Chapter 29

Before you start a war, you better know what you're fighting for.

Harry gently pulled my hand up and helped lift me from the ground.

"What are we going to do? Everyone's gone, Harry," I asked my eyes filled with sorrow.

"Don't worry. We'll find them. The person behind this is obviously Mrs. Brunswick. We just have to find her."

"Let's find her then," I insisted.

Harry held my hand tightly as we headed out the door of The Misfits Room.

'Wait, can I do something quickly?"

"Sure, Mavis."

My eyes examined every photograph, every person, every misfit, to find my parents.
I landed on woman with long brown hair who had a smile plastered on her face, a genuine one actually. That was my mom, alright. She was always cheerful, always happy.

Then, I glanced to the photo next to her, my dad. His hair had grey roots but he still looked lively. My parent's age gap was about four years just like Harry and I's age gap.

I smiled as I looked at the two photographs with red X's covering their faces.

"I won't let you down," I cried with tears streaming down my face and neck.

I wiped them off and then turned to Harry my mood immediately changing when I spoke. "Let's go kick some ass."

"That's my girl," Harry chuckled as we finally exited the Misfits Room.

Hundreds of people were missing and we were the only ones leftin the open.
That had to say something.
We tiptoed down the halls glancing down the corners to make sure nobody could see us.
If all the misfits were gone then who else was here?

We reached her office which was where she was the whole day.
We quickly scampered to her office door to see nothing but vacancy.

There room was just filled up with stacks of paperwork files but no living thing in sight.
Where the hell was Mrs. Brunswick?

"Harry, I think someone else is behind this," I stuttered scared of who else would have been capable of capturing all of the misfits at once.

"I think so too," he agreed as we stood in the empty room, alone.

"What the hell are we going to do, Harry?" I yelled in frustration while my eyes watched my surroundings closely.

"Well let's go find the dicks that started this. Do you have your gun?" he asked looking at me straight in the eye.

"Yeah," I replied with a nod as I loaded bullets into my handgun.

"Where should we go?" he questioned as we wondered where the hell hundreds of people would be.

"The basement. That's the only place I think that could hold that many people captive."

Quickly, we bolted across the halls since we didn't have any apparent security guards.
After running through winding hallways, we arrived at the basement.

When I glanced through the window I realized Harry was right. The hundreds of misfits were either tied to wooden posts or strapped on what looked like hospital beds.

Either way they were trapped.

"How in the world are we going to get all of them out?"

"Just find the person with the keys and knock them out. That shouldn't be a problem," Harry suggested as I pondered my thoughts for ideas.