Chapter 26

The sea of people in front of me startled me. The hundreds of pictures were hung on the walls showing the past Misfits and the Misfits of the future. It was truly a sight to see.

Hundreds of people, boys and girls, small and large flooded the room.

All of them different from the one that stood beside them. Each of them were different from the average person or Regular as they were called.

The difference between Regulars and Misfits was simply if they had powers or not.

Harry was a fire demon capable of killing people with a single flame.

I was a...

Wait. I didn't know. So far I have never shown any sort of extraterrestrial activity or performed any power of some sort.

So was I a Regular?

My parents were Misfits so I certainly had to be.

"Hello, everyone. Please stay calm as we get everyone situated. This will only take a moment," I spoke in a soft tone trying to sound as comforting as possible. People continued to trip over each either and panic as the mass of people got even bigger.

"Quiet, please." Harry yelled as people trampled each other trying to find their friends in the sea of Misfits.

"Hello everyone. I'm Mavis and this is Harry. We have brought you here today not only to get you out of the Madhouse but to plan an escape."

As soon as I said that their eyes lit up and some even laughed hysterically at me.

"An escape. Really? There's no way that you or anyone else could ever escape from here," A tall broad man argued.

"I can assure you, that one day someone will escape The House For Misfits. Now please let me continue," I replied trying to be as polite as possible.

Yes, I knew my appearance maybe didn't show my power and persistence. I had to keep that in mind when talking to them but they just don't know how powerful we all can actually be.

"As you guys already know. Mavis and I are going to make our escape plan today and each and everyone of you will be apart of it."

People groaned at the idea because they were afraid of the consequences and they didn't seem to care about the pay off.

"Okay everyone. We have to divide you into groups to cover the different floors. Now partner up with someone that has a different ability or power than you.

Suddenly, they started to run around the room.Their eyes wildly searched for their closet friend.

"Now stop. Has everyone found a partner?" I asked causing a few people to run into each other as they halted to a stop.

Mostly everyone nodded their head and sat down on the floor indicating they had a partner.

Then, a little boy stood up his disheveled curls covering his face "I don't," he stuttered searching for a partner.

God, how he reminded me of Harry.Curly hair, green eyes, plump pink lips. He could practically be his child.

A small girl then slowly stood up trembling as she talked. "I don't have a partner either."

This time the little girl resembled the 7 year old me. I felt like I was looking at the Harry and I from the picture we had found.

"Well I guess you two can be partners then," Harry added staring at the little boy as he spoke. I think he saw the resemblance too.

"God, Mavis. They look exactly like us," he whispered to me as he continued to stare at the two kids.

Just when I started to glance at the kids I saw something that sparked a memory in my head. The little girl sat on top of the older boy's lap who smiled as he held her.

The photo.

It reminded me of the first time Harry and I had met.

His hands held me safely as I sat on top of his lap.

"Mavis?" Harry whispered with slight worry.

"I'm fine," I stuttered trying to get myself to refocus. Memories of my parents flashed in front of my eyes.

"There are three floors we have to cover. The Madhouse, the Common Room level, and the Offices. The Common Room level is where the cafeteria is, the Offices are where Mrs. Brunswick and all of the guards work, and the Madhouse is the most dangerous because I can guarantee the guards are going to go there first. Now everyone separate into those three groups. We have signs plastered to the corners around the room."

The Misfits quickly separated into the three groups running to the corner they wanted.

"The job for the Madhouse group is probably the hardest. First, you will have to locate the exit tunnel. Next, you will open all of the cells by touching the panels-

"Why would we have to open the panels? Everyone has already evacuated their cells," the same tall man interrupted.

"Honestly, the majority of us are going to be put back into our cells.  Now here's where my role and Harry's role come in. Since mostly everyone will be locked up we will have to open everyone's cell in The Madhouse.

Then, they will open everyone's cell. Does everyone understand?"

"Yes," the voices of the Misfits yelled in unison.

Then, Harry started to speak

"The next area us the common room level. Basically, everyone in the Common Room group acts like a distraction. We want them to focus on the commotion down there and not in The Madhouse."

"Last, the Offices is where Mrs. Brunswick and all the other guards' work areas are. You will most likely have to fight off guards from leaving your area. If they leave the area, you better hope that they'll go to the commotion in The Common Room," I explained to them.

Suddenly, a voice chanted some inaudible words. Then, a couple other voices joined in making it easier to understand.

"We will win. We are the Misfits and we will win," a few voices chanted which quickly turned in to a hundred voices. Soon enough, the whole room lit up with excitement and cheers.

"We will win. We are the Misfits and we will win." I shouted with them excited and nervous for the escape that we planned.

Mentions-looooeehhh fluorescent_memories ella1908 kirstennmackk99 OtakuZe 

halfxheart Your_My_Poison internxtlou annalovesyou12

Also, I would like to say I will be adding more songs to the playlist on 8tracks soon just to let you know.

Much love Xx