on a mission." I said."I know, but I wanted to tell you something." He explained."Remember the stories I told you of my life in Konoha?" He asked, and I nodded, all of the memories still fresh in my mind." I want you to be careful of the people there. And I also want you to protect my brother along with yours. From what I remember, the two were rivals, and Naruto never had a good life and was mostly alone. I'm sure it's the same for Sasuke now. I never wanted him to have this life, but it was for the good of the village. Nariko, I'm sure the path I put him on will be dark and dangerous, so I want you to be there for him. Help him grow strong, strong enough to kill me." He told me, and my eyes widened and my mouth opened in shock and disbelief."This is what I want. I did something that I should be killed for, murdering my family and entire clan. I'm lucky that Danzō allowed Sasuke to survive. I want him to kill me, so justice can be served, and so that Sasuke can be rid of the reminder that his own brother killed his loved ones." He continued."But he doesn't know the truth! Itachi-" "No, Nariko. Let him do this, please." He interrupted me."Itachi, he's going to regret killing you once he finds out that you were just following orders. He won't have anyone else in the world when you're gone." I told him."I know." He replied. I huffed angrily."What if Orochimaru goes to him and convinces him to be his servant? Orochimaru will try to kill him and take his body for immortality and the Sharingan, just like he did with you." "Then stop them. Stop Orochimaru from touching Sasuke and poisoning his mind, and make sure Sasuke doesn't become a rogue." I glared at the man I consider to be my brother, completely angry at his plan to make his brother's life completely miserable just to kill him, and neither things I want to happen."Itachi, I have told you about the promise I've made to the Sage of the Six Paths. I will find a way to stop the chaos and conflict happening between the two of you and in your lives, whether either of you like it or not. I will save the both of you from the darkness, and I will bring the two of you back together." I told him, and he narrowed his eyes at me in irritation. I ignored him and walked passed him, but stopped and turned my head to look back at him."I promise to take care of your brother. I promise to take care of and protect everyone I love, and bring peace to everyone and their lives, even if it kills me. That is my goal, and my ninja way. I will not waver from it, I will not give up on it, and I will not let anything or anyone stop me from completing it." I told him before walking away.
Five minutes later, I summoned the twins, and like usual they were rough housing each other."Kuro, Shiro, stop messing around. Help me locate the Hidden Leaf Village. We have traveled everywhere but there and the Hidden Sand village, I'm sure you can figure out where to go." I said while running my hand through my hair. Their heads snapped up and they had a mischievous and happy glint in their eyes."Nariko-chan!" They both exclaimed, and my eyes widened as they jumped on me."Uh- get off me! We don't have time for this!" I ordered, and they immediately got off."Yes, ma'am!" They shouted before sniffing the air. When I got up, Kuro nodded."I caught two unknown scents. One is more fresh than the other, I'm assuming that's Konoha." He stated."Go." I said, and we began tree hopping, making a triangle formation with Kuro in front with me on the right and Shiro on the left."At the speed we're going, we'll be there in at least a day if we don't stop." Kuro said."Then let's pick up the pace." I said with a smirk before pushing chakra into my legs, making me go faster while damaging the branches."Hey, no fair/wait up!" The twins yelled as they fell behind. I laughed and went faster, them at my heels complaining about starting an unnecessary race."You two want to meet my brother as much as I do, don't you? Then we need to get there before the day ends!" I said, and we went faster, the two now at my sides.
Soon the sun was setting, and as the sun touched the horizon we arrived at the front gates of Konohagakure."Fancy." I said sarcastically, and my eyes narrowed at the two sleeping guards."Wake them." I ordered, and the twins snarled before pouncing on the two guards. The guards screamed and flailed as the four fell to the ground, and they froze in terror as Kuro and Shiro's teeth stopped at their eyes."What kind of ninja are you? Sleeping on the job- foolish! Rogue ninja could waltz right into this important village, possibly kill a lot of innocent people and might even kill your Hokage! And as all this happens, the two of you would be sleeping away. When you wake up, it will be too late for you to do anything, if they haven't already killed you in your sleep. You two should be a disgrace to your village for doing this." I reprimanded them. They looked pissed and seemed to want to talk back to me, but in unison the twins snapped their teeth near their neck, causing the guards to pale and freeze again."What are your names?" I demanded."Kotetsu/Izumo." They said quietly, and I sighed before snapping my fingers. The twins got off them and came back to my side before sitting obediently. Kotetsu and Izumo cautiously sat up then stood, keeping an eye on the twins."Who are you, and what is your business here?" Izumo demanded weakly, and Kuro huffed."We attack you and instead of sounding the alarm and arresting us, you ask for identification which could be said during interrogation." He said."You guys really are bakas." Shiro added, and I put my hands on there heads to silence them."I am Nariko Namikaze, daughter of the fourth Hokage Minato Namikaze and his wife Kushina Uzumaki. These are my partners and summonings Kuro and Shiro. We wish to enter so I can become citizen of this village and I can find my twin brother Naruto Uzumaki." I stated, standing tall and proud about my heritage."She's the Fourth's daughter.....?" Kotetsu whispered, but wasn't quiet enough."She does look like Lady Kushina......." Izumo told him, and the two hummed."Show us proof that you are who you say you are." Izumo ordered. The twins were about to snap at them when I back handed their ears, making them side glance at me."Very well." I said before closing my eyes. I summoned Kurama's chakra, and I sensed my appearance change. I now looked like I was wearing eyeliner, my fangs became sharper, and when I opened my eyes they were the same as Kurama's."Is this enough proof?" I asked, my voice a little raspy but had authority and what seemed like anger in it, but that's natural. The guards looked a bit panicked and nodded before contacting someone. Soon an ANBU jumped between us and looked at me."A jinchūriki...." he muttered before doing some hand signs. I sighed before making the chakra recede, and put my hands up to show I'm not a threat."No worries, I have full control of myself and am in good terms with my bijū." I assured them, but they only relaxed a little bit."R-really?" Kotetsu stuttered. These people are absolute fools. Nothing has changed since we left. Kurama sighed.'Ah, so you're finally awake.' I mused. Hey, leave me alone. I don't bug you when you're tired. He grumbled, and I internally smirked. The ANBU guy soon relaxed."She's telling the truth. The bijū's chakra isn't as dark and unstable as her brother's." He stated, causing the guards to sigh in relief, but my expression hardened."What do you mean? Does Naruto not get along with Yang-Kurama?" I asked, and they were silent, causing me to scowl."He doesn't know, does he?" I asked, almost sounding like I'm accusing them of a crime."Let me take you to the Hokage, he can explain everything to you." The ANBU guy said before walking away. I nodded at the guards before following him, the twins instantly following me as well.

A/N edited 1/3/18 (I'm finding multiple errors in almost all of the chapters fml)