Chapter 18

Thank you Vivibear_2507 1D_girl18 AllyUrie _xotheresaxo_ and to my good friend stephanie__1d.
Hope you enjoy Chapter 18! Also, this story is almost up to 4k reads that's insane! I remember having 800 reads and I was ecstatic about that.

As we rummaged through the thousands of files my heart beat got quicker by the minute.

What if we got caught?

If we did it was a chance I'd take.
I would do anything to find out all of the dark history of this place but most importantly the secrets of our parents.

I flipped through the hundreds of files eventually getting to the section I was categorized in.

There were about a hundred files on the different people that had landed themselves into this place.

Each one was different from the previous person.

A small girl with curly ringlets of hair covered her pale face.

A boy with piercing grey eyes and black hair.

And a older teenager with a blond quiff stared at me through the piece of paper.
Each file was different but there was still one thing that they shared in common.

No matter what age, race, or gender their eyes spoke to me.
If you looked close enough you could see that their eyes screamed help. I wanted to truly help them but I couldn't because I was in the same situation they were in.

As I reached the end of the files in the R section I looked at the last file.
The picture was of a woman but that woman wasn't me.
There was no file of me which was impossible. She kept everyone on file so there was no way there wasn't a record of me.

I guess I am nonexistent to her.
Maybe she thought we had died so she got rid of them. She probably thought "Why do you need to know about a person who's dead?"

History eventually ends up being forgotten anyways, right?

Thousands of people could die but in a hundred years no one would remember what happened to them.

"Fuck there's not even one record of me," Harry complained his eyes saggy and sleepy.
"Same here," I sighed as I felt a slight pain in my arm as I set it down.
The edge of a old photograph had formed a small cut in my arm.

The photograph displayed a picture of a boy about 6, a younger girl, two men, and two women in the picture all on couch.
They were all smiling as they posed for a quick picture.
A banner that hung above the families read "The Misfits Club."
The boy and the little girl looked strikingly similar to two people I seemed to know.
When I flipped to the back of the photo I found a small cursive font written on it.
The writing was barely legible but it was readable. It listed the people in the photo - Amy and Paul Roth with their daughter.
On the left the woman with long brown hair was Anne Cox and the man sitting next to her was her husband with a small boy grinning proudly as he sat next to them.
Then, it hit me like a bullet to my brain. Harry and I had met before but we didn't even acknowledge the thought of it.
Maybe that's why people thought we already knew each other.
After all, according to that photo I had met him before.
A big smile was shown on the little boy's face while his dimples peeked out next to lips.
The little girl grinned as she sat on the lap of the boy.
He held me gently in his arms just like he did now.
I guess he had developed that trait from an early age because he was always so protective over me.
Even at 6 he held the little me as if I was his whole world.
I smiled as I admired the picture. Then, I heard a quiet voice from behind me.

"What are you so interested in, Mavis?" he asked probably wondering why I had dozed off in my little world of memories.

I handed the photo to him and as he glanced down to see the colored picture he smiled.

"I knew you looked familiar.I had a certain pull towards you and I just didn't know why," he remarked as he examined the picture.

"I guess that's why your arms felt so familiar being wrapped around me. Even when we were little we showed affection towards each other," I chuckled as the faint memories flooded back to me.

As we turned to exit the office the photograph clutched in his hand our eyes were met with a pair of grey eyes.
Immediately, I told myself to run as far away as I could. Those grey eyes were bad news that I didn't want to be apart of. It was a natural instinct the misfits had because practically every minute they were running away from something.