Chapter 31

We were going to escape tomorrow, and I was going to bring Harry whether they liked it or not.

The middle aged woman spoke quietly "I'm going to miss you Mavis. All of the misfits are going to miss you dearly."

"Wait," I paused pondering over my memories.

"You and my parents-"

"Were in that club together," she finished my sentence with a smile.

I happened to have the picture of Harry and I with the Misfits Club. I pulled it out of my pocket and I stared at the photo, trying not to cry. I brushed my finger over the smooth photograph moving my finger over little Harry.

I ended up finding her in the picture. I squinted to see the small name tag buttoned on to her shirt, her name was Charlotte. She sat next to my mom on a bench in the black and white polaroid picture.

"Your parents are already gone and soon you will be taken away from us. You are the only hope, you make everyone believe in themselves," she sighed as she glanced at the picture I showed to her.

"Don't worry. We are going to escape tomorrow," I announced proudly.

"Mavis, what the hell are you thinking?" she yelled as I could visibly see her smile turn to a frown.

"Do you want to get out alive or not?" I asked knowing what she would want.

"Fine, I'll do it. I'll even get the other misfits involved."

"I'm bringing Harry too. Do you have any problems with that?" I asked with a smirk knowing that she wouldn't like that idea.

"Mavis, that's insane. How are we going get him out?"

"Aren't we all insane anyways?"

"True but you must be careful."

"I will be. I promise."

"Oh Mavis Roth, what am I going to do with you?" she sighed as she developed all of the information I was telling her.

"I don't know to be honest. Sometimes I don't even know what to do with myself," I muttered to myself.

"You are just like your mom, always seeking risk and adventure for love. You must really love Harry if you are willing to risk your life for him. Not many people would do that,you know."

"I love him more than I love myself," I confessed as I smiled at the ground, the flashes of memories coming back to me.

Our first kiss, him saving me from Daniel, us making cookies, everything was all coming back.
It made me smile but inside it was painful,to be without him knowing that he might be dead.

"Well I'll let the other misfits know. Bye Mavis," she told me with a worried expression on her face. I could tell because she was scared. She was scared of dying and to be honest I was too.
I wandered around the rooms looking everywhere for a sight of Harry but nothing was found.
I did find someone else, however.
As I wandered the empty halls a gush of wind blew past me.The cold wind engulfed me and even lifted me upper of the floor so I was lightly hovering.
I smiled because I knew who it was. No, it wasn't Harry of course but it was Max. Max was the ghost hybrid that wandered the halls of The Misfits House.

"Hi, Mavis! I can't believe it that you are going to escape tomorrow," he yelled with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Sh, Max. Please keep it down, we don't want anyone to know, don't we?"

"Oh alright. Charlotte told all of the misfits already. They are planning a meeting and they want you to come.

"That's great, Max! I'll definitely come and help plan. When is it?" I questioned as I focused my attention on Max.

"Um that's why I was coming to get you. It's right now," he muttered sighing at the ground.

"Okay, let's go then," I replied with a smile.

"We don't have much time anyways."

He disappeared into thin air and the fast gush of wind blew my hair around wildly.
"I guess I'll get there by walking," I sighed with a laugh.

Sometimes I wish I could fly. Then, just maybe I might be able to fly away from here.

Eventually, I arrived at the basement which of course was already filled with a sea of people. They were chatting and sharing all of their probably ridiculous ideas. Right when I set a foot in the room, I felt hundreds of eyes staring at me. All of their focus was drawn on me and all I could do was let out a simple "Hi."

Some of them even repeated my "hi" and some of them chanted my name. It felt so surreal to have a sea of people rooting for you because I knew the time when people were rooting against me.
After they all chanted for a minute, I gained my well known confidence back.

"Hello everyone! We are gathered here today to form a plan for our escape. Basically, if you have an idea please share it. All ideas are welcome, even the crazy and most insane ones," I stated with a smile.

A boy started to speak as I called on him "Can't we just kill them all ourselves and have like a battle to the death?"

"That's not how it all works. It needs to be more detailed. We've expected defeat before by doing that so we don't want to repeat our mistakes."

First, we have to cause a distraction. Anybody have any ideas for one?" I asked trying to get the conversation going.

The same boy raised his hand so I called on him again.
"We could turn all of the lights and power off so nobody could see."

"That's definitely a consideration." I responded.

"How about we separate in groups?" this girl in the back of the room shouted.

"One group could go search for Harry, one could find the exit, and one would try to knock out the Regulars.

"That sounds like a good plan to me," I confirmed as she stopped talking.

"All in favor raise your hand."

The mass of people's hands shot up in the air besides one.
It was a little girl, the one that resembled me.

"What if we are afraid? " she asked staring up in to my eyes with a a scared look on her face.

Being afraid doesn't shut you down it wakes you up. Fear is my motavation to keep fighting because without it there would no war, and we would let them win.

"You've got to be brave then and conquer your greatest fears because that's what makes life worth living, darling." I replied with a smile.

She gave a smile back and that's when I knew I gave her a small ounce of hope.

A/N Hey! I predict that there will be two more so you'll get an extra chapter :) If you liked this please vote, share, and comment.
If you would like me to do a Q&A please leave your questions here or do whatever you would like to.

Mentions- DoodlesToDo pureveins StockholmSyndrome11

Much love Xx